How long will it take before used preowned Cybertrucks are available to buy?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Consumer demand will keep resale prices high for the first three years or so. If the Cybertruck were manufactured by another car company you would be paying ADM (added dealer markup) to purchase a new one.

AC9140DF-A87B-4722-969A-037C68CDA771.jpeg
BACKGROUND:

Back when the PT Cruiser was first unveiled I went to the local dealership and made an order for a new one. I was one of the earlier people to make an order and the sales guys at the dealership were licking their lips telling me that this would be a popular vehicle so they would have to charge me MSRP for my order. At the time, I was driving $300 to $500 cars till the engine blew, junking it, then getting another one. So I gladly signed for MSRP. This was going to be my big life change at the time.

Cut to 8 months later. My PT Cruiser finally comes in. I go down to the dealership to buy it. The sales guy tells me that the finance person wants to talk. I get taken into the back room and the finance guy offers me $8000 cash to walk away from my MSRP deal. The PT Cruiser was selling so well that they couldn't get enough of them and had even been buying them in Canada to drive down to Seattle to sell here.

Suffice it to say, I turned down the cash and took possession of my PT Cruiser. The sales guy was not happy.

ALL THAT TO SAY:

When the CT starts actually shipping, I'll bet that there will be those who will be offering a hefty price over sales price to buy your CT out from under you. By the time the CT is shipping, there is going to be quite a demand pent up.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
How did you get a reservation number I just got a random order number
You got a reservation number when you reserved your Cybertruck. That is the RN in front of the numerical sequence. It is not a random number, but the sequential reservations of Tesla vehicles. There is a spreadsheet on the site here where you can enter your reservation number and get an approximation of what order you will be getting your cyber truck. For example that is my reservation number in the photo. By entering my reservation into the spreadsheet we calculated that I’m 518,000 and change in line for my tri-motor cyber truck. It’s an approximation. However, it will give you a decent idea of when to expect your cybertruck to be built and delivered.

Tesla Cybertruck How long will it take before used preowned Cybertrucks are available to buy? FE64849A-71D1-4C3B-A138-07D472E0D1C9

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Thanks. Just did it. Looks like I won’t get mine to august 2023
Take it with a huge grain of salt. I'm allegedly 2732 in line for dual motor but it estimates I won't see my truck until the May 2022, hopefully it's faster. It also depends on your area and just how fast they prove to be able to sling CTs out of the plant, which is hopefully quick considering their prototype only took 2 weeks to build.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
How did you get a reservation number I just got a random order number
The order numbers aren’t random, they are sequential. There is a tab at the top of the CT owners club where you can put in you order number and get some idea of where you are in the line.

59sjordan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 M3LR White on White, CyberTruck Reservation
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Country flag
Good point about everything being recorded. Except when some A*hole doesn't care! Where I live I'm mostly concerned about it being rented by the off-roading hotheads who push limits with rigs and terrain. They'll want to prove that their jeeps or lifted trucks etc. can beat Cybertruck.
If we are talking 'Robo Taxi' fleet, no hotheads will have the opportunity to trash your CT. Your CT will go and pick up the fare and deliver them to their destination with no-one driving at all.

There are a whole group of people that have bunches of reservations in hopes of having a CT Robo Taxi fleet.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I don't think the reservation sequence estimate has taken into account the order of model release Elon had suggested after the initial presentation. He originally said tri-motor last, but has suggested they might do it first or second now.

-Crissa

Last edited:

cybertrucktruckguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Tundra Limited, 2016 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If FSD is live and Elon is correct About Robotaxi revenue, there will be NO Used cybertrucks available below the purchase price for a very long time.

I’m sure there will be people willing to sell for the right price but it won’t be cheap.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
There will be some available right after launch. Just like every other car. "Some" will try to make money off of the opportunity. A bunch of the new order will cry and accuse "them" of trying to take advantage. Capitalism will win out and "those" that can will buy them for what they are being sold for. Then supply will catch up with demand and everything will normalize. Everyone wins! Except, of course, the new order trying to impose their BS on all of us...

glowplug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I’ve ordered a tri-motor and a dual motor. Both in the 81,xxxx order #. Planning to purchase both and keep the one I prefer. I’ll then sell the other which will have extremely low miles for the same as I paid. But NO test drives! (both have $7k FSD)
IMG_2592.jpeg
IMG_2593.jpeg
Where did those RN “text blocks” come from? I’ve never seen my CT reservation with those details before.

edited - nm, finished reading the thread amd found the link from Crissa (thanks!)

https://sites.google.com/view/tesla-reservation-tracker/home

Last edited:

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I’ve ordered a tri-motor and a dual motor. Both in the 81,xxxx order #. Planning to purchase both and keep the one I prefer. I’ll then sell the other which will have extremely low miles for the same as I paid. But NO test drives! (both have $7k FSD)
IMG_2592.jpeg
IMG_2593.jpeg
Has there not been a question about Tesla's maintaining electronic continuation of a feature for a second owner? That is, might Tesla say to the second owner, "You did not pay us our $10,000 for FSD, so you don't get to keep it?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Paid FSD is transferable. Some questionable practices I read around lease vehicles occur, lease vehicle had FSD but in this cause is not transferable to a new owner since FSD was never purchased, just leased.

I do t know if purchased instead of turning in lease retains FSD without additional cost.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Paid FSD is transferable. Some questionable practices I read around lease vehicles occur, lease vehicle had FSD but in this cause is not transferable to a new owner since FSD was never purchased, just leased.
People buy and sell cars with FSD all the time. To my knowledge, aside from that one story a few years ago, Tesla has honored that purchase. It’s reliable enough it that it is normal practice for people to pay thousands more for used cars with FSD.
Sponsored