Is 4th Quarter 2021 a realistic delivery date for the Cybertruck?

Hookalakupua

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-Motor
Country flag
I will. 2023 for early deliveries, and 2024 for real production units.
that of course is based on if a Tesla can work out all the problems with a brand new designed unit. Meaning maybe a year later than that.
Finally, someone willing to stand up for their convictions! Haha. And to top it off, you’ve gone BIG DAWG and said 2023!! I love it!

Now with that said, no chance! Haha. With major other companies looking at releases next year, Elon isn’t going to be left with his pants down. Like most of the other release dates, the initial timeline has been out at the end of 2021 in order to not give any information away. And like the others (excluding roadster and semi), it will come to market early! With Rivian producing videos and well placed to deliver next year, there’s a zero chance in “H E Double Hockey Stick” that CT’s aren’t released in 2021!

Thanks again for standing up for what you believe and making this fun! ??
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Finally, someone willing to stand up for their convictions! Haha. And to top it off, you’ve gone BIG DAWG and said 2023!! I love it!

Now with that said, no chance! Haha. With major other companies looking at releases next year, Elon isn’t going to be left with his pants down. Like most of the other release dates, the initial timeline has been out at the end of 2021 in order to not give any information away. And like the others (excluding roadster and semi), it will come to market early! With Rivian producing videos and well placed to deliver next year, there’s a zero chance in “H E Double Hockey Stick” that CT’s aren’t released in 2021!

Thanks again for standing up for what you believe and making this fun! ??
I agree. While I was originally a bit concerned when they said late 2021 production, because to me that meant basically meant getting their test vehicles done and then starting production for consumers, which would put deliveries in Q1 of 2022. However, seeing their timeline for their factory and how fast things are already coming together, I can now see that the late 2021 projection was a very conservative estimate and it's likely that even if they are months behind schedule with the factory, it's still highly likely that we will have plenty of people receiving their Cybertrucks before christmas.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I like to think that my proximity to Tesla in the bay area and my use as a business vehicle will give me some level of priority on getting warranty issues covered.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I like to think that my proximity to Tesla in the bay area and my use as a business vehicle will give me some level of priority on getting warranty issues covered.
How so? I don't think i've seen priority at dealerships when it comes to repairing a work vehicle. I know people that pay extra for a rush job at some shops in the Toronto area, or some businesses have their own maintenance departments to repair their work vehicles. If you are a handyman, it's likely you'll be treated just like any other Tesla owner, your loaner vehicle also might be a M3 and i'm sure they wouldn't want a loaner used for working, other than commuting. Also if business vehicles got priority, I would just buy an Uber sticker and tell them I need it back Asap.

Cyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I like everyone's logic here. It is solid. But, we're talking about Elon Musk. Homeboy said he would fly a car in space and everyone did the "yeah, okay. Cool story, bro". Next thing you know, we have a Tesla in earth's orbit.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Next thing you know, we have a Tesla in earth's orbit.
To be perfectly clear, it never established Earth orbit... They pushed it straight into Solar orbit. Which is a massive amount of thrust. The number of craft which have done that is still less than 100 or so ever.

-Crissa

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
No one really knows. It is an informed guess as far as we know. Elon Musk says that there are nowhere near that many CT orders. He says 'several' hundred thousand. But if it were really over a million I think he would own up to it. So he thinks it is less than half a million I suspect. Then there are the inevitable people whose circumstances have or will change, or will have a change of heart, or will buy a Rivian, or an eF-150, or whatever. And of course they deliver by region, so if you live in a region where there are just a few reservations then it could be a good thing. And on it goes. So it is a guess.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Then there are the inevitable people whose circumstances have or will change, or will have a change of heart, or will buy a Rivian, or an eF-150, or whatever. And of course they deliver by region, so if you live in a region where there are just a few reservations then it could be a good thing. And on it goes. So it is a guess.
...Which is probably why he's not claiming a number. There's an entire thread with different posters citing different definitions of the word 'several'.

-Crissa

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
I put in my reservation, and in my excited state clicked the button 6 times....I only have 1 order left though...
Sponsored