F150 Lightning Prices leaked . CyberTruck pricing seems much more competitive now

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
As a comparison, Ford sold about as many original Model A as Tesla did Roadsters in the first two years.

Ford took about five years to get to half a million cars sold after launching the Model T. Tesla took three years.

Production hell hit the Model T line really hard! And Ford didn't have to advertise for nearly a decade once the Model T was selling half a million a year. Remind you about Tesla?

Anyhow... Those were cars that were really different in their time. And that's how this is today, pushing forward the competition. If Tesla could make as many as they could sell...

-Crissa
The true star of the show was not the model T. The true star, was what demand created.
it was the innovation of the moving Assembly line. It reduce the time from 12 hours to build a vehicle to 1 1/2 hours. Wow.
that’s pretty awesome.
Sponsored

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
as you can tell, I really, really ,really, REALLY, want my Cybertruck now?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Another issue I have, last time I checked you still couldn't put a sheet of plywood in the bed of an F150, at least laying it flat.
You should be able to with 2 inch clearance on the side of the sheet, tho it will stick out the back (but it would in a Cybertruck, too)

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The true star of the show was not the model T. The true star, was what demand created.
it was the innovation of the moving Assembly line. It reduce the time from 12 hours to build a vehicle to 1 1/2 hours. Wow.
that’s pretty awesome.
Well, Tesla is doing similar with their automation.

They're doing this one thing where for the humans, they set out the parts on trays for each car, with each piece in orientation to the other, so nothing gets missed. Using augmented reality to light up the steps of the install, like having the instructions printed on the car.

-Crissa

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, Tesla is doing similar with their automation.

They're doing this one thing where for the humans, they set out the parts on trays for each car, with each piece in orientation to the other, so nothing gets missed. Using augmented reality to light up the steps of the install, like having the instructions printed on the car.

-Crissa
Thank you for
Sharing with me and I was, in my crazy brain way, trying to express that Tesla is there as well, but in the future?. Automation?.
There is another genius move by Elon though right? Having NO PAINT. True? Holy SMOKES!! That’s flipn rad as hell. Smart! SS Cybertruck. Lol love it!! Just plain smart. This will definitely help with production I’m guessing.
Im no “numbers guy” and reading through this forum has been really fun and interesting and welcoming for sure. I hope this helps me get mine sooner rather than later. I’d like to think since mine went through on the 7th day that it had some greater significance. ??

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
F150 doesn't supercharge. That alone rules it out for me, otherwise I would consider it.
Chatting with some guys on another forum and they are all in love with the F150. I don’t think they understand what the implications of taking 45 minutes to recharge 150 miles is. The double whammy of short range and slow charging driving more than 2 hours involves stopping for an hour. Every 2 hours after that you stop for another 45 minutes. You are stopped almost a third of your travel time if your chargers are well spaced.

No wonder Ford emphasizes all the other things having a massive battery enables.

That 230 mile range is going to be fine for a lot of work trucks, but I suspect we’re going to see a fair number of the early ones go up on the market pretty quick as folks buy them not understanding they won’t be able to take their F150 to the lake for the weekend.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Having NO PAINT. True? Holy SMOKES!! That’s flipn rad as hell. Smart! SS Cybertruck. Lol love it!! Just plain smart. This will definitely help with production I’m guessing.
I’ve heard estimates that they save half a billion (with a $B) by not having a paint shop on their assembly line.

Personally, the lack of paint is a feature for me. Where I’m taking my truck will almost certainly involve lots of mountain road pin striping. Not having to worry about paint on a new truck will be a godsend.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
OP
OP
DallasCyberTruck

DallasCyberTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TOYOTA TUNDRA
Country flag
Sorry if this is already posted somewhere. It is trim comparison. I am surprised steering-wheel is standard ;) I do however like that dual motor is standard in the lowest trim. If max towing package was standard too, with $12K tax rebate, I could live with the pro while waiting for CT.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2022/f-150-lightning/pdf/F-150_Lightning_Tech_Specs.pdf
Funny, that is exactly what I was planning on doing. Get a base trim F150 while I’m waiting in line for the CT. One thing for sure the resale value on the F150 should still be high When it’s time to sell it.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Sorry if this is already posted somewhere. It is trim comparison. I am surprised steering-wheel is standard ;) I do however like that dual motor is standard in the lowest trim. If max towing package was standard too, with $12K tax rebate, I could live with the pro while waiting for CT.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2022/f-150-lightning/pdf/F-150_Lightning_Tech_Specs.pdf

To get the max tow package you need to upgrade to the 300mi battery.

The base Lightning Pro with 230mi battery is available to retail customers.

Ford has said that the base Lightning Pro with 300mi battery is NOT going to be sold to retail customers. If retail customers want 300mi battery they will have to buy the much more expensive XL 230mi trim level & add upgrade to 300mi battery option & add max tow pack.

So retail customers will not be able to get $39K base Lightning Pro with max towing package.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
I really have no interest in the f150. My '73 gmc will get me by until the CT.

Jim Polkowski

First Name
Jim P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Country flag
I will wait patiently as well. The CT is everything I have ever wanted in a truck! I placed order on 6th day and if I’m not mistaken, order went through on the 7th. So, I’m back a ways, but am very happy with my place. We just moved into a new home and we have big plans for solar. So, I think it will work out well for us and am very ready if I even got a call today to say “ configure please” lol. There is NOT one single Truck on the market that I would consider! Not one. I don’t care about having the first Electric truck. Not at all. I care about having the best electric truck ever made! I feel we have more surprises coming to us in the near future.
And at what price? It will be at least $10,000 more and maybe $15,000. Will Ford come up with better pricing for the same range?
Sponsored