Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
We know the length (under 19‘) but I am very curious about the exact body width of the Cybertruck.
3 pages so far and I'm surprised no one else has commented on this. Like how do we know they are towing a trailer? It could be a farming hoe. It could be nothing. It could be an RV trailer. It could be a unicorn.
Dang, we don't know anything.
How do we know the length is under 19’? As I heard it, the comment was that if fits in a 20’ garage. If so 19’11” fits in a 20’ garage.

How do we know that’s a light bar? You’ve been given the suggestion it could logically be something else. And the light bar isn’t logical.

Ty is right, we really DON’T know anything…
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Probably.

Just woulda been a cooler pic with the trailer lol

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
How do we know the length is under 19’? As I heard it, the comment was that if fits in a 20’ garage. If so 19’11” fits in a 20’ garage.
P, playing “fact police” like this is a bit … if you’re not going to keep up with the easily known ‘facts’

Tesla Cybertruck First Cybertruck towing pic with trailer attached + light bar on front bumper 54B4442C-D49F-4D65-AF30-49A201C6B0EC

PS: Tesla showing their butt a bit here by not knowing there are/have been plenty of trucks that satisfy <19’ + 4dr + 6’ bed

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
oh I agree they could have added one or more additional qualifiers that would have made the statement factually if not nominally true

just pointing out that absent something more, it was a poor outcome!

EasternSP

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Seems like the aftermarket guys know more about this truck than the future owners.

speach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS P100D, Escalade, Acura MDX, Focus ST, PriusC
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Well, they (Tesla) literally say that it is a “sub 19 ft truck.” Do you believe the author (Tesla) does not know the difference between <20 ft and <19 ft? Is this not clear indication Tesla is saying it will be <19 ft?

PS: Tesla showing their butt a bit here by not knowing there are/have been plenty of trucks that satisfy <19’ + 4dr + 6’ bed
I do think “full-size” doors is implied here. Without adding any other words, can you cite an example of a sub 19 ft with four [full size] doors and a 6’+ bed? If not, I’d say they may not be the ones showing their butt (yet).

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I do think “full-size” doors is implied here. Without adding any other words, can you cite an example of a sub 19 ft with four [full size] doors and a 6’+ bed? If not, I’d say they may not be the ones showing their butt (yet).
to say nothing of reading “full sized” into the text/comments, where it doesn’t exist (which was the extent of the point):

if you want to equivocate on what *you* think “full-sized” doors means to you?

because it seems to me collectively, Tesla’s comments are essentially saying that the CT size will exist somewhere between a full sized and a midsize truck, based on traditional categories. Which put differently, means they are signaling that the CT will not exactly fit into traditional categories.

After all, that is the point of saying that it is shorter than 19 feet with a 6 foot bed and four doors. It is uniquely sized in the market.

Tesla Cybertruck First Cybertruck towing pic with trailer attached + light bar on front bumper 4FD4EA69-5C3F-43B5-AF10-B1BC68F67117
Sponsored