I have a ton of early Cybertruck reservations and want to partner up for a business

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
PE compression.
Tesla has more PE to compress than its contemporaries, so our impact could/should grade worse than others.

And here we are, our forward PE is now almost half of our trailing PE.

And Forward PE next year will IMO at least halve again on current.

Goodness me..... I have money coming Mid December, I had no idea I would be in the running for other low buy....

Talk about crazy, I've kept my fingers crossed for lingering recession.
Sponsored

shilvock22

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Speculation by many is they won't be catering to vehicle scalpers - heads up. Your 30 pre orders will not get filled at once, and I'd be willing to bet they even go as far as canceling your existing reservations when they find you're selling trucks above market.

Can we for once not try gaming a release? Like $800 PlayStation's is one thing but exploiting people by $25k on a truck you have no sound like you have no business buying in the first place... Come on.

That being said, I'll take one of your early pre orders. Well-wishes. But for real, do not be that guy...
We all want to live in a free market society until it doesn't suit us or we become too jealous of someone with better entrepreneurial instincts than us! I think you should sell them for whatever you can get for them.....that's what Tesla does with it's constant price changes.

shilvock22

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
In some/many ways I support capitalism, but I do not support or even like hearing about greed, especially if it will hurt the chances of others getting a truck they need. I say put anyone with more than one reservation at the end of the line (no matter how long the line gets) ‘and’ prohibit reselling. That way you can still ‘capitalize’ but only after the people who want to own and use one get theirs.
Do you complain just as loudly when Tesla does this themselves? They change prices all the time in response to demand. Are you as actively protesting dealerships that do the same thing? This guy is basically just acting as the dealership that is missing in the Tesla supply chain. Welcome to America, capitalism and entrepreneurship! By the way, no one "Needs" a cybertruck....there's plenty of other trucks not affected by what this guy is doing if someone has a true need for a truck.

Usachris

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey everybody, the Cybertruck season is getting near, and I'm moving into the potential of putting these beautiful trucks out onto the road as a business.

I would be served best with partnering, as there's so many aspects to this operation.

Is anyone interested? And/or, does anyone know of a forum for people like me to connect w each other?

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
How many reservations do you have?
I would think they would look out for that and prohibit EXACTLY what you are trying to do... so that guys like me can get on in a fair amount of time.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Because renting Corollas for $50/day to people in that demographic is a lot less profitable and more annoying than renting a high end vehicle for $700 to that driver demographic. (That's the price to rent a Hummer EV right now, I didn't make it up.)

cyberboi

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
turbo
Country flag
In what name did you make the reservations? Your own or business?

I'm not sure how they will treat "fleet buyers" in general though, I'm thinking they won't assign all of the orders straight away. That then leaves the question of how to make them profitable as a business. Selling them is out, and renting or Ubering them might work. Not sure what qualities would set them apart in the rent a truck market that is worth the premium, except for novelty and performance.

Personally my focus has been on using it myself.
How is selling them out? He can say he's going to create a "fleet" and then once he actually buys them, can say "oops, my plans changed, I have to sell them".

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Do you complain just as loudly when Tesla does this themselves? They change prices all the time in response to demand. Are you as actively protesting dealerships that do the same thing? This guy is basically just acting as the dealership that is missing in the Tesla supply chain. Welcome to America, capitalism and entrepreneurship! By the way, no one "Needs" a cybertruck....there's plenty of other trucks not affected by what this guy is doing if someone has a true need for a truck.
I have never heard of Tesla changing prices in response to demand, per se, but they have changed prices in response to other market conditions such as inflation or supply-chain issues. For example, they increased prices to reduce demand since they cannot keep up with demand and thus they cannot guarantee the price they quote out as far as the demand takes them, so that increase accommodates price uncertainty. Your statement makes them out to be money-grubbing like legacy automakers. The difference, as Tesla puts it and is oft said on this forum, is that Tesla's goal is to keep prices as low as possible and that runs contrary to the assumption that they raise prices to make more money.

