David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model S
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I received the "design your cybertruck" info in Tesla.com under manage my reservation......I have gone so far as to create a spreadsheet with the FS options vs. Standard AWD ...... for the life of me, I cannot determine what the advantage (other than taking delivery sooner) is of paying the extra $ for the FS series. The difficult part is trying to compare apples to apples with options.
  • The lightbar is supposedly included with the FS, but sounds like won't be available until later.
  • The full self driving "capability" is a $15k adder if I went with the Standard AWD.....but will it really be available in the next 5 years???? (My wife bought a 2016 Model S, and there is zero chance of FSD with that model....and that was only 7 years ago....)
  • The 35" tires are $1800 for a set of 4....
  • The Powershare Home Backup is a $4500 item, which i will never use because we have a whole house generator
  • Don't really know what the Powershare mobile connector is....(assume is has to do with above)
  • Lifetime Premium Connectivity $495 item over 5 years ($99/mo)
  • Graphics and etching ....meh
  • What are the "Premium Accessories" ?$
  • Am I missing any other goodies with the FS Series? Bed organizers???
Did I miss anything? Truly trying to justify the extra $20k......only to get it sooner?
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Reactions: REM

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
This may help, out the door price for AWD is $113kish depending on your location.
Tesla Cybertruck Is the FS really worth the extra $$ ? zimage7121

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag
The simple answer is "No" Is there value in the Foundation yes, but not $20k worth. You're paying $5 to $8k for just early access since the future is unknown about when the standard AWD or Cyberbeast will be released. For me, I find value in getting the CT early and some of the accessories, so I placed my order on 12/23 after about 2 weeks of thinking about it.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I received the "design your cybertruck" info in Tesla.com under manage my reservation......I have gone so far as to create a spreadsheet with the FS options vs. Standard AWD ...... for the life of me, I cannot determine what the advantage (other than taking delivery sooner) is of paying the extra $ for the FS series. The difficult part is trying to compare apples to apples with options.
  • The lightbar is supposedly included with the FS, but sounds like won't be available until later.
  • The full self driving "capability" is a $15k adder if I went with the Standard AWD.....but will it really be available in the next 5 years???? (My wife bought a 2016 Model S, and there is zero chance of FSD with that model....and that was only 7 years ago....)
  • The 35" tires are $1800 for a set of 4....
  • The Powershare Home Backup is a $4500 item, which i will never use because we have a whole house generator
  • Don't really know what the Powershare mobile connector is....(assume is has to do with above)
  • Lifetime Premium Connectivity $495 item over 5 years ($99/mo)
  • Graphics and etching ....meh
  • What are the "Premium Accessories" ?$
  • Am I missing any other goodies with the FS Series? Bed organizers???
Did I miss anything? Truly trying to justify the extra $20k......only to get it sooner?
Light bar I believe is Beast only
FSD is debatable. I personally can't live without it.
The existing tires are currently the only tires available. The All-Weather will be later in the year.
Powershare, correct if you have a generator.
Powershare mobile connection, not quite sure
Connectivity , but $1000 over 10 years ;)
Graphics, may be a slight premium during resell, who knows.
Premium Accessories are listed on the order form.
Bed organizer type stuff is the premium accessories.

If you are not intending to buy everything already, then indeed, it is only to get your vehicle early.

How early? Who knows, could be a few months, could be longer.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
No IMO. Unless you value being the first kid on the block with a shiny new toy and love attention from Joe public.

My largest beef with the FS? Buyers receive no performance increase for shelling out an extra $20k. The FS is simply a money grab by Tesla.

Last edited:

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Not IMO.

Buyers get zero extra performance numbers for shelling out an extra $20k.
Yes IMO

I get FSD. $12k. (Iā€™m one of the idiots that didnā€™t lock in the $7kā€¦. Yeah yeahā€¦)
Tire upgrade
PowerShare Hardware
Lots of little doodads

and most importantly I get to enjoy it hopefully in the next couple of months. (FS invite and order on 12/15)
The extra $3-$5k is simply what Iā€™m willing to pay for my own enjoyment. Iā€™m betting that driving the CT will bring me joy so itā€™s worth it TO ME!

@Mini2nut and several others have a different view and opinion on this and thatā€™s cool.

To each their own! Plus they get the honour of pissing and moaning about it on nearly every thread so thereā€™s thatā€¦. šŸ˜‚

Nabilriaz69

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
$130,000 Truck is really expensive for majority of the people, for that 20k extra is deal breaker for most. 12k FSD is not worth it if it not active and with no timeline , may be 5 years from now ā€¦ realistically

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
No IMO. Unless you value being the first kid on the block with a shiny new toy and love attention from Joe public.

My largest beef with the FS? Buyers receive no performance increase for shelling out an extra $20k. The FS is simply a money grab by Tesla.
Ha! You changed this comment completely but your original is saved under my earlier reply. The internet is forever man.

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
All of this has been said before, but it is worth getting the FSCT for an extra $20k? A financial advisor would say no, unless the $20k will not impact your financial lifestyle/future. Clearly, most the FSCTs are going to people with money to spend. Iā€™m in that position of having extra money, wanting a new truck, and donā€™t want to wait. The wait time is unknown. They could sell only FSCTs until their production rate exceeds the FSCT order rate. That could be another year or two. New orders are going in at about 20/day. 20 x $20,000 x 365 = $146 million/year And the 20 orders/day is just on this forum. I know Tesla and the Big Three think in terms of $billions, but like they say, a $million here and a $million there and pretty soon you are talking some real money.