How to handle the door handles?

What is your opinion regarding the CT door handles?

• Total voters

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I myself am fairly torn on this one. Having handles seems like a safety necessity but it’s new to me to not have handles and it may be better. So I created a poll to put some closure in this.
Sponsored

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
I have no preference. Having door handles or not is about as important to me as the color of the foam cushioning inside the seats. I’ll take what I can get,

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
As usual, no vote in the poll applies to me.

Since I haven't dealt with the no handle thing, I am concerned but holding off judgement until I get the truck. It's almost certainly not a deal breaker, but it could end up being that one thing about the truck that I'm frustrated with for years.

Likewise the yoke. Neither seems to solve a problem I have and both have a fair risk of being frustrating.

bradmente

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I would love to see either the rectangular door handle shape from the reveal prototype or the M3/MY handle shape etched, stamped, or printed in/on to the steel. Bonus points if the "handles" were buttons that would activate the door. Obviously, your phone or key card/fob would still be needed to authenticate.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
By saying "No door handles. Car recognizes you & opens door."

Great for publicity, bad for understanding. The main issue here is we've never seen it demonstrated and an intentionally short tweet only makes everyone wonder what the heck he means.

With 4 doors, and 6 passenger capacity we can only wonder how it knows to open the doors for passengers it doesn't recognize who enter on the other 3 doors.

Not to mention how it knows WHEN you want to open a specific door. Just because you walk up to your CT doesn't mean you want to open the drivers door.

If you walk up to the CT with groceries or a briefcase that you intend to put in the back, how will it know you want to open it?

I can only assume they're looking for a way to avoid cutting the stainless steel, but I'm sure there will be SOME way to tell it when to open, and which door.

Here are 5 ways:

5. Voice. "Hey Cybertruck, open the back seat door".

4. Hand gesture (there are cameras everywhere). Waving your hand or foot could be pretty simple.

3. Remote key card, FOB or Ring. Wave it near the window of the door you want to open.

2. Tapping on the door panel. Super simple. Tap the rear back seat door 3 times... it opens that door.

1. A BUTTON. He said no handles... he never mentioned lack of a button, they can have a simple open button on the pilar... like the Vault.

Last edited: