Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag

This dovetails with his statement during yesterday's annual shareholder event Q&A:

"We are adding a lot of, sort of, attachment points to Cybertruck, so others can build things. (So) A startup or other companies can build things that are attachments that enhance Cybertruck and turn it into a camper essentially. Because I think it would be really cool to have these third-party things available for the Cybertruck."
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Option packages require me to be able to buy the truck elon... wen?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Option packages require me to be able to buy the truck elon... wen?
That is what I said to the Cyberlandr folks. They have a very bullish position, understandably. Sadly, with Elon’s 3rd mention of the Cybertruck having to be affordable I am beginning to lose some of my pricing confidence. I need you @Crissa!

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
That is what I said to the Cyberlandr folks. They have a very bullish position, understandably. Sadly, with Elon’s 3rd mention of the Cybertruck having to be affordable I am beginning to lose some of my pricing confidence. I need you @Crissa!
Same.. he has me nervous

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Same.. he has me nervous
I managed to remain optimistic up until his comments during this shareholders meeting. By now Tesla probably has a very good understanding of cost and effort to build this thing. Elon has done a 180 from saying this would be easier and more efficient to produce to now saying its very difficult and hard to manufacture. Any confidence I had for this truck being truly affordable to the masses is out the window. Tesla has just been stacking pillows underneath us to soften the fall when we pass out at seeing the price. At this point I'm just planning to keep my existing 8 year old car for another 3-4 years and see what happens.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I managed to remain optimistic up until his comments during this shareholders meeting. By now Tesla probably has a very good understanding of cost and effort to build this thing. Elon has done a 180 from saying this would be easier and more efficient to produce to now saying its very difficult and hard to manufacture. Any confidence I had for this truck being truly affordable to the masses is out the window. Tesla has just been stacking pillows underneath us to soften the fall when we pass out at seeing the price. At this point I'm just planning to keep my existing 8 year old car for another 3-4 years and see what happens.
Yeah. He’s appears to be uncomfortable/ unhappy when referencing pricing. It’s a disappointment/miss for him.

Crimson_Fate

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'll belive it when I see it. Tesla has been pretty resistive to "options" in the past. On the MY&3 there is pretty large demand for auto frunks and a second display but Tesla has decided to leave this money on the table for the aftermarkets to fill their pockets with.

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
I'll belive it when I see it. Tesla has been pretty resistive to "options" in the past. On the MY&3 there is pretty large demand for auto frunks and a second display but Tesla has decided to leave this money on the table for the aftermarkets to fill their pockets with.
Maybe that's how Tesla tries to keep the Cybertruck starting price as low as possible - by offering a more de-contented Cybertruck at a lower base price, while offering more options than we've seen on other Tesla models?

Panzerfahre

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Pacifica Hybrid, Cybertruck (on order)
Occupation
Lawyer
Country flag
You're right. But I have a line - I pre-ordered the triple motor with FSD. I can manage a slight price change, but doubt I can go more than 10 percent --- not and stay married.

MEWoodsMFG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
I don't think Elon has done a 180. Of course the Cybertruck is difficult to manufacture now, they are in the very early stages, still setting up the assembly line, still figuring things out.
I have no doubt that once they get past a certain point and really get their process down, that Cybertruck will be easier and less expensive produce than any other model currently in the S3XY lineup. That said, I could be very wrong, but I hope I'm not.

Glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram, Cyber T, S , Infinty, Buick, sligshot, Goldwi
Occupation
Diamond coated surgical burrs
Country flag
I haven't bought it yet, he goes too far and I will drop it like a hot potato, I have an S now, and will keep it either way, but the truck, he might lose me on if they don't start talking soon.

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Raptor, 20XX Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
3rd party attachment points and with trying to keep the cost down...hmmm 3rd party aftermarket everything! You only get the exoskeleton! The cybertruck as we know it has all of those 3rd party options installed already!

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
That is what I said to the Cyberlandr folks. They have a very bullish position, understandably. Sadly, with Elon’s 3rd mention of the Cybertruck having to be affordable I am beginning to lose some of my pricing confidence.
I'm with you on that. Trying to keep this in mind when the decision comes:

Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk: Cybertruck option packages & [aftermarket] third-party add-ons will be 🔥🔥 1684436624763