How can the Tri-Motor Cybertruck at $70k possibly be real?

rob0115

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model S LR, 2020 Model Y PUP
Country flag
Have you watched any Sandy Munro videos analyzing CT and how he predicts the cost analysis? If you haven’t, it will answer your questions. If you have and still don’t understand it, that is probably because you’ve been so trained by the traditional auto makers in how their costs recaptured.

Fewer options vs. 64+ options per vehicle = less cost
No paint means no pain shop and the $500M cost to build that.
They make most of their stuff in house vs. subcontractors.
Less inventory.
Smart manufacturing.

Watch Sandy’s year down of a Model 3 or Y. This guy is amazed at the brilliant engineering.

If you think it is a bait and switch, then an ICE F-150; buy an expensive Rivian or outrageously expensive HUMMER. I’ll take your place in line.
Already have a 2019 Raptor don't need another ICE pickup truck when I am clearly looking for an electric one. I am not inexeperienced with Tesla's as I have two currently--and they aren't my first. My MY PUP was nearly as much as a tri-motor CT that's what has me questioning it. I'm happy to purchase it at the pre-order price, thus the reason for placing it initially.
Sponsored

BryanMorera

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I never thought I would see these two words in the same sentence: "Only" and "$76K"

When did this happen? I always miss the memo.
I think that serves to demonstrate the value proposition the Tri-motor Cybertruck promises to offer its buyers. It has the tow rating of the Big-3 ICE pickups, the 0-60 of a Porche, the durability of a tank, and a range higher than any other EV and most ICE vehicles. All things being equal, if I asked you to guess the price of something like that without telling you it was a Tesla, you'd probably guess something much higher than $76k. So when you hear that you get all that for significantly less than you'd expect, the natural reaction is "only $76?"

It's not that $76k is not alot of money, for most of us it is. Its that you feel that you're getting more than $76k's worth at that price point.

JeffnReno

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y LR with tow package
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine shows $10k but I plan to cancel unless they honor the $7,500 before purchase.
My reservation is #3500 or so because of trimotor. I should be in the first 10 people in Kansas to get one.
Since the info provided says they will be allowing changes at the time to confirm the order before confirming by paying an additional deposit, I'm going to decide when that day comes. I have paid for the full FSD pakage on my Model 3 and do use most of the features it can do now (pre-beta) but it will depend on the price and how those features improve between now and then before I decide.

JeffnReno

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y LR with tow package
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think that serves to demonstrate the value proposition the Tri-motor Cybertruck promises to offer its buyers. It has the tow rating of the Big-3 ICE pickups, the 0-60 of a Porche, the durability of a tank, and a range higher than any other EV and most ICE vehicles. All things being equal, if I asked you to guess the price of something like that without telling you it was a Tesla, you'd probably guess something much higher than $76k. So when you hear that you get all that for significantly less than you'd expect, the natural reaction is "only $76?"

It's not that $76k is not alot of money, for most of us it is. Its that you feel that you're getting more than $76k's worth at that price point.
I figure it will be close to $80k by the time everything is added for myself. My better half isn't going to be paying for it as I'm going to sell as many TSLA shares I need to to make the purchase when the time comes. She can live with that...;-)
Sponsored