Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
There was a CT on stage but wasn't there a CT giving rides soon after? I wonder how many CTs exist for Elon's use, testing etc. I guess they were made in Fremont? It seems likely that there is a prototype production line in Fremont to make the exoskeleton and the tooling of this line will make CTs for crash testing, and test the innovations that are evolving in engineering (maybe suggestions from this site?) like the pass through for the vault.

Perhaps there is a handful of CTs, dozens?
Sponsored

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I heard from somebody who heard from somebody else that there are three roadable ones.

KendrickMB

First Name
Kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Trax, 2012 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
To my knowledge, there's one confirmed truck. The one at the unveiling seems to be the same one from the Leno special, the museum, and all of Musk's outings in the truck. Someone might know better than me though.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
To my knowledge, there's one confirmed truck. The one at the unveiling seems to be the same one from the Leno special, the museum, and all of Musk's outings in the truck. Someone might know better than me though.
Are we really talking about where Tesla makes their prototypes? I am pretty sure they make their prototypes at the Fremont plant, and will probably continue to do so while they work on the design, design testing, and the initial production process. So they probably have the facility to build 1 or 2 vehicles and probably don't need more than that for a year. They will never be production quality vehicles.

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
The dash in the Jay Leno's Garage episode is different from the unveiling. I say at least two functional.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
its a mystery of science and technology. only to be revealed to the ancestors of the egytosumarian lizard overlords.

I think there's 2.

CyberJagg

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chevy Express
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
There was a CT on stage but wasn't there a CT giving rides soon after? I wonder how many CTs exist for Elon's use, testing etc. I guess they were made in Fremont? It seems likely that there is a prototype production line in Fremont to make the exoskeleton and the tooling of this line will make CTs for crash testing, and test the innovations that are evolving in engineering (maybe suggestions from this site?) like the pass through for the vault.

The CT on stage during the test drives is the clay version, so as of now I think there’s only 1 CT. But don’t quote me on that.

Deleted member 5322

At least 3 I think. One was with sheltered windows on a stage, the other one gave a ride for people outside. And the third one was in JL show ( dash was different from the unveil event)

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

There's a clay model, and the one prototype. Worth millions one day, someone better hold on to that...

TheLoneWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
At least 3 I think. One was with sheltered windows on a stage, the other one gave a ride for people outside. And the third one was in JL show ( dash was different from the unveil event)
The one with shattered windows is what they used to give test rides, they just replaced the windows. You can actually see Tesla personnel carrying the replacement windows in some of the uploaded livestreams.

There was a clay version on stage while people were getting test rides on the real thing. A dash is also easy to replace, but I suppose it's possible there's two CT's with different ones.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I think there might be two by now, but I think only the original is seen in public.

Same question about Roadster 2.0... I think there is only 1 road worthy vehicle, the one they used for shooting videos, gave test rides in, and probably doing all kinds of testing on.

I think suspension, making sure the Cybertruck is easy to manufacture, and testing out any changes (like a new dash) are things they would do with the prototype for as long as possible.

Next summer I expect there to be half a dozen, as they start testing assembly methods.

Irv

First Name
Irv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13, 15, 17 Volt; 05 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax Diesel ; 63, 69 Corvette; 65 427 Ace Shelby Cobra Replica
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I am pretty sure there is only one. They changed the windows before they gave rides. How was the dash different for Leno interview? I saw nothing different about the dash from the night when it was unveiled. I think it's possible there are two, I have seen it with and without the trailer hitch but, that would be easy to add and remove.

I also am only talking about the functional Cybertruck. I agree the one on stage, while they gave rides was clay and not functional.

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
I am pretty sure there is only one. They changed the windows before they gave rides. How was the dash different for Leno interview? I saw nothing different about the dash from the night when it was unveiled. I think it's possible there are two, I have seen it with and without the trailer hitch but, that would be easy to add and remove.

I also am only talking about the functional Cybertruck. I agree the one on stage, while they gave rides was clay and not functional.
The compressed paper dash at the unveiling looked like marble while the truck in Jay Leno's Garage was just white.
Sponsored