Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Looks like the rear departure angle may suffer with this add-on, though probably not an issue for most
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cybertruck 1974

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
Looks like the rear departure angle may suffer with this add-on, though probably not an issue for most
LOL. you can raise and lower the truck. Also the hitch mount for tire is on my build 2 inches higher than stock.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
For the rest of us, pavement prince, that's a lot of tow's for a grand.
Dang! I like to think of it in terms of how many gummy worm tire plugs I could get for $2K. Even once I buy a super nice tire air compressor. Kind of makes light of the idea that Tesla's $550 air compressor costs too much.

My F-150 has a spare under the bed, forward of the tailgate. It's been down there 14 years and I've never used it. When the truck was new, I used to keep it aired up. But then I realized I'll never use it and stopped maintaining it. 14 years later I've never used it. Never needed the tire plugs I carry either. But I would much rather have plugs that I'll never use than an entire tire/wheel assembly. When I buy new tires, I only buy 4 and never think of replacing the spare too.

I think people who think they need a spare, in an age of cheap and widely available tire plugs, to be irrational. To have a false sense of security. It makes me wonder if they think carrying two spares would be overkill (or how many spares one needs to feel safe).

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
Looks like the perfect match for an aftermarket rear view camera / mirror combo.

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
Probably not going to win any beauty contests with it, unless you are competing with an AMC Gremlin or Pacer, but definitely very practical....besides the no rear vision minor issue.

cyberstank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
looks pretty awesome, would be great with the table add-on for camping

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
OP
OP
Cybertruck 1974

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
Dang! I like to think of it in terms of how many gummy worm tire plugs I could get for $2K. Even once I buy a super nice tire air compressor. Kind of makes light of the idea that Tesla's $550 air compressor costs too much.

My F-150 has a spare under the bed, forward of the tailgate. It's been down there 14 years and I've never used it. When the truck was new, I used to keep it aired up. But then I realized I'll never use it and stopped maintaining it. 14 years later I've never used it. Never needed the tire plugs I carry either. But I would much rather have plugs that I'll never use than an entire tire/wheel assembly. When I buy new tires, I only buy 4 and never think of replacing the spare too.

I think people who think they need a spare, in an age of cheap and widely available tire plugs, to be irrational. To have a false sense of security. It makes me wonder if they think carrying two spares would be overkill (or how many spares one needs to feel safe).
Wow, good for you. As for me. I off road and drive 30k miles a year and go through a tire a year. Plugs would never work in any of my flats. So again, good. For. You.
Sponsored