Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Thanks. That makes sense.

Would the rolls would be delivered to the stamping area though? Not suggesting Joe is wrong, just kind of wondering where they would end up.
They would go to the new stamping area which is expected to be where the Cybertruck exoskeleton will be made. That is on the south end, middle, but they are still working on installing machines there and are probably not ready for testing. Aluminum used to make body panels is delivered to the SE corner of the stamping area. Aluminum ingots used for the gigapresses are delivered to the NE corner.

One way or another rolls of SS or aluminum would not be delivered to a north platform.

As for the red plastic covered items there have been many pics and videos showing that they are coverings for ductwork. There is a large collection of them on the ground below the platform.
Sponsored

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
They would go to the new stamping area which is expected to be where the Cybertruck exoskeleton will be made. That is on the south end, middle, but they are still working on installing machines there and are probably not ready for testing. Aluminum used to make body panels is delivered to the SE corner of the stamping area. Aluminum ingots used for the gigapresses are delivered to the NE corner.

One way or another rolls of SS or aluminum would not be delivered to a north platform.

As for the red plastic covered items there have been many pics and videos showing that they are coverings for ductwork. There is a large collection of them on the ground below the platform.
I have to chuckle when I read comments from trolls on social media that the "Cybertruck is vaporware"," just a concept", "will not be built anytime soon", etc. when meanwhile we track and scrutinize deliveries and know where the go in this massive factory.

LOL

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
More deliveries from Brads video! The sheer SIZE of these deliveries... This has to be base structure.. MAN!
Tesla Cybertruck IDRA 9K Giga Press Parts Spotted inside Giga Texas! [Updated 1/11/23 with new pics] 1673052304342

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
More deliveries from Brads video! The sheer SIZE of these deliveries... This has to be base structure.. MAN!
1673052304342.jpeg
The spec sheet that was posted a week or so ago says that the 9K ton gigapress is 80 feet long. I do not recall how wide. So we are looking for something about that long and 20 to 30 feet wide. I’ll try to find the spec sheet and update this post.

From the spec sheet, the platens are 12 ft in both length and width, and the overall dimensions are (in meters): 26xx8.4x7.7, and in feet: 92x28x25.

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Are those red wrapped rolls coils of stainless steel?

1673032603017.png
If they are, my first thought is worker safety. Those rolls would be heavy.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
The spec sheet that was posted a week or so ago says that the 9K ton gigapress is 80 feet long. I do not recall how wide. So we are looking for something about that long and 20 to 30 feet wide. I’ll try to find the spec sheet and update this post.

From the spec sheet, the platens are 12 ft in both length and width, and the overall dimensions are (in meters): 26xx8.4x7.7, and in feet: 92x28x25.
The base is several broken up pieces. You don’t think they’re shipping one single 80’ long piece do you?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The base is several broken up pieces. You don’t think they’re shipping one single 80’ long piece do you?
Yes, I did, because I do not recall earlier castings having bases in multiple pieces, but maybe there were. We saw 4 deliveries today, and we may have missed some, and there may be more. We will probably see assembly begin very soon.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Are those red wrapped rolls coils of stainless steel?

1673032603017.png
All that other stuff on the ground is duct work. Those look like they are probably sections of duct, probably with rings on the ends to attach them to each other. Duct is usually one layer thick so substantially less weight than SS coils. They were probably wrapped to keep the inside clean, and then sliced so they could be put straps through them for the crane lift. They also look a little too long to be a roll/coil.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Yes, I did, because I do not recall earlier castings having bases in multiple pieces, but maybe there were. We saw 4 deliveries today, and we may have missed some, and there may be more. We will probably see assembly begin very soon.
I don’t believe one singular piece is the base, it’s nearly impossible to freight that. I mean, you could… but. Tremendous insane levels of work.

Gigapress’ are dozens of crates. But maybe I’m wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I don’t believe one singular piece is the base, it’s nearly impossible to freight that. I mean, you could… but. Tremendous insane levels of work.

Gigapress’ are dozens of crates. But maybe I’m wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The whole press is many crates, yes. IDRA and experience tell us that. I was only talking about the base, but if you have evidence that it comes in sections I can live with that.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I have to chuckle when I read comments from trolls on social media that the "Cybertruck is vaporware"," just a concept", "will not be built anytime soon", etc. when meanwhile we track and scrutinize deliveries and know where the go in this massive factory.

LOL
Basically an IQ test, it's the surefire way to know if you're dealing with an idiot.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
The whole press is many crates, yes. IDRA and experience tell us that. I was only talking about the base, but if you have evidence that it comes in sections I can live with that.
Will see what I can find! I know back in 2021 before the walls were up in press area, you could see building daily going down! Was cool! This will be less exciting, but more dramatic as Jeff seems no more on droneing(no videos 2 weeks) and so we only get Joe's every other video and once every other weeks in the window look. Although, I could see press progress being more interesting and having him peak to windows more often.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Basically an IQ test, it's the surefire way to know if you're dealing with an idiot.
One of the guys I deal with on another forum is a huge GM fan and was bagging on the Cybertruck delay.

GM produced ** 850 ** Hummers last year. So I had to point out that the reason the Cybertruck was delayed was the same reason GM only produced 850 Hummers. Tesla just saved themselves millions of dollars by not playing the “I built a factory but don’t have the materials to build cars” game GM played.
Sponsored