I viewed the Cybertruck today - MUST SEE IN PERSON!!!

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Hello fellow Cybertruck people.

My wife and I visited the Irvine, CA Tesla store today to view the production CT in person. Our timing was perfect as there were only a few people in the showroom. I wanted to see one in the flesh before Tesla yanked it.

I was VERY impressed with the production Cybertruck styling. It looks so much better in person than all of the 2D photos and videos depict. This is coming from someone who went to see the concept Cybertruck in person when it was at the Peterson Museum.

My wife? She still thinks the CT is UGLY. She doesnā€™t understand why I would want to own such a radically styled vehicle. Another couples wife in the showroom felt the same way.

My first impressions after viewing the truck for about 15 minutes;
-The proportions are nearly perfect to my eyes. Tesla sweated over every exterior detail and it shows. I really like the stubbier front end appearance. It looks so much better than the concept truck
-The 35ā€ tires are enormous
-You would never guess that the CT is 1 foot shorter than an F150. Itā€™s almost an optical illusion
-The SS exterior is going to be a fingerprint magnet. Every person who pops the door will leave fingerprints after climbing in
-The enormous wiper looked normal on the gargantuan windshield
-Panel fitment was ALMOST perfect. A slightly misaligned rear passenger door kept me from giving the display CT a near perfect ā€œPorsche likeā€œ QC rating
-The wheel covers look fantastic
-The LED running light in the frunk is super bright

I highly recommend that all reservation holders take some time to visit a Tesla showroom if they have a CT on display.

Here are some photos I took while visiting today. The closeup pic shows the slight misalignment with the rear passenger door.

Tesla Cybertruck I viewed the Cybertruck today - MUST SEE IN PERSON!!! FC524133-D8C1-468E-89F8-9189F0508592
Tesla Cybertruck I viewed the Cybertruck today - MUST SEE IN PERSON!!! 08B28944-8463-4CA4-9945-49F8B6C4C20E
Tesla Cybertruck I viewed the Cybertruck today - MUST SEE IN PERSON!!! 9C5D29F0-A0D7-4CE4-9EEB-37B246A9743B
Tesla Cybertruck I viewed the Cybertruck today - MUST SEE IN PERSON!!! C2C9CDCE-8328-4190-8F10-8DE6440E80A9
Tesla Cybertruck I viewed the Cybertruck today - MUST SEE IN PERSON!!! F411A1B7-59A7-4E2B-92AE-C677D7BD3A85
Sponsored

Last edited:

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have not seen a CT in person yet and will not be going to a showroom. Either i spot it out in the wild or when my # comes up. I have already decided to go thru with the purchase and really, it's just something to look forward to while it hasn't yet happened.

I love the CT but i hope it does not set a trend in automotive styling. Its great for what it is as a one off but would hate it if it was copied over and over with other models

To me the styling is too apocalyptic and harsh. It has a military vehicle vibe. Like how vehicles have been made to look more and more angry with headlight design manipulation. Ct design brings that trend to new heights and paints a dim madmax world future. Its no wonder people fantasize about installing turrets on them. I can't remember any vehicle prior that evoked that response.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
My wife and I visited the Irvine, CA Tesla store today to view the production CT in person. Our timing was perfect as there were only a few people in the showroom. I wanted to see one in the flesh before Tesla yanked it.

I was VERY impressed with the production Cybertruck styling. It looks so much better in person than all of the 2D photos and videos depict. This is coming from someone who went to see the concept Cybertruck in person when it was at the Peterson Museum.

My wife? She still thinks the CT is UGLY! She doesnā€™t understand how I am obsessed with the truck. Another couples wife in the showroom felt the same way.

I highly recommend that all reservation holders take some time to visit a Tesla showroom if they have a CT on display.

