John from Cleanerwatt - "The initial pricing of the CyberTruck will be $90,000 - $120,000"

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I'm gonna say it one more time.

There's no quad motor.

Send it to the presses.
Sponsored

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag

There's no quad motor.

Send it to the presses.
i think the quad was a knee jerk Elon reaction and it won't be in the initial release..
HOWEVER.. i can EASILY see a plaid/quad motor release once they catch up on back orders to just have sic performance numbers for those that don't care about spending over 100k!

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
In Virginia the Sales Tax on a Cybertruck would be in the $3,500 to $4,000 range.
(trade ins do NOT reduce your taxable price)
..... and in VA. you have a ANNUAL personal property tax on vehicles. It is literally a gift that keeps on giving.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
..... and in VA. you have a ANNUAL personal property tax on vehicles. It is literally a gift that keeps on giving.
Yes, the SALES TAX is $3500 to $4000 when you register your CyberTruck at the DMV, and you also pay an EV Registration Tax of about $200.

Plus, yes after that you pay an annual PPTax on the vehicle. It would be about $4,500 the first year, slowly going down each year as the truck depreciates. Once your Cybertruck has depreciated to $50,000, you would "only" be paying $2,500 a year.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think you are kidding yourself...
...if you think Tesla will suddenly raise the price by 40%, unlike what they've done any other time in the past?

Example, South Carolina caps sales tax at $300 on a car. My MY and MS had the same sales tax.
Regressive taxation ahoy.

-Crissa

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag

There's no quad motor.

Send it to the presses.
What we need is an Octa motor... Just think of all the possibilities then! :)

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

There's no quad motor.

Send it to the presses.
I think I saw you at Giga Texas with Ellie on YouTube....

Anyhoo, I don't think a Quad is necessary. I am currently driving a 23' Lightning, which has 2 motors, and that seems to be plenty crazy torquey and fast.

The issue is how to tell Tesla reservation holders the new higher price of the CyberTruck, without them flipping out. One work around is to release a vehicle configuration that was not previously advertized back in 2019. A Quad would do that. Then Tesla could set the price at anything.

If instead they come out with a Dual at launch, people will be comparing the 2019 pricing on a Dual CT to the Fall 2023 price of a Dual. That wouldn't be pretty.

It will be interesting on how they handle the announcement of the price of the CyberTruck. Especially when the range is announced. I really thought back in 2019 I would be getting a 500 mile range CT. Now, I am not sure that will be offered initially.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
If those price speculations turn out to be accurate, it would still be well worth it in my opinion, especially considering what one gets in a Cybertruck compared to a similar priced ICE vehicle.

If you include the Self-Driving package, even the 2019 top model tri-motor price would have been closer to 80K. People are doing a lot of guessing, so it's not surprising if some guesses are high. But I do think the Cybertruck will be a better value than ICE vehicles that actually Are priced from 90K to 120K.

I trust Tesla's pricing ten times more than I would trust any car salesperson or legacy auto pricing.

When we talk about increased Cybertruck prices, on Tesla's part that would be due to increased quality or features, but in a larger part we're really talking about years of rampant inflation that's affected everyone (including Tesla).

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

JWass

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This may the most ridiculous thread next to measuring the truck with chickens. LOL
Sure the pricing will initially be higher than the original numbers. However, given many variables too long to list it’s not going to be 50% more 60k version to 90k but 70-75 possible. They still have to keep this priced close to the competition. There are trucks currently priced in the 60-75k range, but not the big sellers.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
He does offer fairly well thought out reasons for his price estimate of $90,000 - $120,000

I can see the 2024 pricing of the CT being very high. Especially if you stack the cost of FSD on top.

I suppose if there are 1.5 million reservations, Tesla should be able to still sell close to 250,000 at a price close to $100,000.

What's your "I'm out" price?
John should have stuck to battery technology. I haven’t found him to be knowledgeable outside his original topic and unsubscribed. You are welcome to buy into whatever you want of course, but I believe that a Cybertruck priced like that will be a bust.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I think I saw you at Giga Texas with Ellie on YouTube....

Anyhoo, I don't think a Quad is necessary. I am currently driving a 23' Lightning, which has 2 motors, and that seems to be plenty crazy torquey and fast.

The issue is how to tell Tesla reservation holders the new higher price of the CyberTruck, without them flipping out. One work around is to release a vehicle configuration that was not previously advertized back in 2019. A Quad would do that. Then Tesla could set the price at anything.

If instead they come out with a Dual at launch, people will be comparing the 2019 pricing on a Dual CT to the Fall 2023 price of a Dual. That wouldn't be pretty.

It will be interesting on how they handle the announcement of the price of the CyberTruck. Especially when the range is announced. I really thought back in 2019 I would be getting a 500 mile range CT. Now, I am not sure that will be offered initially.
I signed up for a truck with a 500+-mile range and that is what I expect. Tri or Quad is not important to me. I cannot see Tesla marking the reservation price up by more than inflation without a boatload of negative noise. He might not care but the company would.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I signed up for a truck with a 500+-mile range and that is what I expect. Tri or Quad is not important to me. I cannot see Tesla marking the reservation price up by more than inflation without a boatload of negative noise. He might not care but the company would.
We shall see. Probably by the end of September or so.
Sponsored