Hoping for a Cybertruck update June 10

What do you think will be the "one more thing" on June 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Suskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Ibiza
Country flag
a boy can dream :)
Just by looking at your avatar I think someone should draw a Silver Surfer piloting a Cybertruck! They seem to be a perfect match!
He could stay in the bed, as if surfing, while the CT pilots itself!
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
It's definitely possible, the lack of Cybertruck updates since the unveiling has been pretty hard on us fans. The good thing is that they are running out of time to hide from us. As far as we know, the Cybertruck is still on schedule for some deliveries to go out by the end of this year. I'm pretty sure Tesla will have to show us a finished product with confirmed specs before people actually pay for their trucks.

I'm also really excited to see Cybertruck crash tests. I want to see how safe it is for passengers and how well it can take a beating.

But i'm pretty optimistic about at least some updates. They've got over a million reservations and forums like this one with countless threads about what could be. There is less than 7 months left of this year and it makes the most sense to give us confirmed details at a big event like the one on Thursday. So far we've just been teased with possibilities, the only confirmation that we got was no door handles which didn't surprise me much since the Roadster already got rid of them and Tesla already have similar door opening mechanisms in the model X.

The big updates deserve an event. Confirmed details on range, if the cover is solar, if there is a midgate or a spare, did the towing capacity increased, Cyberquad cost and how fast can it charge on the truck.

I'm also hoping some youtubers get the Truck early. I know it'll be mostly employees first early on, but someone needs to go over every little detail about the Cybertruck to satisfy my curiosity since I don't think i'll see any up in Canada for a while
unless we Canucks see early batches....who knows how they'll be distributed.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Is it just me or does it seem like out of all the new Tesla products coming out, there is the most interest in the Cybertruck yet the truck gets the least amount of updated info put out there by Tesla.

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Is it just me or does it seem like out of all the new Tesla products coming out, there is the most interest in the Cybertruck yet the truck gets the least amount of updated info put out there by Tesla.
I would agree with you, while also having to recognize my massive bias in this scenario...

for all I know there's a Tesla Semi forum and people are equally as obsessed... but, I'm biased and I don't care.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The timing would be right for the CT update. I can see it happening, and it would be super cool.
Wait, a month or so has passed? I fell asleep and thought I missed it.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
It's definitely possible, the lack of Cybertruck updates since the unveiling has been pretty hard on us fans.
In a sense yes it’s been hard. But you know what made it easier for me? See all the Tesla killer trucks get announced, demonstrated, some canceled, some projected to ship way past my CT, and all of them trying to electrify the ICE world without revolutionizing the category. After all this time, I’m still excited for my CT delivery because nothing else even comes close yet. Sure I wish for more info. But even if it comes out exactly as it was on reveal night, it’s still the best option around by far.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
In a sense yes it’s been hard. But you know what made it easier for me? See all the Tesla killer trucks get announced, demonstrated, some canceled, some projected to ship way past my CT, and all of them trying to electrify the ICE world without revolutionizing the category. After all this time, I’m still excited for my CT delivery because nothing else even comes close yet. Sure I wish for more info. But even if it comes out exactly as it was on reveal night, it’s still the best option around by far.
I feel the opposite about all the other truck companies. The only one I felt good about doing so poorly was Nikola and that was just because of they were treating their shareholders and customers with all the lies. As for the rest of the companies, I was really hoping they would succeed in making their products. If we had a bunch of EV trucks coming out by next year, sure some people will cancel their CT preorder and get something else but it's not like Tesla could keep up with demand anyway. The Cybertruck would most likely still be the top of the line in terms of range, it would still have the most unique style, and I'm sure it would still have all of us on our toes waiting for more updates.

If all those companies were successful in starting productions for trucks by next year, the only thing that would have changed for most of us Cybertruck till we die sort of people would be that there are more electric trucks on the road, more EV's in general. The more commong EV's are in the world, the more chargers that will go up, more after market products, more competition to motivate Tesla to stay ahead of everyone else.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I feel the opposite about all the other truck companies. The only one I felt good about doing so poorly was Nikola and that was just because of they were treating their shareholders and customers with all the lies. As for the rest of the companies, I was really hoping they would succeed in making their products. If we had a bunch of EV trucks coming out by next year, sure some people will cancel their CT preorder and get something else but it's not like Tesla could keep up with demand anyway. The Cybertruck would most likely still be the top of the line in terms of range, it would still have the most unique style, and I'm sure it would still have all of us on our toes waiting for more updates.

If all those companies were successful in starting productions for trucks by next year, the only thing that would have changed for most of us Cybertruck till we die sort of people would be that there are more electric trucks on the road, more EV's in general. The more commong EV's are in the world, the more chargers that will go up, more after market products, more competition to motivate Tesla to stay ahead of everyone else.
Don’t get me wrong. I certainly wish the other companies were better competition. It would make everything more interesting and the CT would probably get even further improvements to out do them all. But given the competitive landscape at the moment, I’m still super excited about the CT and just not worried about the update at all. I know mine will come someday. I know it will be awesome. I know that eventually there will be better competition and then I’ll consider upgrading to the CT update when it’s available.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Hmm, wonder why they don't? It's a free country *market*.
I think the other companies are good enough competition for now. I don't think those companies considered Tesla real competition for years. Tesla really wasn't much of a threat when they only had a couple vehicles and a very small charging network. It wasn't until the model 3 came out, Tesla built bigger factories and expanded their charging network, and improved their range before it was clear that other companies needed to invest in electric vehicles.

So Tesla had a big head start and it wasn't until the last couple years that other companies really started to catch up at all. Tesla definitely still has better products; they continually make extremely safe vehicles, their safety features are amazing, they have the best range that's currently available and they aren't showing any signs of complacency. That being said, other companies are making strides in the market; we're seeing 300+ miles of range on some vehicles, other companies were right behind Tesla with electric truck announcements, we're seeing lots of companies coming out with software similar to autopilot with the same possibility of level 3 in the near future (on highways).

I love the competition that all of this sparks between companies. Everytime there is a delay in one of Tesla's timelines, I just assume it's because they are trying to make things even more impressive than what they are promising to show that they are still in the lead.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
Where's my GD electric car? ?

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Could anyone point me to where this Update will come from? Is it a live feed? Tesla.com? Just keep checking this forum? I literally cannot find how to check for this so called "news" coming out "today". It just seems like it was already mentioned in articles I read that the only significance of today would be the Model S Plaid being released and also the Plaid + being cancelled because its "not needed".

Can anyone give me some clarity? Thanks in advance!

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
Could anyone point me to where this Update will come from? Is it a live feed? Tesla.com? Just keep checking this forum? I literally cannot find how to check for this so called "news" coming out "today". It just seems like it was already mentioned in articles I read that the only significance of today would be the Model S Plaid being released and also the Plaid + being cancelled because its "not needed".

Can anyone give me some clarity? Thanks in advance!
Tesla will live stream from their youtube channel sometime later today after 5pm pst I believe (waiting for the YouTube notification to alert me). You can also watch from pretty much all other informative Tesla Youtube channels ie. Tesla Daily, Now You Know, HyperChange etc...
Sponsored