Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I'm not against hunting. I am against slob hunters that use dogs to run deer and poach or illegally hunt at night (headlighting).
I don't hunt on our land and don't allow anyone else to because we only have 40 acres and most of it is in pastures with cows, goats and sheep on them and I don't want any of them mistaken for a deer.
The only deer I ever killed in my life was taken with a 1975 Peterbuilt on a two lane road in Georgia back in the early 80's.
When she came out from under the back wheels of the trailer (I was grossing 80K pounds) she was spread pretty thin.
Just the other night a doe ran out in front of me and another one (maybe her fawn) slammed into the side of my little van.
I had a small dent in the rear quarter panel but I didn't find a body so I guess it got lucky.
I'm thinking any suicidal deer that tries the CT is not going to fare well.
Sponsored

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Sitting here watching North woods law seeing them give people tickets for hunting from inside their vehicles and thinking about this thread! ;)

Cyber-Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Silverado
Country flag
One of the things I’m really looking forward to in my CT is hunting Elk on southern Montana public lands. My dad’s truck (Nissan Frontier) was modified to disable all lights (interior, headlights, brake lights, blinkers, ect, with the flip of a couple of switches. Has anyone given any thought as to what a “Hunting Mode” might do? It would be great if all lights could be disabled from the control screen, and the screen itself dimmed, once you were off road.
Any hunters have any other suggestions?
Thermal imaging in “Hunting mode” would be great when you loose a blood trail. I like the idea of lights out, but with GPS navigation with a green lite screen and maybe overlayed topographical maps on the screen. I am the navigator for my group of friends when we hunt in the mountains. I now use a hand held Garmin gps with topo maps from the forestry service that I scan and overlay onto the Garmin maps. We go lights out during the last 1/2 mile of our morning hike in. Using this method I can get them within a few feet of their stands using waypoints.
Anyway….back to the truck….please for the love of goodness disable any warning ringers in the truck when in hunting mode. We always cuss at the key in the ignition one on the f150
I do not envision my new Cybertruck sneaking up on deer…as a fellow hunter you know deer/elk are smarter than that, but it could get you close for a short hike in. The main hunting chore I will use the cyber truck for would be a retrieval vehicle. In hunter mode I would like an option to keep the temperature of the vault frigid on warm days to keep the venison nice and fresh. Me and my dad have both harvested nice bucks in bow season this year and I have had to put them in a stream for a half hour to cool off the meat before dragging them out…it seems like every year gets warmer…
Sorry for the long text (my first post) I have been a stalker for a long time and have enjoyed reading all of the posts….I have a dual motor with FSD with a reservation of ~120k.
Love the dent/scratch/rust proof stainless steel for hunting and am really hoping for an amphibious option as there are some islands in my local river I would like to get to for hunting.
Also one more thing …the comments on this thread regarding drunken hunters and people hunting from their truck make me sick (please don’t take them to heart). I hope people realize there are idiots everywhere, but most hunters I have met are really good ethical people AND are also fans of the cyber truck.

myrickma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
One of the things I’m really looking forward to in my CT is hunting Elk on southern Montana public lands. My dad’s truck (Nissan Frontier) was modified to disable all lights (interior, headlights, brake lights, blinkers, ect, with the flip of a couple of switches. Has anyone given any thought as to what a “Hunting Mode” might do? It would be great if all lights could be disabled from the control screen, and the screen itself dimmed, once you were off road.
Sounds like something a simple over-the-air update could easily do haha.
I'm not a hunter but know enough to imagine there are probably some really sweet benefits to haveing the CT. Sound for one, vault could keep multiple large coolers secure and could run some type of cooling system I imagine while again, maintaining a quiet environment.
Then there's the armored glass and exterior lol.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
I, personally, would love a stealth mode feature. I don't think the OP meant that he would be cruising the woods shooting from the CT (or at least, I hope they didn't!). My Dad is 80 years old and bought an electric UTV to aid in getting him to his stands so he can continue to enjoy the sport. There is definitely a valid, legal use case for it. I am an avid hunter, myself and being able to creep through the woods pre-dawn would be a nice touch. Sometimes you want to immerse yourself in nature and having stealth mode would be a step closer to being able to do that.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Thermal imaging in “Hunting mode” would be great when you loose a blood trail. I like the idea of lights out, but with GPS navigation with a green lite screen and maybe overlayed topographical maps on the screen. I am the navigator for my group of friends when we hunt in the mountains. I now use a hand held Garmin gps with topo maps from the forestry service that I scan and overlay onto the Garmin maps. We go lights out during the last 1/2 mile of our morning hike in. Using this method I can get them within a few feet of their stands using waypoints.
Anyway….back to the truck….please for the love of goodness disable any warning ringers in the truck when in hunting mode. We always cuss at the key in the ignition one on the f150
I do not envision my new Cybertruck sneaking up on deer…as a fellow hunter you know deer/elk are smarter than that, but it could get you close for a short hike in. The main hunting chore I will use the cyber truck for would be a retrieval vehicle. In hunter mode I would like an option to keep the temperature of the vault frigid on warm days to keep the venison nice and fresh. Me and my dad have both harvested nice bucks in bow season this year and I have had to put them in a stream for a half hour to cool off the meat before dragging them out…it seems like every year gets warmer…
Sorry for the long text (my first post) I have been a stalker for a long time and have enjoyed reading all of the posts….I have a dual motor with FSD with a reservation of ~120k.
Love the dent/scratch/rust proof stainless steel for hunting and am really hoping for an amphibious option as there are some islands in my local river I would like to get to for hunting.
Also one more thing …the comments on this thread regarding drunken hunters and people hunting from their truck make me sick (please don’t take them to heart). I hope people realize there are idiots everywhere, but most hunters I have met are really good ethical people AND are also fans of the cyber truck.
I second the emotion about unethical/dangerous hunters, they give the rest of us a bad name and the majority of the hunting community don't condone idiotic behavior with firearms.

