First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
Anyone on the forum get an e-mail?

I know that I've read a number of you have been tossing around the idea. Might be worth a call to see what kind of deal you can make?

Some of the lease toward paying the CT, make sure the lease ends when you take delivery of CT, etc.

Would be curious what the community finds out?

Article:

Tesla (TSLA) turns to Cybertruck reservation holders in end-of-year delivery push

https://electrek.co/2020/12/01/tesla-tsla-turns-cybertruck-reservation-holders-delivery-push/

December 1, 2020

Tesla (TSLA) is trying to convince Cybertruck reservation holders to lease new Tesla vehicles now amid an important end-of-year delivery push.

When Tesla unveiled the Cybertruck last year, the automaker started taking reservations with $100 deposits.

The highly-anticipated electric pickup truck had a polarizing design, but Tesla still managed to accumulate over 650,000 reservations, according to the latest tally.

Now Tesla is in the middle of its end-of-year delivery push as it aims to deliver a record number of vehicles this quarter to achieve 500,000 deliveries in 2020.

The automaker needs to deliver over 181,000 vehicles this quarter in order to achieve this goal. That’s more than 40,000 vehicles over its last quarterly delivery record.

Now we’ve learned that Tesla is using its large pool of Cybertruck reservation holders to help with deliveries by trying to convince them to lease a new Tesla while they wait for the electric pickup truck.

Several Cybertruck reservation holders have reached out to Electrek after receiving emails similar to this one from Tesla:

I saw you have a Cybertruck reservation with us, so I wanted to give a courtesy update and provide myself as a resource.
The single motor configuration is currently scheduled to begin production in late 2022 with delivery projected to take place in early 2023.
The dual and tri-motor configurations are currently scheduled to begin production in late 2021 with delivery projected to take place in early 2022.
In the meantime, a lot of Cybertruck reservation holders have been doing 24-36 month leases on our current vehicles to bridge the gap and experience Tesla ownership!
We are currently offering a $1,500 California Clean Fuel Reward eligible for California residents registering their car in-state on top of other California state incentives that you could apply before the end of the year.

If you are interested in securing pricing on our current S3XY models, please respond ‘Yes’ and I will be happy to give you a call.
Furthermore, Tesla appears to have delayed the timeline of deliveries for the Cybertruck since people have previously associated the start of production in late 2021 with the start of deliveries, but these emails appear to point to deliveries not starting until 2022.

Electrek’s Take
This is not too surprising. Tesla has a giant pool of emails from people who are clearly at least interested in electric vehicles.

It makes sense to try to push them to go electric early, especially with the kind of volume that Tesla aims to achieve this quarter.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Model S 70D, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss, .....
Country flag
As someone who is a bit late to the EV game and does not own a Tesla, i'd LOVE to be able to lease a Model 3 or Y until i can get my Cybertruck; However, i'd want the lease term to end the day i take delivery of my Cybertruck.

Last edited:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I wonder, I am roughly 4,100 in line according to the tracker spreadsheet, do you think they sent this email to people who have higher reservation numbers? I have yet to receive an email. And I do get emails from Tesla, I got one on 11-27 about test drives at NASA space center here in Houston.

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
" We are currently offering a $1,500 California Clean Fuel Reward eligible for California residents registering their car in-state on top of other California state incentives that you could apply before the end of the year. "

Sounds to me like the push is focused on California.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

I know that I've read a number of you have been tossing around the idea. Might be worth a call to see what kind of deal you can make?

Some of the lease toward paying the CT, make sure the lease ends when you take delivery of CT, etc.

Article:

Tesla (TSLA) turns to Cybertruck reservation holders in end-of-year delivery push

https://electrek.co/2020/12/01/tesla-tsla-turns-cybertruck-reservation-holders-delivery-push/

December 1, 2020

Tesla (TSLA) is trying to convince Cybertruck reservation holders to lease new Tesla vehicles now amid an important end-of-year delivery push.

When Tesla unveiled the Cybertruck last year, the automaker started taking reservations with $100 deposits.

The highly-anticipated electric pickup truck had a polarizing design, but Tesla still managed to accumulate over 650,000 reservations, according to the latest tally.

Now Tesla is in the middle of its end-of-year delivery push as it aims to deliver a record number of vehicles this quarter to achieve 500,000 deliveries in 2020.

The automaker needs to deliver over 181,000 vehicles this quarter in order to achieve this goal. That’s more than 40,000 vehicles over its last quarterly delivery record.

Now we’ve learned that Tesla is using its large pool of Cybertruck reservation holders to help with deliveries by trying to convince them to lease a new Tesla while they wait for the electric pickup truck.

Several Cybertruck reservation holders have reached out to Electrek after receiving emails similar to this one from Tesla:

I saw you have a Cybertruck reservation with us, so I wanted to give a courtesy update and provide myself as a resource.
The single motor configuration is currently scheduled to begin production in late 2022 with delivery projected to take place in early 2023.
The dual and tri-motor configurations are currently scheduled to begin production in late 2021 with delivery projected to take place in early 2022.
In the meantime, a lot of Cybertruck reservation holders have been doing 24-36 month leases on our current vehicles to bridge the gap and experience Tesla ownership!
We are currently offering a $1,500 California Clean Fuel Reward eligible for California residents registering their car in-state on top of other California state incentives that you could apply before the end of the year.

If you are interested in securing pricing on our current S3XY models, please respond ‘Yes’ and I will be happy to give you a call.
Furthermore, Tesla appears to have delayed the timeline of deliveries for the Cybertruck since people have previously associated the start of production in late 2021 with the start of deliveries, but these emails appear to point to deliveries not starting until 2022.

Electrek’s Take
This is not too surprising. Tesla has a giant pool of emails from people who are clearly at least interested in electric vehicles.

It makes sense to try to push them to go electric early, especially with the kind of volume that Tesla aims to achieve this quarter.
I didn’t get a mail from Tesla.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I wonder, I am roughly 4,100 in line according to the tracker spreadsheet, do you think they sent this email to people who have higher reservation numbers? I have yet to receive an email. And I do get emails from Tesla, I got one on 11-27 about test drives at NASA space center here in Houston.
I don’t often get mails from Tesla and sometimes wonder if they have forgotten me. My number is pretty high (250K, corrected to 80K) and no email.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I don’t often get mails from Tesla and sometimes wonder if they have forgotten me. My number is pretty high (250K, corrected to 80K) and no email.
I also took a Model Y test drive a couple months back so you’d think they would keep track of that. In fact, we are on the fence about a Y so if Tesla came up with an interesting incentive we might swing.

Youaregoldone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag

Article:

December 1, 2020

Electrek’s Take

FAKE NEWS from dealer!!! If this message was from corporate, why is it only valid for the state of California?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
FAKE NEWS from dealer!!! If this message was from corporate, why is it only valid for the state of California?
I didn't get a letter but I did get a call from the local Tesla sales guy working at the closest Tesla showroom. Mentioned it here.

Scot Braley

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97' chevy 4x4 and a 2015 ford fusion hybrid
Occupation
cabinet maker / handyman
Country flag
I would love to try a model 3 but I can't swing the lease and still save for my CT.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
bought m3p last dec to bridge the wait...so. worth it if want to test the EV Waters and can swing. it!!

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag

Article:

December 1, 2020

Electrek’s Take

I placed my order for a Tri-Motor in early December 2019. I have not gotten any emails related to leasing, so can I assume that I may be able to take delivery in early 2022? Time will tell.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
The stock price is about to get hammered.
I spiked the crap out of it and have already made more in terms of returns than any fair person deserves to.

that being said if you’re not comfortable holding for 4-8 years at this point I’d recommend dumping it
Sponsored