Free Cybertruck images (exterior and interior)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Any image on Google is copyrighted, so the license terms must be determined. In fact, anything you create, such as a scribble on a napkin, is instantly copyrighted as you begin scribbling.
This is true, and I mentioned something similar above.

But it‘s enforced about as much as speed limits and with less penalty most of the time. Most likely the worst that happens is you have to pull the images down. So long as you pull any copyrighted works when asked, there is little legal recourse for image owners, particularly from casual use.

Now if you tried turning someone’s photos into a big advertising campaign without compensation, that would be a different sort of issue.

It is certainly the right thing to do to ask first though.
Sponsored

PhilEsq

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered and two MB GLC
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
This is true, and I mentioned something similar above.

But it‘s enforced about as much as speed limits and with less penalty most of the time. Most likely the worst that happens is you have to pull the images down. So long as you pull any copyrighted works when asked, there is little legal recourse for image owners, particularly from casual use.

Now if you tried turning someone’s photos into a big advertising campaign without compensation, that would be a different sort of issue.

It is certainly the right thing to do to ask first though.
Getty Images and some other companies have software that looks for images being used without a license. Then they send threatening letters. Sometimes, the image may have been licensed somewhere else and not from Getty. I represented a few clients who used images downloaded from Google. My clients never paid anything to settle but it's a pain in the neck for them. It's easier to ask permission to use the image.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Getty Images and some other companies have software that looks for images being used without a license. Then they send threatening letters. Sometimes, the image may have been licensed somewhere else and not from Getty. I represented a few clients who used images downloaded from Google. My clients never paid anything to settle but it's a pain in the neck for them. It's easier to ask permission to use the image.
Depends on what you are doing with the images. If you are bodging something together to post on Cybertruck owners club or for a one-off tweet, it’s far easier to just grab the image and use it. If you get a nasty gram from Getty, yank the image. It’s very likely Twitter or the site will yank it (though this sites policy is extremely lax with regards to copyright).

If you are making a video or some kind of derivative work which you are investing time and energy into, you would be foolish to not get permission.

I’ve found most people who produce things and put it out on social media mostly want credit. I try to link back to the source or at least call out to the source by name.
Sponsored