Cybertruck is MID"SIZE" pickup truck, prove me wrong....!!!

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
From the recent alpha prototypes it is clear that Cyber truck downsized to Midsize category putting it in competition directly with the Rivian R1T.

Midsize comparison is by overall dimension and not by towing / payload number which I think might drop from original release.

I have attached pictures of the Truck in comparison.

Rivian vs F150 Lightning

Rivian vs Cybertruck

Cybertruck vs Tacoma

rivf150.PNG

rivcybtrk.PNG

cybrtaco.PNG
I don't care.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
exterior dimensions are really irrelevant at this point

in terms of understanding where CT sizing is relative to traditional ā€œfull sizedā€ vs traditional ā€œmidsized,ā€ the question will be: where does it differentiate between eg:

ā€¢ a crewcabbTacoma with 6ā€™ bed, vs

ā€¢ a crew cab 250 with 6.5ā€™ bed

viewed that way, the remaining relevance becomes clear: what is the CTā€™s interior room?

If itā€™s more like a Tacoma, itā€™s more like a mid-size

if itā€™s more like an F150 (identical cab to 250), then itā€™s more like a ful-sized

personally, I feel Tesla has been signaling the answer is: ā€œitā€™s ā€œGoldilocksā€ size, plus a lot of compelling differentiators: itā€™s a bit bigger exterior and interior dimensions than midsize, but just as maneuverable; itā€™s a bit smaller in exterior and interior than full sized, but more maneuverable and equal cargo spaceā€

put differently, tesla may be suggesting that the ideal full size truck in utility, can be a bit smaller than the typical full size truck in dimensions, especially if you offer enough value that people will except some attrition in the full-size truck interior space war

Ithink theyā€™re spot on

Last edited:

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
exterior dimensions are really irrelevant at this point

in terms of understanding where CT sizing is relative to traditional ā€œfull sizedā€ vs traditional ā€œmidsized,ā€ the question will be: where does it differentiate between eg:

ā€¢ a crewcabbTacoma with 6ā€™ bed, vs

ā€¢ a crew cab 250 with 6.5ā€™ bed

viewed that way, the remaining relevance becomes clear: what is the CTā€™s interior room?

If itā€™s more like a Tacoma, itā€™s more like a mid-size

if itā€™s more like an F150 (identical cab to 250), then itā€™s more like a ful-sized

personally, I feel Tesla has been signaling the answer is: ā€œitā€™s ā€œGoldilocksā€ size, plus a lot of compelling differentiators: itā€™s a bit bigger exterior and interior dimensions than midsize, but just as maneuverable; itā€™s a bit smaller in exterior and interior than full sized, but more maneuverable and equal cargo spaceā€

put differently, tesla may be suggesting that the ideal full size truck in utility, can be a bit smaller than the typical full size truck in dimensions, especially if you offer enough value that people will except some attrition in the full-size truck interior space war

Ithink there spot on
Well said!!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
not for me, but I think your preferences are also widespread

I greatly enjoy the rear space (which itself is cargo room), and I donā€™t carry long things that are light (eg boards) I carry heavy things (eg stone and gravel) - so payload is alway the limiting factor, not bed volume

and rear seat room is also cargo room

but we all have our things!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
A vaulted roof, deep dash, huge windshield will make sitting in the front (at least) feel more spacious. imo

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From the recent alpha prototypes it is clear that Cyber truck downsized to Midsize category putting it in competition directly with the Rivian R1T.

Midsize comparison is by overall dimension and not by towing / payload number which I think might drop from original release.

I have attached pictures of the Truck in comparison.

Rivian vs F150 Lightning

Rivian vs Cybertruck

Cybertruck vs Tacoma

rivf150.PNG

rivcybtrk.PNG

cybrtaco.PNG
So my garage issue resolved by itself. As long as it's a lot roomier than my M3, I'm happy. Count down can start now for 2 1/2 years til I get my CT. šŸ¤£ šŸ˜‚

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Think we have been relying on chickens as a measure tool for far too long, as everyoneā€™s definition of chicken varies as the concept of the distinction of the mid-full size pickup.