Snow packed headlights - Jason Cammisa

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
We are talking about in the snow, where the lower lights are frosted with snow. Not every day usage. Definitely not actual headlights.
Sponsored

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I don't think it will be a big deal. I live in Canada, I drive a Challenger, it has a similar long cave where the headlights are and snow seldom gets stuck in there. And the headlight gap is lower than the CT. Snow just doesn't really stick to the front of cars all that often, when you think of it.

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
12/3 Colorado northern mountains had a significant snow storm. Iā€™m going to pull dashcam videos of my drive over Berthoud pass (11,306 ft) on a new thread. LEDs and no vehicle waste heat is an issue for lighting, front and more so rear. Rivianā€™s recessed headlights is unfortunately a massive snow collector. Might be just a little "Rain X" is the solution in heavy snow to keep headlights clear.

Tesla Cybertruck Snow packed headlights - Jason Cammisa IMG_8902

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Although they are thin and led, they still generate heat and will melt most ice that accumulates...if it's snowing that hard you shouldn't be driving faster than 40 mph anyways. They did mention having the brightest drl too.

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
"Might be just a little "Rain X" is the solution in heavy snow to keep headlights clear."

Yet, this is a picture of taillights.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They were not recessed all that far, almost flush with the stainless.

Tesla Cybertruck Snow packed headlights - Jason Cammisa PXL_20231120_235235967_Original

(San Jose demo unit, my own photo)

The bumper, though, would be a shelf for snow to build up upon.

We'll see what happens, but I'm not much worried about it. It's easy enough to access.

-Crissa

This is where the bright running light across the top comes through. If you see it is a problem, pull over, grab a stick, pour some Maker's Mark on the lower lights, dig off the mud or snow with the stick or pencil. šŸ’„, back, baby.
...and be required to take a blood test when some idiot slides into your brightly lit but whiskey scented truck?

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
you could always add the optional light bar at the top of the windshield for supplemental lighting.

Variable556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, Escape
Country flag
This is where the bright running light across the top comes through. If you see it is a problem, pull over, grab a stick, pour some Maker's Mark on the lower lights, dig off the mud or snow with the stick or pencil. šŸ’„, back, baby.
Iā€™m waaay too stingy for that! I drink elā€™cheapo Fireball, and I still ainā€™t wasting a drop I tell ya!

Hopefully it isnā€™t too much of an issue though.

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
They were not recessed all that far, almost flush with the stainless.

PXL_20231120_235235967_Original.jpeg

(San Jose demo unit, my own photo)

The bumper, though, would be a shelf for snow to build up upon.

We'll see what happens, but I'm not much worried about it. It's easy enough to access.

-Crissa

...and be required to take a blood test when some idiot slides into your brightly lit but whiskey scented truck?
if snow becomes a problem, I'll just hot-glue clear plexiglass flush with frunk šŸ˜‚
Sponsored