Folding rear seats, other interior features?

Will 1st gen CT rear seats fold up, down, or not at all?

• Total voters

Bill906

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Does the tonneau rollup or does it just slide fully under the bed, still flat?
I believe it rolls up. I thought I saw somewhere that showed the box that it rolls up into is just behind the battery, but I cannot find that anywhere, so either it disappeared or I'm going crazy. (There is evidence that favors the latter).

flamaest

First Name
Fabian
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I believe it rolls up. I thought I saw somewhere that showed the box that it rolls up into is just behind the battery, but I cannot find that anywhere, so either it disappeared or I'm going crazy. (There is evidence that favors the latter).
I think so too... having said that, I think just sliding it fully under the bed, still flat, would take up less useful space, to do more things with the design.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think so too... having said that, I think just sliding it fully under the bed, still flat, would take up less useful space, to do more things with the design.
It would be structurally dubious.

There's a video of one of the drivers from release night saying it's under/behind the back seat. Basically where the 'gear tunnel' is in a Rivian.

-Crissa

NWMike

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-350
Occupation
Correctional officer
Country flag
I don't think the seat will fold, because the rolled-up vault cover has to go somewhere.

The obvious place to put it is under the rear seat.
I believe you can see in the photo of the bed of the truck at three rear wall. The wall jogs out and is not straight. That is the vault cover. I'm guessing this. But it does look like a perfect spot. That would be behind the seat.

John K

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Tangent, rewatching the videos, the bed needs to be water tight, add air jets and water heater.

ultimate glamping in the CT hot tub.

Advertisement

Advertisement