Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Can anyone verify if we have an estimated height for the top of the tailgate, using the bottom of the SC light panel as a point of reference? Seems to be similar or very close to that of other full-sized pick-ups.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Don't think I've seen a pic of the Cybertruck charging before. This was at a Giga Texas supercharger.

From DrivesteslaCA

Tesla Cybertruck supercharging2.jpeg

Tesla Cybertruck supercharging1.jpeg
https://images.app.goo.gl/uGdbEBTMS7GwHbX76

Using this schematic found on Google, it would seem that tailgate top lines up closely with the base to bottom of charging handle when stored in the cradle. This dimension is listed as 42 and 1/32". I would guess its slightly higher than that at around 44-45" from ground to top of tailgate.

The base of the cabinet to the upper ventilated slot section is 69.94", and to the top of the cabinet is 89.5". So it would appear (given the angle of camera is close to straight on) the top of the CT is somewhere around 72-78" high.

But its really still just guess work as the height of the camera is going to throw this perspective guess off.

I just went out and measured my ridgeline tailgate top to ground and it was 50". So unless the slope of the bed back to the tailgate goes down really low, this measurement seems under estimated on the CT.

And also, I just noticed the super charger is mounted on a raised curb that is who knows how high. So this could account for why my initial guesstimate of 45" was too low. If we assume the standard curb height, then the tailgate top is somewhere around 51" high.

Attachments

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Interesting to see where the dirt collects in higher concentrations.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Take this as a massive grain of salt as I think there are just too many variables to getting this accurate, but wanted to see what the measurements would be approximately from the joe rogan photo posted earlier.

51" tailgate height is 60.95" to the cab wall?? Maybe? hah.

and 51.4" to the roof overhang where the vault comes out.

So thats only a 5 foot bed in this completely inaccurate measurement using two random photos online to make wild guesses on multiple variables! :ROFLMAO:

Tesla Cybertruck First pic of Cybertruck charging (@ Giga Texas supercharger) ct bed length

Tesla Cybertruck First pic of Cybertruck charging (@ Giga Texas supercharger) ct bed length-measure

Oh man the lack of specific details really leaves space for alien conspiracies and the like! I'm just throwing fuel in the fire.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Based on the cable thickness; evident stiffness of the cable, and the amount of dust attracted by the static charge, I’m pretty sure it’s capable of sucking down the full 324kW for the full charge time.

I think I need a breathalyzer on my keyboard.

batufrommongolia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw m235i
Country flag
Can anyone verify if we have an estimated height for the top of the tailgate, using the bottom of the SC light panel as a point of reference? Seems to be similar or very close to that of other full-sized pick-ups.
about same height of tire
2.5 times of tires size of total height IMO

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Raptor, 20XX Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Since we are doing measurements, I've also noticed the width.... because of the presence of the 3 yellow marker lights in the middle of both the headlights (Under hood light bar) and rear tail light bar; the truck will be 80+ inches in width. Think Ford Raptor width.
Tesla Cybertruck First pic of Cybertruck charging (@ Giga Texas supercharger) bottom lights marker

Tesla Cybertruck First pic of Cybertruck charging (@ Giga Texas supercharger) real marker lights

Tesla Cybertruck First pic of Cybertruck charging (@ Giga Texas supercharger) Top lights marker

(You can barely see the yellow marker lights in the top light bar but they are there)

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Take this as a massive grain of salt as I think there are just too many variables to getting this accurate, but wanted to see what the measurements would be approximately from the joe rogan photo posted earlier.

51" tailgate height is 60.95" to the cab wall?? Maybe? hah.

and 51.4" to the roof overhang where the vault comes out.

So thats only a 5 foot bed in this completely inaccurate measurement using two random photos online to make wild guesses on multiple variables! :ROFLMAO:

ct bed length.jpg

ct bed length-measure.jpg

Oh man the lack of specific details really leaves space for alien conspiracies and the like! I'm just throwing fuel in the fire.
There is probably a little measuring unit foreshortening from left to right. I'm still saying that's 5 1/2 feet.

I'm not even concerned about daydreaming the CT can be however it ends up the only real deal breakers would be a >$100K price tag or an absurd size. So whatever it is, it is and it'll still be built before anything else I can get.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Since we are doing measurements, I've also noticed the width.... because of the presence of the 3 yellow marker lights in the middle of both the headlights (Under hood light bar) and rear tail light bar; the truck will be 80+ inches in width. Think Ford Raptor width.
(You can barely see the yellow marker lights in the top light bar but they are there)
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...ybertruck-size-guess-how-big-will-it-be.4683/

We have a thread on size guesses. Yeah, it may be at least 81".

NoBeard

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 X75D, 2012 iMiev, Dual Motor CT Reservation
Country flag
Really Really Really Really hope they offer an option to have a secondary charging port in the front or else trailer towing will continue to be a nightmare. Trust me, in the middle of the winter at -20 with the wind howling, hopping out to disconnect the trailer is NOT FUN.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Really Really Really Really hope they offer an option to have a secondary charging port in the front or else trailer towing will continue to be a nightmare. Trust me, in the middle of the winter at -20 with the wind howling, hopping out to disconnect the trailer is NOT FUN.
I'm hoping it is addressed the same way gas stations address it. Make the charging stations pull thru.
Sponsored