- Mar 10, 2021
- Reaction score
- Halifax, Canada
- CT Tri Motor
obviously not leasing new its not economic for 2 years. But a well priced lease take over? why is that a bad idea?Yep. I'm right at the window for the consumables. Shocks, belts, sparkplugs, timing chain in the next 20-30k. Besides, that I only have one off-road trip planned, and that's not until the end of summer. Normally, we drive to Nantucket and do a little beach driving, but this year we're just flying and borrowing a friend's car.
Not driving to Colorado and wheeling later this summer either.
Like the OP... The question is just how soon would Tesla get to building a CTQ reservation #18000 or so, in my particular region? Do I take advantage of my trade and skip the big scheduled maintenance events?
I can have a MYP in 6-12 weeks.
Getting a MYP will freeze the trade value of my Jeep in the price of the MY instead of another year of wear and tear waiting for the CT. Fuel savings offsets taxes and then some. I avoid $2k of repair work that essentially takes away from what I'd ultimately get for my Jeep.
- 2021 MYPs are now selling for >$70k
- My Jeep is trading for the price I paid for it originally
- New MYP prices are only going to go up before the end of the year due to general global supply shortages. Shanghai is still backlogged with global imports/exports that haven't moved an inch in 7 weeks. The time it'll take for this to ripple and straighten out . . . ??? pfft.
- Gas prices have already been climbing and it's not peak season in the U.S., so EVs will easily save you $3-4k by the end of the first year.
- My Jeep gets 14 miles per gallon
Yeah... I'm thinkin...
Note to OP... Don't lease if you're thinking about doing this.
you know about the supply chain, I’m thinking we will get surprised because everything is trending now towards decoupling economies - everyone is changing supply chains to not be dependent on offshore for critical parts anymore…