Here we go again! (TFL on Tesla)

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Country flag
Not sure why people keep broadcasting stuff from these guys.

I have a low tolerance for click hungry idiots who are willing to post nonsense just to gather clicks.
(Almost all) Videos are for people who cannot read.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm not going to be taking any advice from them or anything. It's entertaining for me.

I like NYK too. A lot actually. (Watching today's video now)

I do find their channel has a pretty big tesla bias though (which is fine). They are my echo chamber because I have that bias.

So I like to watch channels that cover other vehicles and have different views. And TFL does that a lot.
Yeah, the NYK guys often shoot from the hip and are wrong. But at least when they're wrong, they aren't belligerent about it. That's what I like about them.

For other car stuff, I follow Transport Evolved. They focus on getting things hard factual which is tough and noble. They'll also have fun with anything that they get sent, whether it's in their wheel house or not, and they'll say when it isn't. Which is awesome, I love when people admit their bias and work against it. https://www.youtube.com/@transportevolved/videos

(Please give them clicks, I want them to stay broadcasting, which is really tough right now.)

-Crissa

Last edited:

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I agree about the CCS infrastructure.

As I drive my Ford Lightning, waiting for my Cybertruck to arrive in ____(soon), traveling outside the home circle can be a lot of extra work.

I have to juggle 4 different apps to find charging locations. While driving right past some Tesla charging locations. The public CCS infrastructure, in my travels, has been okay at times, and downright non-existent or crappy at other times.

I hope to see a lot more CCS locations in 2 years or so, but right now it is lacking. Maybe the IRA money for Chargers will help....but that is a 5 year plan....and only putting locations along major federal highways.

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
I've never liked these guys, they're corny AF. They strike as the kind of people to order a burger with only meat, cheese, and the bun.

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For other car stuff, I follow Transport Evolved. They focus on getting things hard factual which is tough and noble. They'll also have fun with anything that they get sent, whether it's in their wheel house or not, and they'll say when it isn't. Which is awesome, I love when people admit their bias and work against it.
I followed TE for years but they're so irrationally anti Tesla and even more anti Musk that I dropped the channel. I think a lot of other people did the same and that's why they're having problems. The kicker was when they turned off comments, which allowed them to spread misinformation without being corrected. I know the reason they gave but I never saw any of that in the comments. People being mean girls on the internet? Unheard of. Just ban them and/or delete the comments. In later years it basically became the gathering point for those who don't like Tesla or Musk. The one person who was even handed about Tesla (Winter) left the channel. I liked the people there personally but the endless bias got old. People make their own reality in many ways.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I followed TE for years but they're so irrationally anti Tesla and even more anti Musk that I dropped the channel. I think a lot of other people did the same and that's why they're having problems. The kicker was when they turned off comments, which allowed them to spread misinformation...
Dude, that you can't say what misinformation sorta implies there isn't any. We don't need to get into politics here. They are not anti-Tesla. No one is required to like Elon, either.

And the influx of bigoted abuse they got in the comments is why they turned them off. Which kinda is why they don't particularly enjoy Elon, since he's spouted off a few times on things he didn't know about.

Which is why he says, "I am often wrong," as that's part of learning. If only his friends would learn that.

-Crissa

PS - to ban someone, you have to read the comment, which kinda means that banning doesn't stop the constant stream of abuse from reaching the channel owner, does it?

HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
I’m not sure I agree that they have a Tesla bias.

They loved their Rivian and raved about it. Even with the charging issues, they loved it. It was only after it bricked on them repeatedly that they soured on it.

I don’t watch a ton of YouTube on car reviews, including theirs so maybe I miss some of it.

The big thing with TFL is the fact that they were literally making shit up about the Cybertruck to complain about. They lost all credibility in my eyes.
I never heard of TFN but I do watch NOW YOU KNOW.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Back in the day, I worked at a car dealership one summer. They used to talk about how the #1 most important factor for women in buying a car was the color (and to some extent the overall looks). After that there wasn't much else they were interested in. For the male customers it was expected that you would need to know all the detailed specs.

But after years of hearing the complaints about how the CT looks, I have to say that it seems the looks of a vehicle are FAR AND AWAY the most important thing for MEN!!! It doesn't matter one iota about the specs, or the steel ball test, or anything else on opening night. For a huge number of men, the looks were immediately the end of any rational consideration about the CT. Even now, years later, people are still complaining about the looks.

OMG.
Sponsored