Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person

Deleted member 3316

The angle of view could accentuate the gap.

If it does happen at all....
If the Sail panel slightly extends beyond the bottom panel just by a tiny fraction, when viewed from a normal standing position, they gap would be hardly noticeable compared by looking up from ground-level.
In a lot of shots it’s completely invisible.
Sponsored

bjewell2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor AWD FSD
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I am in the room

8150AEB0-E3CB-4176-AB4E-A2BBAB36A735.jpeg
I ran in to SparkChaser at the Petersen museum. I can attest he had a good camera was getting hundreds of photos. It’ll likely take him a few days to get back to a computer and upload them. Good seeing a fellow Cybertruck enthusiast and an up close look at the OG!
Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person BE3C18FF-2BC6-44A7-A68A-ABC30CC0606E
Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person 09796BDC-3927-40AC-9EA1-C40DAD79E267
Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person 47623E80-743A-43CE-BD85-4F3444C6B671

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Thanks for the pics bjewel. The truck looks tall next to you. Are you 6' or taller? Any impressions or takeaways from seeing it up close?

OP
OP
SparkChaser

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I ran in to SparkChaser at the Petersen museum. I can attest he had a good camera was getting hundreds of photos. It’ll likely take him a few days to get back to a computer and upload them. Good seeing a fellow Cybertruck enthusiast and an up close look at the OG!
BE3C18FF-2BC6-44A7-A68A-ABC30CC0606E.jpeg
09796BDC-3927-40AC-9EA1-C40DAD79E267.jpeg
47623E80-743A-43CE-BD85-4F3444C6B671.jpeg
Great to meet you, Yes I am working thru the phots and hopeful can send then out this weekend.

bjewell2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor AWD FSD
Occupation
Military
Country flag
looks like they also had the display set up for the cyber quad, so the truck is in its ramp-down ‘piggyback’ position - front raised to max, rear squatted down to max
Yes, the front was maxed, back lowest for “ramp mode” or whatever you want to call it.
As other forum members have stated, I think it does look even better in person than in 2-D pictures/videos. When you get up close, you can tell it’s a concept vehicle with rough finishes, but that’s to be expected with a one-off hand made vehicle to illustrate a concept. Many concept vehicles at Petersen and other museums I’ve noticed that as well.

To answer the first question, I’m 5’9”. I can tell it’s a little wider than a typical full size truck, but otherwise the scale is the same as most 1/2 ton pickups. I drove a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado extended cab 6.5’ bed for over 10 years, and currently have a 2019 Toyota Tundra crew cab 5.5’ bed. The OG Cybertruck seems on par with their dimensions, except a little wider. The production Cybertruck should be about the same dimensions as my previous and current truck.
While it doesn’t fit the traditional look of a truck, I honestly think it will prove to be better than the average half ton pickup at doing 99.9% of typical truck stuff. I’ve been doing“truck stuff” most of my adult life. I worked full time construction all through college and am always doing renovations and projects on my own home. I am regularly out on the weekends to camp/hunt/fish/outdoors. I occasionally tow a small utility trailer for yard work or hauling my 4x4 UTV to the mountains.
I always hate feeling likeI need to baby my tundra to keep from scratching/denting the body, dirt/sand/whatever 3kids do to interior, etc… and 12.5mpg with 36gal tank is no fun. I can’t wait to have a BEV utilitarian truck!

OP
OP
SparkChaser

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
The stance or bulk of it makes it feel really wide and like a bulldog with wide shoulders. Th Being that close, I really leaned in, was great and so thrilling. I agree the downslope of the front also give the tank feel of sloped armor. The overall feel of the CT was great, and it will not be even harder to wait for my number. Over 400k in line. I recommend the Peterson and the Inside Tesla display was really great. bits of Boring Company and Space X but good exploded examples of the S E X Y. Not nearly enough for me but a good sampling.

Deleted member 3316

The overall feel of the CT was great, and it will not be even harder to wait for my number. Over 400k in line.
😭 imagine being sub 100k but in the wrong country…🥹 at least I won’t have endure the turmoil of watching them drive past me for months.

OP
OP
SparkChaser

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
CyberTruck Original Prototype
Lots more
If you want the full set of CT and the Peterson Picks Let me know how you want them delivered.

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2783.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2784.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2794.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2796.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2803.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2804.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2904.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2910.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2913.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2913.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2914.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2915.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2916.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2917.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2922.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2945.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2948.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2953.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2953.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2954.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2783.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2859.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2886.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2914.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2917.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2943.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2945.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2948.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2951.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2952.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2954.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person IMG_2955.JPG

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I love how Tesla concept vehicles look 95% similar to the production units.

For example, the Hyundai Ionic 6 concept looks quite different from the production vehicle.

Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person F92BD489-C134-4BE3-A035-B64D82EFC3CE
Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person 09825A96-2390-4486-B388-909A135A4051
Tesla Cybertruck Going to the Peterson next week. So excited to see a CT in person 4810737C-389D-4744-A4C9-AEA2D819B9DE