In the end, you are entitled to your opinion and position, and I to mine. I wasn't expecting to make any friends when I expressed my view, but I felt compelled to do so none the less.

papajamaliciousness

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Subaru Outback
Occupation
lawyer
Country flag
Hey everybody, the Cybertruck season is getting near, and I'm moving into the potential of putting these beautiful trucks out onto the road as a business.

I would be served best with partnering, as there's so many aspects to this operation.

Is anyone interested? And/or, does anyone know of a forum for people like me to connect w each other?
I'm not really sure why you're getting so much hate. Seems like not everybody's 100% onboard with capitalism here... :) I have no problem with you putting your cars on Turo or whatever secondary rental market. Provided you're paying for them and want to use them to make a business then as far as I'm concerned you're probably making the world a better place and God bless you for it, that's a pretty good business model and you'll be the first. Hertz might not be far behind and they're probably going to eat your lunch and dinner when they buy 10,000 Cybertrucks. But I hope you can make a good business out of it, and certainly you will be providing a wonderful service to your customers by giving them a chance to drive a Cybertruck for less than the price of a full blown Cybertruck.

I in turn am going to get some hate by saying that I really am not fully believing that full self driving will be working in the next five years and you could probably save a lot of money by ditching that option on your trucks. I know, it's a lottery and maybe you win. But I saw one of the recent betas by Tesla Daily and the feeling I got from watching it was that fully working FSD is 5 years away. I believe someone else will come up with an alternate scheme for FSD that will not require video uploads of literally millions of cars. When I was 16 I didn't need millions of years of collective hive-mind experience to do all the crap necessary to get a license so I just have not bought into the idea that Tesla's manner of achieving FSD is the only way. I do agree every car will have it in 20 years. Don't agree you need Tesla's approach to get it done. Obviously I could be wrong and I am completely aware that Elon is a lot smarter than me and all that.

Could you please explain why you need help? I've never put a car on Turo but it almost seems like if you registered 20 or 30 Cybertrucks on Turo they would be doing all the heavy lifting for you. I have a couple ideas that I suspect you have already also had. Anyway I'm interested, I like your business model, and unlike some other people I don't think your idea is inherently evil haha. Am curious what kind of help you want.

In any event if I don't help you in any way I wish you luck and think it's a great entrepreneurial idea and I hope it works out great for all concerned including you of course.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
We all want to live in a free market society until it doesn't suit us or we become too jealous of someone with better entrepreneurial instincts than us! I think you should sell them for whatever you can get for them.....that's what Tesla does with it's constant price changes.
There's literal laws against gouging people however, that isn't entrepreneurism. I own several business', I couldn't imagine being caught dead gouging people with vehicles I can't actually allocate funding to cover.

Thats dumb.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Could you please explain why you need help?
Not the OP here, but just guessing that he’s looking for investors. Buying 5-10 new trucks is going to require a bunch of cash. Interest rates are rising fast and getting a small business loan when you need $600,000+ in capital for inventory is going to be a big ask. Plus space to park and charge them, etc.

shilvock22

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
There's literal laws against gouging people however, that isn't entrepreneurism. I own several business', I couldn't imagine being caught dead gouging people with vehicles I can't actually allocate funding to cover.

Thats dumb.
show me the law that prohibits this in conditions that don't include emergency scenarios or disasters. Do you know that dealerships charge double for popular models at times? How is that different?

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
show me the law that prohibits this in conditions that don't include emergency scenarios or disasters. Do you know that dealerships charge double for popular models at times? How is that different?
Sure, fair point. Still might wanna have square one(capital allocation) before you get all trigger happy as a flipper lol

papajamaliciousness

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Subaru Outback
Occupation
lawyer
Country flag

Thats dumb.
He did say explicitly that he no longer plans to resell the vehicles... He did not say that he wants funding. Yes potentially that is what he wants but until he says that maybe we could just dial back our assumptions. Respectfully... I'm not sure it's fair to judge him based on our assumptions rather than his actual statements.

shilvock22

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
How many reservations do you have?
I would think they would look out for that and prohibit EXACTLY what you are trying to do... so that guys like me can get on in a fair amount of time.
The line is the line, businesses are going to buy these and if you were late to the reservation party then you're just going to have to wait. It's not their fault, you don't get to cut just because you don't like who reserved faster than you.
Sponsored