Is there any hope for the 40k Cybertruck?

Is there any hope for the 40k Cybertruck?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Š—ŠŠ—-968, Canyonero
Country flag
Is there any possibility that we will still have a 40k Cybertruck?
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Iā€™m not sure if it will be officially kicked to the curb or not, my feeling is Tesla will roll out of new significantly different lineup for the Cybertruck than launch day. Our reservations for ā€œSingleā€, ā€œDualā€ and ā€œTriā€ wonā€™t matter so much as just raw order.

There might be a budget version of the truck, but it might end up being delivered ā€œlaterā€ā€¦ with later being something like the way the Model Y SR was delivered. Quietly via a hidden option after the rest of the deliveries have been completed.

I think we should all accept that some price shifting is possible, but worrying about it before the details are revealed is kind of pointless.

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
No way. Just add 15kish to the price and thatā€™s what itā€™ll be maybe theyā€™ll only do a 10k increase but it definitely wonā€™t be 40k

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The 40k CT unveiling was 3 years ago. I expect 'IF' it was to come, it would be 2 years from now.

Excluding today's economic inflation, in a normal economic climate, do we expect a product to be the same price 5 years later ?

It is entirely possible the 40K CT WILL be delivered, but it may cost more than 40K.

Considering wages go up with inflation, charging 40K in 2024 would be lowering the price.

Not a perfect scenario, I know, but it would be fair to allow for time and normal inflation.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
not after todays $6,000 increase for the MX.......I am really losing faith.....increasing prices are putting the Tesla out of reach for the average person......nothing on the CT.....seems they are making changes to everything....after they get something new, they are trying to fit it in and that among other things keeps pushing it out....dont expect to see CT until end of 2023.......by that time I would probably careless about it

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Did you order one? If so, then there is hope. For someone that didn't order one, none. I am certain that Tesla, assuming that they come out with the trim level we have ordered, would do their best to honor the pricing we reserved our trim at. But we can see what they are doing with their prices and that is reasonable. I ordered a Model Y in September and Tesla raised its prices 3 times before I took delivery but they honored the price I reserved at. Its a single data point but a valid one at that.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Only if CT is capable of going back in time when it hits 88mph. Or the economy collapses. Both possible.
I thought time travel was only possible into the future? I mean like we're doing it all the time? šŸ˜‰

Not to ruin your appetite for time travel sci-fi, but the biggest problem I have with time travel stories seems to be that they always end up in the same place when they travel through time. How is that possible without the earth being the center of the universe? I mean if I jumped back just a day on earth, I would be hanging somewhere in space watching the earth disappear into the distance at 67,000mph some 1.6m miles away. If I only jumped and minute or so I'd be firmly imbedded in the ground and if I do a few decades, I'd no longer be in the solar system at all.

As for the "economy collapses" that's happened often enough, but as long as there are people there will be "a" economy. Otherwise you have to redefine what economy means.

-

At this time I honestly doubt there will ever actually be a single motor CT and even if there would doubt they will be offered for $40k.

This is simply because as EV demand increases in a finite world, and manufactures scramble to meet demand, resources to build EV's will be further constrained driving prices up. That is exactly why Tesla saw this coming a few years ago and is looking at integrating the resource extraction industry to their vertical integration industry.

The other factor is that people look for value for money, and as long as the longer range models come with an extra motor and performance, then on paper at least they are tempting. From a manufacturing side though, adding "performance" parts to a vehicle creates more profit than creating more budget vehicles from scratch.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12457

The base price was for a single motor CT and I thought Elon said they weren't going to build that one, at least not until all the others have been built. I reserved a dual motor CT and hope it won't be another 2-5 years (I'm in the 50K's) before that model comes out. It would be nice if the base model became the dual motor at the single motor price (not going to happen because of the recession) but because of the changes I have to wonder if I'll be able to keep my place in line and change my configuration but at this point I'm not sure if I'll even get one.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you order one? If so, then there is hope. For someone that didn't order one, none. I am certain that Tesla, assuming that they come out with the trim level we have ordered, would do their best to honor the pricing we reserved our trim at. But we can see what they are doing with their prices and that is reasonable. I ordered a Model Y in September and Tesla raised its prices 3 times before I took delivery but they honored the price I reserved at. Its a single data point but a valid one at that.
yes....ordered on reveal night.....my reservation number is 46,146

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The base price was for a single motor CT and I thought Elon said they weren't going to build that one, at least not until all the others have been built. I reserved a dual motor CT and hope it won't be another 2-5 years (I'm in the 50K's) before that model comes out. It would be nice if the base model became the dual motor at the single motor price (not going to happen because of the recession) but because of the changes I have to wonder if I'll be able to keep my place in line and change my configuration but at this point I'm not sure if I'll even get one.
Nope.

The only comment he made about possible changes to trims they would offer is that there would be a quad motor truck and that he was driving the ā€œPlaidā€ truck.

There are a lot of assumptions flying around that people like to pass as truths, but no actual changes to the existing trim levels.

Folks need to cool their engines with the assumptions and spreading of FUD. Even if they eliminate the single motor config there might still be a lower end dual motor truck with less range.