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
Everyone needs to stop requesting shit and giving Elon an excuse to not start mfg the Cybertruck

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Everyone needs to stop requesting shit and giving Elon an excuse to not start mfg the Cybertruck
You think Elon reads our comments?

I wonder what his username is.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
I'm sure Tesla would steer clear of developing a "Hunting Mode" since there are strict laws about using your vehicle to hunt (no shooting from the vehicle, cannot use the lights/speakers to scare or lure wildlife, cant intentionally hit an animal with your car, etc.).

I hear the horror stories about drunk hunters too, but certainly not anyone I would want to hunt with. Here is a more typical hunting day:
4am wake up, get your stuff ready and head to your hunting spot (coffee, no beer since its freakin 4am :) )
5am-late morning - Hunt (still just coffee and maybe water/gatorade)
Afternoon - Head back to camp, clean your kill, put the guns up and break out the beer
Evening - Start a fire, cook dinner, more beer, bs with your buddies, etc until you go to bed and repeat the process the next day.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm sure Tesla would steer clear of developing a "Hunting Mode" since there are strict laws about using your vehicle to hunt (no shooting from the vehicle, cannot use the lights/speakers to scare or lure wildlife, cant intentionally hit an animal with your car, etc.).
Maybe not “hunting mode”, but some kind of stealth/ dark mode available when parked would make sense. When I’m just normal camping I get annoyed by dome lights and the console coming on when I open the doors briefly.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Maybe not “hunting mode”, but some kind of stealth/ dark mode available when parked would make sense. When I’m just normal camping I get annoyed by dome lights and the console coming on when I open the doors briefly.
Stargazing mode?

Cyber-Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Silverado
Country flag
Stargazing mode?
I am easy call the new mode whatever makes everyone “comfortable”, but sticking with “hunter mode” for now because I already typed up the following and that is what the op asked. Also doubt anyone from Tesla will ever read this.

Also on my “hunter mode” wish list…

Pathmaker function to detect upcoming terrain using on board topo maps/gps to calculate the most gradually sloped route to the waypoint while automatically avoiding objects (trees, boulders, cliffs, logs etc) utilizing crab walk in the back country. It is amazing that my ATV is still in one piece.

I would also like a “come get my redneck ass out off here” option in hunter mode, kind of like smart summons on steroids. When I forget my GPS and I am lost/turned around (happens especially at night while on a blood trail tracking a deer by lantern light). Want the Cyber truck to drive as close as it can to me and become a beacon by flashing lights/beeping periodically so I can find my way home. This function would also be great every time you kill a deer so you don’t have to hike all the way back to get the truck.

Again I am just bored like the rest of you waiting for my cyber truck and doubt there is a snowballs chance in hell of any of this being implemented so no harm to anyones wait time. Thanks for all the posts on this site it has been entertaining

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I wonder what his username is.
It's NOT @Bill906 . I know that for sure. Not even sure why you would think that. Seriously, I'm not Elon and I'm sick of everyone assuming I am. If I've said it once, I've said it 420 times. I'm not Elon.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I would also like a “come get my redneck ass out off here” option in hunter mode, kind of like smart summons on steroids. When I forget my GPS and I am lost/turned around (happens especially at night while on a blood trail tracking a deer by lantern light). Want the Cyber truck to drive as close as it can to me and become a beacon by flashing lights/beeping periodically so I can find my way home. This function would also be great every time you kill a deer so you don’t have to hike all the way back to get the truck.
I’d absolutely love a “Come find me” mode that works on forest roads.

One thing to keep in mind is much of the truck’s functionality relies on cellular connectivity. Don’t know where you hunt, but when I’m in the back country for riding cell signals are often rare. Even if the truck had Starlink for connectivity… it’s unlikely you will.

Cyber-Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Silverado
Country flag
It's NOT @Bill906 . I know that for sure. Not even sure why you would think that. Seriously, I'm not Elon and I'm sick of everyone assuming I am. If I've said it once, I've said it 420 times. I'm not Elon.
Lol….Yeh right Elon
Sponsored