Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
Yeah, this is why I generally lurk rather than post. Don't have the energy to justify myself or explain every comment to a very sensitive group of folks.

But staying on topic, I think we know what these squares are for now:
1B911B9C-72EB-4F3B-ACC7-40CE2E53EF34.jpeg

Matches up perfectly with the rack mount points partially visible here:
FvoySCfX0AIyFxL.jpeg

These mounting points could be used for anything! Camper shells, auto turrets (duh), or quick connectors for tools. I can see where the 3rd party stuff may go nuts. Jeep Wrangler owners may get their rocks off with the CT after all.
Cheers!
I think you are correct.. and now that i see that i have to wonder if there is some kind of a power feed in the center.. so that what you connect <say a Pillar mounted spot, or a light bar> has an available power source ?? just blue skying but interesting thoughts!!!
Sponsored

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
...Without sleeping, you might point out.

-Crissa
True, hearing him tell the story in person was the best. He didn't even feel tired when he arrived in New York the next day. I don't think I could ride all day, through the night and into the next day. Crossing the continent in one fell swoop, quite the ride!

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I saw a lot of people making the case that Cybertruck price increases vs. reveal event pricing would be rather modest, but I'm having trouble recalling anyone arguing pricing would not change at all.

On the other hand, there were a bunch of confused people projecting $100K-$120K pricing, which is just ridiculous without even having to stop and think about it.

Last edited:

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
This thread was supposed to be about option packages and third-party add-ons, but it seems that some are straying off topic or injecting other concerns at times lately.

Even I have not always been the most positive in posts but sometimes I feel some things need to be pointed out. I think we should keep in mind of our aims on this forum when making less positive comments, as hopefully they should be more constructively critical rather than only disrespectful or controlling.

My last thread was critical of some things about the CT, but I pointed out in it that I wanted it to be perceived constructively as possible suggestions for improvements. But even I at times later think I may emphasize a negative side to much, as it's a balancing act. Thinking how hard the team at Tesla has literally been working, and then re-reading my starting post on that thread, I didn't want it to be like at 'hit piece' at all and yet some of it started seeming like that to me so I felt a little sick to my stomach.

I think sometimes we have to watch how we might over-emphasize things. Of course the argument for 'tough love' or whipping a process into line might be valid at certain times, but I think we should look at each situation carefully before just deciding one approach fits all.

I don't deny or retract the things I pointed out, but there is a matter of degree or frequency some things are relevant and how often they would get noticed in real life. We have to be careful because pictures stop time, and taking snapshots from a video inherently make one or two frames or a quick glimpse - turn into minutes or hours of something. So a snapshot of the worst frames out of video footage effectively amplify what those frames are, and in that case I felt very bad for seemingly having amplified the worst. So all I could do was add a few positive contextual examples and move on.

So back to what this thread is supposed to be about - I think a lot of us are getting burnt out on tangents and distractions so I have a Cybertruck related topic I may post tomorrow or this weekend, that hopefully will be perceived as more relative, positive, and supportive for the Cybertruck going forward. More information tomorrow as it's getting pretty late right now.

- ÆCIII
A little late, but I posted something ...

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/racks-at-sunrise.8476/post-151738

- ÆCIII

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I don't remember having any direct arguments with you. Since inflation blew up I didn't have much doubt the price would go up. Now I'm just thinking it is WAY higher than I initially anticipated. Time will tell..

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
How many mid-engine sports cars have a big schnoz. Good point. I've been saying EV's need to take advantage of the fact there's not much under the hood, for years.

LyleC

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Discovery 2, Tesla MIC Model 3.
Country flag
The worrying thing about the production changes is that the front bumper and the rear diaper/aero plate are lower than the prototype, so less off road friendly.
The approach and departure angle have suffered I fear.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
It is quite fascinating, there is a noticeable change in visual appearance but no glaringly obvious change in design.
It’s also like a Rorschach test around here :ROFLMAO:

agreed RE the front quarter panels and the pitch increase relating to some length-shortening. not at all to suggest it won’t be as long as an F150, but instead that the on-stage prototype seems to have been pretty big, including long. but in any shortening, the peak height would be somewhat constrained for reasons of ergonomics (headroom).

meanwhile and compounding, the on stage prototype appears to have had straight lines, while the prepro has subtle curves - meaning the nose ‘dips’ down ever so slightly

add together several such subtle angle or proportion changes, and the end result isn’t necessarily that the front is at all more stubby in gross dimensions, but instead visually appears more stubby

this is what designers do. sometimes within confines of engineering/regulatory/functional requirements.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The worrying thing about the production changes is that the front bumper and the rear diaper/aero plate are lower than the prototype, so less off road friendly.
The approach and departure angle have suffered I fear.
trade-offs have been made (eg aero or turning radius) or required (eg bumper laws)

but if someone is so unconcerned with aero/range compared with interested in offroad capability, I suppose they go aftermarket

in terms of mass appeal and stats, I suspect eg aero/range, and safery ratings, ultimately we’re the correct choice vs approach/departure

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
True, hearing him tell the story in person was the best. He didn't even feel tired when he arrived in New York the next day. I don't think I could ride all day, through the night and into the next day. Crossing the continent in one fell swoop, quite the ride!
No kidding. I was seeing stars just trying to get to Oklahoma from San Francisco.

Though I have gone from LA to Portland, or SF to Vancouver BC, or Santa Cruz to Newport OR each in a night.

I don't remember having any direct arguments with you. Since inflation blew up I didn't have much doubt the price would go up. Now I'm just thinking it is WAY higher than I initially anticipated. Time will tell..
Time will tell, but Elon said, 'It has to be affordable.'

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No kidding. I was seeing stars just trying to get to Oklahoma from San Francisco.

Though I have gone from LA to Portland, or SF to Vancouver BC, or Santa Cruz to Newport OR each in a night.

Time will tell, but Elon said, 'It has to be affordable.'

-Crissa
yes, but is that "his affordable" or ours....

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes, but is that "his affordable" or ours....
Gimme a break. Elon may be wealthy, but he's not stupid. He actually knows what it's like to not have any money. He's speaking towards the new auto market which is very sensitive to price. He knows that the lower the price, the bigger the potential market. He gets it.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Gimme a break. Elon may be wealthy, but he's not stupid. He actually knows what it's like to not have any money. He's speaking towards the new auto market which is very sensitive to price. He knows that the lower the price, the bigger the potential market. He gets it.
will see......hope you are right.....but the proof is in the pudding (final pricing and design)
Sponsored