If Quad Motor Cybertruck is $89,900, are you still in?

darinduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 P85D Model S; 2001 Silverado 1500
Occupation
Design Director
Country flag
I doubt if they would price a quad-motor option at less than $100,000. I paid $120,000 for my dual-motor Model S in 2015 and I have no regrets. I don't need quad motor in a truck. Dual motor will meet my needs for much less than $100,000. So, yes, I would pay $91K for a quad motor is that's what I wanted.
Sponsored

Bjorneo

First Name
Bjorn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tundra, '15 Forester, '16 Fusion, '87 911 Cab
Occupation
Retired Software Exec
Country flag
I'd say that is comparable to other EV's, so yeah I'm in.

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
For 90k, Im in. I think my upper limit is 105-110k.

DeanD

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corolla
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
👎🏻 i'm in for the dual motor and that price is stretching the limits of what I'm willing to pay for any form of transportation, even a CT.
But more power to those who want more!

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
As there were very few reservations for a single motor CT (less than 10% of reservations), and for that matter there is nothing more useless than a two wheel drive pick up (believe me I have driven them as a teenager). As such I am hoping that they will offer a dual motor, tri motor and quad motor configs. As I only need the 14 K towing capacity I am perfectly happy with the tri motor - which I am hoping will be sold for around 80 k (previously 69 k). This is sufficient for me as I have no need for crab walking or tank turns.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Ticket scalpers will burn in the same circle of hell as short sellers.
I've already expressed my ignorance toward short selling, but does your sentiment here hold true for all cases of short selling? What if Elon was shorting Exxon or BP...especially right after the Exxon Valdez and BP Deep Water Horizon events. Just curious.

Payment Automation

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Hope the price will make a lot of people drop off the reservation list. I am around 1.2 million. Might not see my CT for years :(

Gaston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I've already expressed my ignorance toward short selling, but does your sentiment here hold true for all cases of short selling? What if Elon was shorting Exxon or BP...especially right after the Exxon Valdez and BP Deep Water Horizon events. Just curious.
And then try to work together directly with them on some project at the same time?

Last edited:

Chip Geek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt [CT3] On order: Tesla MS-LR
Country flag
As I've said elsewhere on this forum, my priorities / requirements (in order) are:
1) Range 500+ miles (800+ km) Needed for 1000+ mile road trips with minimal # of stops.
2) delivery date
3) Price

Not important to me:
- Number of motors
- 0-60 time or other performance specs

If Tesla let me totally customize my CT, I'd pick a 2 motor with > 500 miles (the more the better!). Ideally, I'd like a Tesla version of the Chevy Suburban and the CT is the closest thing announced. (Insert RUMOR of large SUV coming "soon" here. ;) )

I was (very) late to the party to order the CT3 so if switching to a CT4 means I get one sooner, I'd pay the extra price. $90k would be a stretch, but I'd do it.

YeahYeahYeah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tundra(sold),02 Subaru Outback,1967 Fastback
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I guess we love to torture ourselves by postulating what the hell Tesla's going to do? I believe there's going to be a price point that will be available for everyone's budget. As much as possible based on the original pricing along with a modest price increase for inflation/blah blah blah.

If a big price increase is coming, Cybertruck and probably most Tesla's are probably not happening for me and a lot of people. The most I spent on a brand new truck in my life was $55,000. So signing up for a tri motor Cybertruck with FSD($76,900) was already stretching it, plus I wanted the solar option. One of the alleged goals was to make it affordable right? So there would be a lot of them out there, and more people would see them in person and say I want one. Thus fueling increasing demand, and getting more and more people into EV's quicker and quicker. The higher the cost or profit taking the less and less that goal is going to be achieved. At $89,900 plus FSD+ tax I don't see a lot of people ponying up $100k+ on a vehicle.

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag
That is nearly $115,000 CAD. Add in FSD, taxes, delivery, its close to $135,000. Cyberquad for another $15k. Not gonna happen...

I just need a big battery. I don't need extra motors. Sadly, I fear the CT is slipping out of reach.
I'm in the same boat. But I'm more optimistic: unless Tesla is super greedy, I doubt they will set the price so high.

Elon himself mentioned that making an expensive truck is easy, which implies that he wants the prices for CT to be low (and certainly lower than the competition).

My guess is that the quad motor will have a 350 to 400-mile range and be $70K or so (just under $100K CAD).

Matt C

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500
Occupation
Construction Project . Manager
Country flag
No. That would smash my dream. 69K + FSD is A LOT of money. A LOT. I'm not one of those guys who lives a minimalist lifestyle because it's cool; but always with the knowledge that I could buy an island at any time I chose. Drive a mini van, but could take a G-6 on a whim, if I decided to.
I am a carpenter. I'm a man who works for a living, and I was so excited and grateful to hear Elon talking about the importance of affordability. I know that Dave Ramsey would tell me I cannot afford 69K. But, dang it, I mean, it's so cool. And I want, so badly to be a part of this thing.
But 89K murders my dream. Blows it out of the water and me right back into the reality my nail bags. I will have to buy another RAM 1500. Which has been just fine. Good truck. But my dream, bourn on a planned day off from work, like a kid at Christmas, with my wife in tow, to the Peterson Automotive Museum, to see about this Cybertruck; will be defeated, done, dead.
Sponsored