Bamaboy007

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
How long do we think it will take for Tesla to push out just Basic Autopilot on the Cybertruck? I assume the only reason that it doesn't work yet is because of the steer by wire steering aspect of the automation in the system. No telling how long FSD beta takes to show up but damn they need to at least get basic autopilot working immediately
Sponsored

REM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag
2 months.

Cold.Truth

First Name
Big A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD, 1987 Carerra, 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Occupation
I.T. Project Management
Country flag
4 years. jk!! ;) I bet > 6 months. They need a fleet on the road for telemetry and programming requirements, I would think.

niner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model Y
Country flag
I would be annoyed if it's not by the end of Q1 for basic AP. If quad steer is such an obstacle, disable the rear wheels on basic AP and ship something rudimentary

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
3 to 6 months, officially released to a handful of Beta testers and rolled out within 9 months.

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
I'm hopeful it's in my beast in "mid-late 2024." I'm expecting it by end of 2025. When the RWD rolls out, I assume the margins on the truck will be quite a bit lower than the higher trims. Getting someone to pay $6k for enhanced autopilot will be essential for Tesla margins on the vehicle. It will need to be available by the time RWD launches.

OP
OP

Bamaboy007

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I sure wish we knew the answer to this.

vertigo3pc

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
turo.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD FS, Model X, Model Y
Country flag
I think when the rear-steering changes are made (from 6 degrees of freedom to 20 degrees of freedom), they'll release AP and FSD. The steer-by-wire is already something to translate into the steering, and changing the turning radius and overall dynamics will drastically impact FSD (I think).

So I don't know when we'll see it, but I think we'll see the rear steering changes first; then we'll get closer to FSD/AP.

Also, I noticed in my CT this afternoon that under the Software screen, my car says:

Software

v12.0 (2023.44.9.2 ...)

I wonder if the cars are already running v12 FSD, but it's currently disabled and cannot be enabled. Perhaps the car is validating it's driving FSD intentions against v12 using the "Shadow" mode, and once the validations turn positive and the steering is upgraded, they will enable FSD/AP?
Sponsored

Last edited: