Is it a mistake to change car now while waiting for the CT?

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Hmmm. I hadn't thought it out that far.
No, but for real, it'd be a mistake for me. I realize everybody's situation is diff. I have a truck that's 250k miles, 19 yrs old, it's on its last legs. If I can just make it through the next year or so, I'm home free with me new CT. Just my opinion. For me.
Sponsored

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I would pay off the Kona and hold onto it until CT arrives. You are pretty close to the front of the line so it could be as early as 12-18 months away!

OP
OP

Carmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri Motor
Country flag

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We make our own batteries. We have just signed supply agreements with countries around the world.

This article would be relevant for legacy auto, who have each promised to deliver '5 million cars by 2026. Problem is that there will only be batteries for a total of '5 million cars.

Not quite right, but that's the gist of it.

I think when shiite hits the fan, they have already planned to say 'hey… There's a battery shortage', we need a bailout.

Tesla Cybertruck Is it a mistake to change car now while waiting for the CT? 1653140257781

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
I just picked up a 2014 Model S P85D for now until the CT comes out. Had to get another vehicle because my son is heading to college this fall and needed the Leaf for that. Decided to get a preview of what 0-60 in 2.8 seconds is like before they call me for my CT.

OP
OP

Carmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri Motor
Country flag
I just picked up a 2014 Model S P85D for now until the CT comes out. Had to get another vehicle because my son is heading to college this fall and needed the Leaf for that. Decided to get a preview of what 0-60 in 2.8 seconds is like before they call me for my CT.
That does not sound a very rational or financially correct decision given current market pricing for used Teslas (at least to me...) - but enjoy the thrill!!

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
That does not sound a very rational or financially correct decision given current market pricing for used Teslas (at least to me...) - but enjoy the thrill!!
I had little time to wait for merket pricing get better (the more I wait, the higher the prices go), so I bought now before they go up another $10k. I wasn't planning on my son going to college early... he's doing a dual-enrollment program so he's still technically in highschool, but taking classes at college for credit for both. And I didn't want to buy another Leaf. I figured if I'm going to have to wait for the CT to come out, might as well drive around in another Tesla for a few years.

But

OP
OP

Carmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri Motor
Country flag
I had little time to wait for merket pricing get better (the more I wait, the higher the prices go), so I bought now before they go up another $10k. I wasn't planning on my son going to college early... he's doing a dual-enrollment program so he's still technically in highschool, but taking classes at college for credit for both. And I didn't want to buy another Leaf. I figured if I'm going to have to wait for the CT to come out, might as well drive around in another Tesla for a few years.

But
I understand, its sad that we cant always account for life to make rational and best decisions - when we bought the Kona in 2019, still had a larger family car, and it was only secondary car for my wife's work and studies needs as I was also commuting to work.

And then she got pregnant after purchase.. :LOL:

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I would pay off the Kona and hold onto it until CT arrives. You are pretty close to the front of the line so it could be as early as 12-18 months away!
Generally, your cheapest vehicle is the one you already own.
Sponsored