g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Officially 150% on site!

Sponsored

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My Friday morning hot take: Greg got his Twitter account suspended for his Pump ‘n Dump TSLA stock scam with the GigaPress.

I am shocked.

Tesla Cybertruck IDRA 9K Giga Press Parts Spotted inside Giga Texas! [Updated 1/11/23 with new pics] 1673023035900

EDIT: Clearly a temporary Ban ;)

EDIT EDIT: I Know. Don’t need to correct me.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The IDRA delivery is great, great news! I am sure that we will now see the other trucks arrive very soon, but these may be enough to start the assembly. I am not certain whether either of these is the base.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Officially 150% on site!

I do not know what you mean by 150% on site but we should all be relieved that these 2/3 trucks have arrived. Many more probably needed to round out the rest of the gigapress but they must be close by now.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
This is rad (now that the embed is working). Totally looks like a second GP and the first isn’t even completed. Clearly they are not Futzing around.
This is most likely the first one, as the base and other parts for the first were never delivered (and is why they haven't begun assembly yet). The second one is probably being disassembled and packed for shipment and might not show up for months.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This is most likely the first one, as the base and other parts for the first were never delivered (and is why they haven't begun assembly yet). The second one is probably being disassembled and packed for shipment and might not show up for months.
Could be.

Particularly since they haven’t really started assembling the first yet. But there were a lot of parts there already. Speaks to how big these are.

Honestly it doesn’t matter to me one way or the other the Gigapress is on site and unlikely to be the choke point early in production even if they need to use one to make 2 different castings. If they need to 9k Ton presses, they probably won’t need the second until 2024 when production gets up over 3,000 units a week.

If they do install 2 immediately, to me that’s a signal they are going to try and absolutely smash ramp speed and early deliveries.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
I do not know what you mean by 150% on site but we should all be relieved that these 2/3 trucks have arrived. Many more probably needed to round out the rest of the gigapress but they must be close by now.
I mean I have gotten a lot of flack for crying wolf on 9T press whereabouts. It's verifiably literally THERE.

(although it always has been, in my opinion.. They have a holding yard somewhere I'd bet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Nah, it’s just me… being an ass like normal.
I'm just glad we got a big truckload of trucknology this morning!

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Awesome new news! I would think they should start installing this monster by end of the month. Maybe take about a 75 days to complete install...test bodies by end of March.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Awesome new news! I would think they should start installing this monster by end of the month. Maybe take about a 75 days to complete install...test bodies by end of March.
It takes about 1 month to assemble the Gigapress. We might see those test bodies by mid-February. ;)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Are those red wrapped rolls coils of stainless steel?

1673032603017.png
Joe has been identifying all of these as vents and hvac related. Remember, this is a loading platform for the paint factory. Rolls of stainless would be delivered to the stamping area on the south end of the factory.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Joe has been identifying all of these as vents and hvac related. Remember, this is a loading platform for the paint factory. Rolls of stainless would be delivered to the stamping area on the south end of the factory.
Thanks. That makes sense.

Would the rolls would be delivered to the stamping area though? Not suggesting Joe is wrong, just kind of wondering where they would end up.
Sponsored