SD2012

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 AWD
Country flag
Got the email from Tesla today about ordering my Foundation series. Don’t want that, just a regular AWD. Is this where I configure for that?
Sponsored

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
Got the email from Tesla today about ordering my Foundation series. Don’t want that, just a regular AWD. Is this where I configure for that?
do nothing. the "Start Designing" button in your tesla app will remain. Foundation Series will hopefully be gone soon and you will be able to configure your non-FS dual or tri on that same offer.

- jow

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Don't get too excited it's a cash grab. You are still over a year out from actually obtaining it.
If this is a cash grab, I wish Tesla would hurry up and grab my cash! I configured on the day after Christmas and I still can't get them to take my money!

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Now that I have settled down comes the hard part. I made the decision early on that I was going to pass and wait for a non-FS AWD Cybertruck like many of my other financially savvy members
That was my plan exactly!

Yet driving one for over 2 months now LOL :)

DrShah

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
My coworker reserved his on Day 1 during the unveil but just got the email to configure but he’s not going through with it, he still has a Taycan on lease. He is in Miami, FL. I am personally waiting for a non foundation Cyberbeast and will keep waiting, don’t care if it’s another 3-4 years.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
My coworker reserved his on Day 1 during the unveil but just got the email to configure but he’s not going through with it, he still has a Taycan on lease. He is in Miami, FL. I am personally waiting for a non foundation Cyberbeast and will keep waiting, don’t care if it’s another 3-4 years.
Man, I wish everyone had the patience and discipline you two have exhibited!

If everyone was that disciplined, I would already have my Cybertruck!

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yahooooooo!!!

At 3:35pm PST today I received the ‘Golden Ticket’ e-mail from Tesla to order a Foundation Series Cybertruck. I literally had to read the e-mail 3x to make sure I wasn’t seeing things.

Now that I have settled down comes the hard part. I made the decision early on that I was going to pass and wait for a non-FS AWD Cybertruck like many of my other financially savvy members. $79,990 and a possible $7500 tax credit will be easier for me to swallow when purchasing a depreciating asset like a vehicle.

This decision is definitely a true test of my will power. I have waited nearly 4 years and 4 months for my dream apocalypse ready Cybertruck. I will continue to live vicariously through others on this forum. The wait continues…

7D96A3BB-0B5C-42E8-951B-702A9566DAA7.jpeg
I too received the "Invitation", and I just posted a similar question.

Somugo

First Name
Somu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Got mine this evening. Sounds like a new wave just started and I am excited about that. Unfortunately I will be abroad for two months very soon. Have to wait until I am back from my trip.

Dynapl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I just got an invite too, RN1129 Illinois. Can't afford FS...got to wait little longer:cry:

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Tesla must have sent a fresh batch of FS e-mails today.

Last edited:

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Today must have been a fresh batch of CT e-mails.
Yeah, it will be continue going till the end of RN list like someone predicted awhile back which i once thought it was BS.

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
Yahooooooo!!!

At 3:35pm PST today I received the ‘Golden Ticket’ e-mail from Tesla to order a Foundation Series Cybertruck. I literally had to read the e-mail 3x to make sure I wasn’t seeing things.

Now that I have settled down comes the hard part. I made the decision early on that I was going to pass and wait for a non-FS AWD Cybertruck like many of my other financially savvy members. $79,990 and a possible $7500 tax credit will be easier for me to swallow when purchasing a depreciating asset like a vehicle.

This decision is definitely a true test of my will power. I have waited nearly 4 years and 4 months for my dream apocalypse ready Cybertruck. I will continue to live vicariously through others on this forum. The wait continues…

When I first got my invite, I thought the same. Wait. But after 4 days I caved and ordered. Few things to consider, but there is no guarantee that once the "regular" CT is available that it will qualify for the tax credit right away.

1) Seems that the 4680 batteries still may not allow it to qualify. A bit ago the RWD Model Y (4680 cells) had this issue where it didn't qualify. Since they had to outsource some of the cells and it doesn't meet the qualifications for the full $7,500 due to the % made in North America. Looks like the newer RWD Model Y may qualify now? But something to consider as CT ramps up and demand for 4680 even more......maybe they will have to outsource again for some time until they can produce ALL 4680 in US and qualify.

2) Even after Foundation, Tesla may still then "forcibly" include at least ONE accessory or upgrade in the next configuration. All terrain tires, white interior....basically ANY upgrade will pass the $80k limit of the tax credit. And hence leave you at ANOTHER deciding point if you want to wait again for when they will sell a config "bare bones".

So in any case, its a matter of how much you want to wait. But its not a safe assumption that the very next available non-Foundation configuration will qualify for the Tax Credit....

vinyl.blowfish

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Cybertruck
Country flag
Is the purchase agreement presented before the final order button still missing the the no-resale clause?

Trbizwiz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 RWD, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
Don't get too excited it's a cash grab. You are still over a year out from actually obtaining it.
I agree its a cash grab, by Tesla. But Tesla's primary goals are volume. Tesla knows there is a lot more cash in this thing, by ramping it as quickly as possible. They wont hold back production for margins. As supply chain and production processes are capable of higher volumes, they will produce higher volumes. The foundation pricing will not be supported at mass production type volumes. I am guessing that when production ramps to 1000 to 2000 units per week, Tesla wont be able to fill orders with foundation, and that is when it will become optional. I do think it'll remain an option, and the selling feature will be accelerated delivery.
I think Tesla can sell half a million or more, AWD Cybertrucks per year, at something close to the reveal price. When Sandy tears his truck down, he will tell us how much it should cost to build. I would guess you could take that number, plus 20% to 25%, and get to a pretty close fair market value for the truck.

CyberT1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016S,, 2022 X Plaid
Occupation
Regional sales Mgr
Country flag
Yahooooooo!!!

Is that your RN Number
Yahooooooo!!!

is that your RN number 1129?
Sponsored