If Quad Motor Cybertruck is $89,900, are you still in?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Good to know. Very stupid. Less people is better in many scenarios. Less finger pointing.
Not generally in a startup situation when everything hasn't been created yet.

There's a reason there are less people in your house today than the days it was being built.

-Crissa
Sponsored

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
This is kind of weird to think about. Would you go to a regular dealer and tell them how much more you'd be willing to pay for a vehicle that you've already agreed to a price on? I know... this is not a dealership. But, what if... just what if... Elon ran across polls like this and said "Hey, it looks like most people are okay with a higher price and they even expect it."?
I'd rather him run across statements like "See how Rivian tried to raise the prices on their most loyal fans? Tesla would never do that. Elon would rather see the company lose money on the first bunch of Cybertrucks than deal with all the bad press."

Of course, that probably won't happen and it wouldn't matter either way. I'd love if Tesla stuck by their guns but I would not be surprised if the price stuck with inflation...

My congonculator says inflation has gone up 12.46% since 2019. That means the truck I reserved for $69,900 would now sell for $78,607. I wouldn't feel too bad about that. (Actually, I ordered mine in 2020 for $69,900 so it would be $77,649 right now.) I expect Tesla to honor my FSD price of $7,000 though as the costs for that are intangible.
You would think though that Tesla would take into account inflation when pricing the vehicles. Yes, perhaps they wouldn't have predicted it to be at the rate it is, but still, they should have factored in something.

They could instead protect their profit margins by offering additional features, optional upgrades etc. I could probably be convinced to throw in a quad bike purchase, super cool camping accessories, terrain scouting drone launched from the bed and so on. I could be convinced to spend some money on a Software upgrade that gave me quicker 0-60, some super cool crawling mode, extra games, a CT launch edition UI, special seat stitching, a customized version of Cyberpunk and a two controllers and so on. Convinced me to part with my money the traditional way, by selling me more cool stuff with some outrageous profit margins. LOL

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Not generally in a startup situation when everything hasn't been created yet.

There's a reason there are less people in your house today than the days it was being built.

-Crissa
I am still not buying the need for 9000 people 6 months pre launch. They raised $XX Billion and are being reckless. I could understand investors wanting to see people working for their investments, but to hire a ton of people just to prove payroll is dumb. 8 facilities is dumb. Engineering and manufacturing in different states is dumb. IDK maybe smart people want to avoid Normal Indiana?

These are WAG but I would have a hard time justifying 1000 let alone 9000. Many jobs/contracts are or should be outsourced as well.

Sure most of the processes are new to Rivian, but they are hardly new.

Supply Chain 100 20 contracts each?
Vehicle Engineering 200
Plant Engineering 100
Construction and land acquisition: 20
Operations and Maintenance 20
HR 6
Legal 8
Accounting 50

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
At the reveal the single motor was $39k, dual was $49k, tri was $69k
Again, forgive me for being pedantic, but reveal prices were: $39,900, $49,900, and $69,900. If you round to the nearest $1000 they would be $40k, $50k and $70K, not $39k, $49k and $69k.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Again, forgive me for being pedantic, but reveal prices were: $39,900, $49,900, and $69,900. If you round to the nearest $1000 they would be $40k, $50k and $70K, not $39k, $49k and $69k.
Fair enough. I was just correcting to the ballpark numbers that were provided by @Halemarine .
BTW, I know you know the 906 area code is not Wisconsin. I take it as an attack against me.
I'm hereby mounting a silent protest against each of your posts until you correct your username/location to be more inline. ;) #yooopersdeservetherespectofnotbeingconfusedwithwisconsiners

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Fair enough. I was just correcting to the ballpark numbers that were provided by @Halemarine .
BTW, I know you know the 906 area code is not Wisconsin. I take it as an attack against me.
I'm hereby mounting a silent protest against each of your posts until you correct your username/location to be more inline. ;) #yooopersdeservetherespectofnotbeingconfusedwithwisconsiners
Lol.
I always thought the 906 was referring to Porsche 906 or AKA Carrera 6 🤷‍♂️

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I'm confused, your username has "yooper" in it, yet your location is "Colorado Springs". I think we're in the same boat.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I'm confused, your username has "yooper" in it, yet your location is "Colorado Springs". I think we're in the same boat.
No sir. One is a nickname given to people born and raised in the U.P. I am a Yooper regardless of where I live today. You on the other hand...what you're doing is just confusing and frankly gross.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
No sir. One is a nickname given to people born and raised in the U.P. I am a Yooper regardless of where I live today. You on the other hand...what you're doing is just confusing and frankly gross.
Are you assuming I was not born and raised in the 906 area code? That assumption would be wrong. I am a Yooper regardless of where I live today also.

If you want to talk yooper stuff please feel free to message me directly eh. Not sure we need to hijack this thread.