Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
In the 100+ year history of automobiles, never has there been so much discussion about a windshield wiper. Tesla just smashing all kinds of records.
I donā€™t quite get peopleā€™s love affair with wipers. Itā€™s a tool that does a thing. Itā€™s like complaining about the patina on my knife blades. It cuts things, thatā€™s why I have a knife.

Wipers move water and things. Thatā€™s why I want a wiper
Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag

Skilledroy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck duel motor ordered.
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Dust said "... Cancel your Reservation.... Do it Now" (presumed to be over the mega wiper) --- Yes, hope tens of thousand's Cancel; then my I might get my truck delivered before I'm dead.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
ā€˜Is he sitting in the truck with the older dude next to him? Are we getting three seat back in front? That would be cool.
no, he's standing outside the door leaning in to take a group selfie

I am more interested in his height. That is a gigantic headroom.
he's.... tiny

compare elon at 6'2" and slouching vs the son, then the son vs the father

Tesla Cybertruck Giga Windshield Wiper BAW closeup look šŸ’§ Screenshot (103)
Tesla Cybertruck Giga Windshield Wiper BAW closeup look šŸ’§ Screenshot (112)

then better seen in the video, but compare to Elon in the driver's seat / stepping out

not to suggest anything more than that the father in red cap is a slight fellow

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Do we know if the rearview mirror is going to be a dumb mirror only or be equipped with camera/display for better visibility when the vault is shut?
I'm betting it'll be both, like most (all?) the others these days.
I want it to be a virtual mirror when the tonneau is closed, but I want it to be a real mirror for anytime it has a clear view to the rear. Real mirrors have the elegant quality of allowing your eyes to stay focused to infinity while your driving. A virtual mirror will require me to put on reading glasses (I'm pretty severely old age far sighted) if I need to see details (walls, trees, sign posts, etc.) when backing.

This is also the reason I won't be removing my side view mirrors (if allowed). I sometimes will use the repeater camera views along with the side view mirrors when changing lanes, but if I only have time for one... I stick with the real mirror. I can judge distance and speed of cars approaching from the rear MUCH better with the real mirror.

The real mirrors have the benefit of being effectively much larger than they really are. By moving my head around, the actual field of view is about 4X as large as they seem.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am 5ā€˜ 7ā€. Starting to think I may look ridiculous in CT. I hope they make it available for general public close encounter accross the country once it is out.
Youā€™d only look ridiculous when standing next to the wiper. Just make a habit of exiting towards the rear of the vehicle and youā€™ll be fine.

Also, practice the phrase ā€œsize doesnā€™t matterā€. And when people say ā€œOnce you go BAW you never go backā€, give them your best fake laugh.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Just in case you want to look at birds or passing aircraft on the passengerā€˜s side on a rainy day?

It clears what you need to see in order to drive, like every other wiper on the planet it does not clear the entire windshield.
I never heard about anyone complaining because the Model X windshield wipers miss about three feet at the top of the X's "windshield". Or complaining because their sunroof doesn't have a wiper. šŸ™„

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Do we know if the rearview mirror is going to be a dumb mirror only or be equipped with camera/display for better visibility when the vault is shut?
We do not know, but originally it as just a monitor.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
BAW is fine as long as I don't see it from the driver's seat. Hopefully that A pillar blocks it enough.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I want to see this sucker in action....actually operating.......dont want to get a CT and have to intercourse around with it on the first rain day in Los Angeles