Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Electrician/inventor/retired
Country flag
i’m 70 years old, and since my first vehicle ,a motorcycle I have upgraded my headlights. I’ve gone to higher wattage bulbs to higher wattage halogens, to H IDs, and lately I’ve tried LEDs. Does anyone know what sort of lights does the cyber truck have in those tiny slits. I’m not used to working with tiny slits. On some of the new cars coming out i see 4or 5 small projector like i ‘am guessing LEDs. They look beautiful. Anybody take a picture at the Petersons museum of the headlights or have a look inside the light fixture? The older I get the more light I need. I’m sure I’m not alone.
Sponsored

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I am betting they are some from of LED, it would be unlikely there will be aftermarket replacements available (at least not in the traditional sense)

Also remember, there was a light bar above the windshield :)

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I am betting they are some from of LED, it would be unlikely there will be aftermarket replacements available (at least not in the traditional sense)

Also remember, there was a light bar above the windshield :)
... AND lighted fog lights beneath the bumper!

jperkey

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 WT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree with the first gentleman, the older I get the more light I need. So that brings up a couple of points:
Firstly, if you have driven car from the 60s or 70s, particularly a Cadillac or Lincoln you probably are familiar with corning lights. IMHO these were the greatest, flip on the turn signal and the area beside the vehicle lit up like Times Square on NYE. We have a newer Passat that has cornering lights which is merely one of the fog light coming on, very poor.
Secondly, in another thread I mentioned having a HUD with IR images being displayed. That would really help in fog or at night.
Sponsored