-The proportions are nearly perfect to my eyes. Tesla sweated over every exterior detail and it shows. I really like the stubbier front end appearance. It looks so much better than the concept truck
-You would never guess that the CT is 1 foot shorter than an F150. Itā€™s almost an optical illusion
-The SS exterior is going to be a fingerprint magnet. Every person who pops the door will leave fingerprints after climbing in
-Panel fitment was ALMOST perfect. A slightly misaligned rear passenger door kept me from giving the display CT a near perfect ā€œPorsche likeā€œ QC rating
-The LED running light in the frunk is super bright. It really adds a futuristic look to the vehicle
-The CT looks so futuristic that I predict it will set off a new styling trend in the automotive industry
-I fully agree with Teslaā€™s decision not to install any badges or emblems on the exterior. Itā€˜s such an iconic vehicle it doesnā€™t need any

I canā€˜t wait for my ā€œconfigure your Cybertruckā€ e-mail from Tesla. The truck is going to make every pickup truck on the road look like a Model T.

Here are some photos I took while visiting today. The closeup pic shows the slight misalignment with the rear passenger door.

FC524133-D8C1-468E-89F8-9189F0508592.jpeg
08B28944-8463-4CA4-9945-49F8B6C4C20E.jpeg
9C5D29F0-A0D7-4CE4-9EEB-37B246A9743B.jpeg
C2C9CDCE-8328-4190-8F10-8DE6440E80A9.jpeg
F411A1B7-59A7-4E2B-92AE-C677D7BD3A85.jpeg
Breaking news - wife and husbandā€™s first exposure to the CT in person. šŸ˜‰šŸ˜†
But all seriousness, I had the same reaction.
Itā€™s so weird that it is like that. Ha

Wildfortune

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Tri-motor C/T to replace my Ford Edge
Occupation
Retired to a Hobby Farm
Country flag

My wife? She still thinks the CT is UGLY. She doesnā€™t understand why I would want to own such a radically styled vehicle. Another couples wife in the showroom felt the same way.

-The LED running light in the frunk is super bright. It really adds a futuristic look to the vehicle
-The CT looks so futuristic that I predict it will set off a new styling trend in the automotive industry
-I fully agree with Teslaā€™s decision not to install any badges or emblems on the exterior. Itā€˜s such an iconic vehicle it doesnā€™t need any

I canā€˜t wait for my ā€œconfigure your Cybertruckā€ e-mail from Tesla. The truck is going to make every pickup truck on the road look like a Model T.

C2C9CDCE-8328-4190-8F10-8DE6440E80A9.jpeg
F411A1B7-59A7-4E2B-92AE-C677D7BD3A85.jpeg
Interesting. It looks like the bend lines are off because the panel edges line up. If you raised the panel to match the bend lines, the whole panel would be too high.
They did say it was going to be hard to build the CT out of stainless

C3y3ber

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S 100D
Country flag
I agree. Just visited Troy MI and can't explain it but looked perfect in person. Personally think it looks compact from what I was thinking it was going to be.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
She needs to convince mine. Wifey said she would be embarrassed to ride in it. Thatā€˜s OK, I like driving solo anywayšŸ˜
My wife also thinks itā€™s ugly and doesnā€™t want to drive it because sheā€™s worried about curb rash lol. I told her the 35ā€™s are taller than the curb and it has wheel covers. Sheā€™s preparing herself to be seen in it. Canā€™t avoid it at this point because EVERY family trip is gonna be in it.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
I should make some time to see it. One is allegedly down the street from me.

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Please share your first impressions.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
My wife thinks it's gorgeous! lol. We can't wait to get one.
Currently with a Model 3 and a Model Y, the Model 3 gets traded for the Cybertruck.
Already ordered, one is getting close.

I asked the wife, "Are we going to be a two Cybertruck family" I could see the grin starting.

She and I both made a reservation during minute one at the announcement, most to make sure that we could get at least one reservation in the early part of the queue.

Her statement as Elon brought the truck out on the floor, just as suspect many people's were
"Is this a joke?"

Definitely polarizing.

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Like many others I thought to myself, when are they going to roll the real Cybertruck concept on stage?

I hesitated to order until day 2 because I thought the styling was too radical and polarizing. Now I find the trucks styling very attractive and futuristic.

I love how Teslaā€˜s production cars are 95% similar to the concept vehicle.

concept truck
Tesla Cybertruck I viewed the Cybertruck today - MUST SEE IN PERSON!!! 9B3376DF-1BEC-42A3-A365-B7B98844DD78

production truck
Tesla Cybertruck I viewed the Cybertruck today - MUST SEE IN PERSON!!! 514EFC08-E559-40FE-8F91-F9B1876BE535
Sponsored

Last edited: