Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3 LR AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Since the mirrors are removable third part replacements should become available. Some people will want large mirrors and don't care about highway efficiency.
I am sincerely hoping the multiple camera set up makes the mirrors unnecessary. Then I can drive without until I get pulled over,. Keep them handy to put back on at the request of law enforcement
Sponsored

StarmanM3

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3 LR AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That setup almost confirms for me there is no light bar at the top of the windshield. The setup is all about the profile of the truck with the trucks lighting as the focus. Only reason to not turn the upper bar lights on in that situation is if they don't exist.
Should be an easy aftermarket purchase.
but @$100,000 for a quad motor I would expect all the bells and whistles

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
What happened to the 4-wheel Steering? In the clip, that prototype's rear wheels never twitch from straight ahead... but making that corner would have been much easier with 4WS
The Beta trucks may or may not have features. That truck doesn't even have full tail lights! Also, the rear steering probably doesn't kick in until the end of the steering range, so it turns like any other truck until then.

That setup almost confirms for me there is no light bar at the top of the windshield. The setup is all about the profile of the truck with the trucks lighting as the focus. Only reason to not turn the upper bar lights on in that situation is if they don't exist.
Just because something is in this model doesn't mean it can't be in the production - this isn't a production intent unit. It doesn't even have full working light bar in the rear, or the wheel covers. Who knows what else it doesn't have?

-Crissa

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Just more unsubstantiated hype.
maybe they get 10,000 made by the end of the year.
then 150,000 in 2024.
how many will be made before the build gets sloppy?
disclaimer: I ordered my Tri Motor 10 minutes into the reveal, Nov. 2019.
tired of the BS
Nobody should have to put up with as much BS as you have. Show yourself some respect and just cancel that order and get your deposit back! Show Tesla who's boss here!

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
Does anybody know where this is in Palo Alto? Was this the old HP HQ? I wanna drive down to get better pics and snoop lol
Yes, old HP HQ on Page Mill Road. Driving down 280 is easiest.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Actually thinking about bugs and the windscreen some more, I think the low angle might help a bit with bug splatter, in that if there is a bit of air flow some bugs might just bounce off instead. Generally the more aerodynamic a vehicle is the longer the bug splatter is.

It would be good to have something more substantial to deflect bugs, maybe some sort of controlled air jets to deflect them would work. But probably simpler would be a super smooth glass surface, or a hydrophobic surface would work as well.
'Super Smooth Glass'
Coming right up Sir!

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
But probably simpler would be a super smooth glass surface, or a hydrophobic surface would work as well.
Toyota, and I think Lexus, have done this. I think it was the 2010 Prius had an OEM hydrophobic coating on only the front drivers and passenger door windows, on the top trim level. They only did side windows though because the coating wears off the front windshield because of the wipers amongst other factors to a lesser degree I’m sure.

Best to do is just apply some good glass coating, there are newer ceramic glass coatings (and graphene ones too though graphene coatings are still kinda a buzz word IMO), keep the windshield maintained with a good car soap while washing the vehicle and reapply the coating every X months whe one sees the beading properties waning.

Rain X works great but there are newer longer lasting coatings available, even at the consumer level. Though I will say, none bead as good as Rain X even when freshly applied.