Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Lines look GREAT! Truck looks very complete! OG WHEELS! Mirrors. This is it.........
Look at the interior?! Man..

More pics coming!

1677692459659.png
FqJ07oqakAEqXQd.jpeg

FqJ07nwacAAdIEb.jpeg

FqJ07oqaAAAYlD2.jpeg

1677694759411.jpeg

FqJ0DmbXgAQ9vAS.jpeg

WALKAROUND VIDEOS:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the interior.
That wheel is THE BOMB! ✓

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I disagree. I think this is the worst of both worlds. Around steering wheel you can easily turn and spin around on the outside of the wheel. A yoke like I have in my x, and which I've actually grown to love, you can stick your hand in the hole and spin it around when you park. This new yoke doesn't give you any extra room to see the non-existent instrument cluster, with the removed benefit of being able to spin your hand around on the outside of the wheel. Personally I wish I will still be able to pay extra to get a standard yoke, hopefully with improved tactile buttons so I don't put stickers everywhere, and a model x / s instrument cluster.
You can buy a used yoke or an aftermarket one to swap out your standard CT yoke.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Some specs for y'all!
Wow, 5% reduction in overall size, more then I was expecting from the prototype dimensions.

I can see the removal of the 6th seat upsetting to some.

No pass through will definitely upset some. I didn’t really care either way but I know some would have benefited from it.

I’ll take tires with the most range offered, lol. Speaking of range, any deets on that?

Thanks for the updates @greggertruck

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Getting used to using that screen for everything is gonna take some time to get used to. An instrument cluster really would have helped in this vehicle for displaying things like side view mirror view, blind spot warning etc etc.
It takes maybe 20-30 miles of driving to sort out your instrument scan technique using the center stack. Using a yoke will take 50 miles, and absolutely no more than 100 miles. Too many people keep wanting to push the old ways and methods before even trying the new way. It's like jumping into a pool that's too cold at first. Before you can realize it, you don't even notice the temperature after you get over first jumping in.

After driving my Y for about 3 weeks I had to drive my wife's Jeep somewhere, and I was like... "WTF!? The old school layout is shit".

The bottom button for the vault cover zoomed in looks like it’s tailgate related. Squat and/or ramp control??? *Please excuse crude sketch
Tonneau open/close, and tailgate release buttons.

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Great shots. It looks like stuff may be getting real. Got a lot of second first impressions. Haven't read all the posts but I have to get it out of my system first. So many questions.

Are the seats the same as original? or less angular?

Would extended range tires be default?

Isn't the point of cut off wheel to see the driver display better? Would they have it on quad?

Looks deep (not in a philosophical way). I love to see a medium height person sitting in front and back to see how much of their head is visible:

1677695681976.png

Looks like a lot of potential storage space. is there an access point?

1677695426417.png

Are these hooks? Also, that cut is for license plate, right?

1677695530765.png

Can you lift this for storage?

1677695594812.png

Looks like you can put roof racks on it:

1677695799889.png

Does this open like Lightning Frunk?

1677695904673.png

This may have the Ridgeline problem with back door not opening wide enough:

1677696553616.png

Is this where you get AC power?

1677696683471.png

OK now going back to reading your comments.
doesn't look like there's room for a 220VAC in that outlet access panel :( maybe due to the 5% size reduction #snort

Last edited:

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
It takes maybe 20-30 miles of driving to sort out your instrument scan technique using the center stack. Using a yoke will take 50 miles, and absolutely no more than 100 miles. Too many people keep wanting to push the old ways and methods before even trying the new way. It's like jumping into a pool that's too cold at first. Before you can realize it, you don't even notice the temperature after you get over first jumping in.

After driving my Y for about 3 weeks I had to drive my wife's Jeep somewhere, and I was like... "WTF!? The old school layout is shit".
I was actually really wanting to get the yoke when I figured there’d be a choice between it and a wheel. I hear you though and agree, I know I’ll get used to it in time.