Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I wonder if you put low profile high grip tires and ran the cybertruck on its lowest suspension settings what it's high speed maneuverability is like. Will we see people using the rack mount points to put big downforce wings on Cybertrucks? What about aero skirts and a splitter air damn at the front?

Not my thing but I could see it happening!

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I would think the wings are meant to provide downward force for traction and grip, but with EVs there is already an inherent downward pressure due to increased weight, as well as the overall center of gravity being lower with the battery pack which results in better handling in curves. With these factors I wonder how much extra benefit that wings would provide, or if they'd even be necessary at all.

- ÆCIII

Wolfgram

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
I must have just missed him… 🤣🤣

Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk drives Cybertruck to F1 race at Circuit of the Americas (Austin, TX) -- updated w/ video IMG_3407

ZillaVilla

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I would think the wings are meant to provide downward force for traction and grip, but with EVs there is already an inherent downward pressure due to increased weight, as well as the overall center of gravity being lower with the battery pack which results in better handling in curves. With these factors I wonder how much extra benefit that wings would provide, or if they'd even be necessary at all.

- ÆCIII
The weight is also centrifugal force in the corners (mass you're changing the direction of) whereas wings create additional downforce without adding as much mass.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag

- ÆCIII
I believe it would still provide some rather large benefits as most EV's have far more torque than the tire traction can handle and are constantly under traction control to prevent the tires from breaking loose. Keep in mind that the traction control software has to have parameters and data to be able to understand the additional downforce and sticky tires profile that would be generated otherwise there can be an artificial cap on how much all the mods will improve the situation.

In fact some of the really crazy EV supercars have huge fans that suck the car to the ground to generate more downforce at low speeds to achieve disgusting launches without liquifying the tires.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
The weight is also centrifugal force in the corners (mass you're changing the direction of) whereas wings create additional downforce without adding as much mass.
Very good and succinctly illustrated point.

- ÆCIII

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
I wonder if you put low profile high grip tires and ran the cybertruck on its lowest suspension settings what it's high speed maneuverability is like. Will we see people using the rack mount points to put big downforce wings on Cybertrucks? What about aero skirts and a splitter air damn at the front?

Not my thing but I could see it happening!
I'm here for it