Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
Rest a sure Tesla engineer will solve all the safety functions and features. Look at all the 5-tars crash test Tesla earned for MX,MS & M3. It all good.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Saskateam

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I am not sure what will be done for the center seat airbag with the center display. Not something to worry about in the model 3. I would think that an airbag would be included for the center seat however any pictures I see of the interior I cannot tell what will be there.

CT4FP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck DM
Country flag
Hello, I have been asking Elon Musk to make a cyber VAN version of the cyber truck. It appears that this exoskeleton would pose challenges.
I'd imagine they would start with clean sheet for van design. Biggest challenges, I think, would be having a side cargo door with an exoskeleton and aerodynamics for highway travel. A van for intracity use with only a back cargo door probably wouldn't be too difficult.

GeoffreyHodies

First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance Model 3, Honda Accord, Honda Fit
Occupation
Landlord doctor RE Broker
Country flag
I'd imagine they would start with clean sheet for van design. Biggest challenges, I think, would be having a side cargo door with an exoskeleton and aerodynamics for highway travel. A van for intracity use with only a back cargo door probably wouldn't be too difficult.
Yeah having a flat back end of a car increases drag,,,a lot. You have a good point about making a Side door. I hope they can incorporate that into future #cyberVan designs.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I am not sure what will be done for the center seat airbag with the center display. Not something to worry about in the model 3. I would think that an airbag would be included for the center seat however any pictures I see of the interior I cannot tell what will be there.
IMO just like every other split bench truck there are only air bags for the driver and a single passenger, nothing in the center

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Which is why you insist your mother-in-law sit right next to you in the middle seat.
Maybe middle seat in the back row. But she sure as hell ain't sitting next to me while I'm Driving!

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
What is your snowplow currently attached to? Just curious
could you and whatzit go take the snowplow outside. And I promise to not change the topic of the OLD snow plow thread to an analysis of the cybertruck EXOSKELETON.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Maybe middle seat in the back row. But she sure as hell ain't sitting next to me while I'm Driving!
My mind already went there and further.... You sit her right next to you. Once everyone is buckled in, and she starts opening her mouth, You calmly explain the biggest safety deficiency of the vehicle,
"You know Dear Mother, This is a super safe vehicle. There is only one flaw. IF the driver is somehow annoyed or agitated and thus has an accident the structural exoskeleton will protect everyone from the outside forces, while the airbags will encapsulate and buffer the driver and the person sitting in the real passenger seat with exemplary performance."

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Occupant safety will be a high priority just like the other Tesla models. I expect it will earn the highest crash ratings by the government and will be the safest pickup on the road.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Hello,

Has it been said what type of cold-rolled stainless steel finishes will be used?
Can someone ask Elon... lol

Some possible Examples of Materials finishes:

DIN DesignationASTM EquivalentDescription
2BNo. 2BCold rolled, heat-treated, pickled, and skin passed. Smooth surface.
2DNo. 2DCold rolled, heat-treated, and pickled. Smooth surface.
2HTRWork hardened. Cold worked for higher strength. Bright surface.
2RBACold rolled, bright annealed, and skin passed. Smooth, bright, and reflective surface.
2QCold rolled, hardened, and tempered. Scale-free surface.
Sponsored

Last edited: