Exoskeleton, Gigagasting, and The Limiting Factor

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
The frame of my Jeep is approx 200 lbs (I tore it down to the frame for a rebuild)

I would estimate the box frame of an F-150 at about 400lbs. Yes they aren't light.
Sponsored

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
If Jordan is close to correct about CT's curb weight, that is astonishing!! According to this video and extrapolating weight from Model Y and 4680, he's estimated over 7,800lbs @ 200kWh (for Tri-Motor 500+ mi range variant).

Tesla Cybertruck Exoskeleton, Gigagasting, and The Limiting Factor 1647549676386

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
It’s funny, the examples they had in Berlin had those cooling fins between cells, but the “leaked” packs Jordon showed in one of his recent videos does not. And Jordon seems to assume they will be cooled from below. Essentially his “version” shows what looks like a foam mat with hundreds of holes in it that the cells slot into.

I noticed those fins right off when I saw the Berlin photos and thought they‘d given up on cooling from the bottom. But I’ve heard elsewhere that the 4680 with fin design they put in Berlin was not based on the final.

It will be interesting to see how it comes out.
I think what they showed at Berlin were the different prototypes of the structural pack? Just my opinion. If I remember correctly, they actually had several different packs at the Berlin 'fair'.

It will be interesting to see what they show off at the Austin event.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think what they showed at Berlin were the different prototypes of the structural pack? Just my opinion. If I remember correctly, they actually had several different packs at the Berlin 'fair'.

It will be interesting to see what they show off at the Austin event.
I kind of think what they showed in Berlin was whatever they had from their labs or recycle bins that is broken but can be made to look cool.

They probably just unleash 20 creative interns on a pile of leftovers.
Sponsored