Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model y
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Roast me.
Scott: If you need a truck, you need one or even if it is just a want. Once Cyber, Rivian, and Fords start deliveries, I want to see Sandy Munro tear all of them down because I want to see the insides and hear his comments and comments from others about the innards. I expect that the Cyber will be more rugged than the rest, but styling will offend many. In my area NE, salt DESTROYS trucks, brake lines etc. I see sooo many relatively new trucks with lots of rot. In upper NY state relatively young lower mileage trucks
can be "forced junked" because of rot. That's the way it goes for Ford, GM & Stellantis.
Sponsored

Zenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
To be fair, there are areas with rolling blackouts, grid issues, general failures. With solar I wouldn’t mind an option to use a future Tesla vehicle in a similar way, as a backup or to schedule feed/draw similar to powerwall.​

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
To be fair, there are areas with rolling blackouts, grid issues, general failures. With solar I wouldn’t mind an option to use a future Tesla vehicle in a similar way, as a backup or to schedule feed/draw similar to powerwall.​
if you can plug a CT in to charge it……there has to be some smart young electrical engineer out that and design a device to use the same plug to power your house.

cyberslacker

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, eagerly awaiting my Cybertruck
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
Country flag
No judgment, I placed a reservation for the Ford F150 Lightning as well. I need a truck and I am hedging my bets. We don't have a final design for either one and the fact is, the prices are not fixed for either one. At least you are forward-thinking about getting an Electric Pickup.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
In 2 days, I have had more contact with Ford than my entire reservation timeline with Tesla [Reserved at launch]. I have a representative, dealership, and production timeline. +1 for Ford customer service.

I am still a fanboy, picked the more practical option for my family. Can't wait to do a weekend truck swap with one of you!
I made a reservation too, just in case my CyberTruck reservation took too long. My Ford dealer called me the next day. Unfortunately, they also told me that regardless of the reservation, they “weren’t sure yet how much EXTRA they would be charging ABOVE STICKER”.

That’s what brought me back to reality and reminded me why I HATE dealers. I’ve paid above list twice for the privilege of getting a hard to get model.

It’s hard enough sorting through endless “packages” of options finding a combination of stuff you want, mixed with stuff you don’t. Paying above sticker for just the right to buy is the final straw.

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I made a reservation too, just in case my CyberTruck reservation took too long. My Ford dealer called me the next day. Unfortunately, they also told me that regardless of the reservation, they “weren’t sure yet how much EXTRA they would be charging ABOVE STICKER”.

That’s what brought me back to reality and reminded me why I HATE dealers. I’ve paid above list twice for the privilege of getting a hard to get model.

It’s hard enough sorting through endless “packages” of options finding a combination of stuff you want, mixed with stuff you don’t. Paying above sticker for just the right to buy is the final straw.
Musk, electric cars, and the internet have turned car dealerships into albatrosses for the automotive industry.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
dont forget, no super charging network, and oh yea the 4 wheel steering

simonizr

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y
Occupation
Retired LEO
Country flag
I tried butt stuff before, didn’t like it! Cyber truck is not butt stuff. Ford is ? butt stuff. Enjoy with a friend.

dkositsky

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Realestaye management
Country flag
I've preordered both CT and Lightning, and I'll most likely be going with CT in the end because of what you wrote. At this point, CT is the better bang for your buck.
Well let us say that the one true big plus of the Ford will be vehicle to home powering. It will becthe one thing that I would have hoped tesla would adopt in their vehicles.

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Inspector
Country flag
Just traded off a 21 powerboost with nothing but mechanical issues and software issues. Mach E is having plenty of issues and latest software update is making car un drivable with long wait for fixes from Ford.
After my nightmare with just the powerboost I can't imagine what a disaster the lightning will be!

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Well let us say that the one true big plus of the Ford will be vehicle to home powering. It will becthe one thing that I would have hoped tesla would adopt in their vehicles.
The Ford powering house is NOT included on the $40K Lightning Pro. The $40K Lightning Pro does not even have one 240V outlet. To power house with Lightning you need at least the XL+ trim level at maybe $55K.

The $40K 250mi single motor Cybertruck that has a 240V outlet and some 120V outlets that can be used with for extension cords to refrigerator, a few lights, phone chargers, AND home 240V A/C or area space heater or water heater.
The $40K 250mi single motor dent/scratch resistant cold-rolled stainless steel armor-glass 6.5ft-bed Cybertruck can power much more stuff than $40K 230mi dentable/scratchable aluminum 5.5ft-bed F-150 Lightning Pro.
Sponsored

Last edited: