Just got an email to spec my Cybertruck. What does the extra $20K actually get me?

Jabman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ram 1500
Country flag
This bring it right at about 20k if you didn’t preorder FSD. Correct?
Yes. I think that the assumption of a $7k FSD price makes the FS more of a deal breaker than it actually is. All in, it’s a break even for those people who would have purchased the extras anyway. Although I do question the desire for the “L track bottle opener” at $25, it is also a small portion of the overall $20k
Sponsored

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
This bring it right at about 20k if you didn’t preorder FSD. Correct?
It does.

It also brings you to $19k if you get the Beast and add the $4k in installation credit, even if you did preorder FSD.

If you want FSD and didn't order it before and you're getting the beast, you actually would get $24k worth of stuff for $20k.

If you have no interest in FSD and won't be installing home backup, the FS is a bad deal.

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
I just received an email from Tesla to spec my cybertruck. Reservation # 112855xxx. They want $99,990, base price would be $79,990.

In addition to what I'd get for $79.9K, they add FSD (coming in 2 weeks - ha ha), Powershare home backup, Lifetime Premium Connectivity and some other stuff that I don't really know what it is or If I'd pay for it.

Is FSD $12K, or is it the $5-6K that it was back when I ordered the truck years ago? I do want FSD - I have it on my MY and use it especially on limited access highways.

Does anyone know what Powershare Home Backup would cost if I added it to the base truck?

Premium Connectivity is basically $100/year. So doesn't really offset any of the $20K.

Badges, etching, etc. is really irrelevant to me.

So, given that I'd go for FSD and Home Backup, can anyone tell me how much of the extra $20K is for things I'd buy anyway (see above), and how much is the premium I'm paying to presumably get the truck early?

Also, I really don't want the default tires - I'd much rather have the All Season tires for the additional range and quiet.

And, if I just ignore the email, will I be able to order the truck the way I want it soon, or will be put in the back of the line and be waiting for 2025, 2026. ....

Thanks.
It certainly is an early supporter fee.

I think I'll wait for a non-foundation series.

Tesla Cybertruck Just got an email to spec my Cybertruck. What does the extra $20K actually get me? Screenshot_20240124_062352_Tesla

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
If you do not want the all terrain wheels / tires, and not concerned about the accessories, it sounds like you are better off waiting. If you reserved early and selected FSD, it's presumed that the FSD cost will be what it was when you reserved.

You will hold your place in line if you do nothing right now.

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
If you do not want the all terrain wheels / tires, and not concerned about the accessories, it sounds like you are better off waiting. If you reserved early and selected FSD, it's presumed that the FSD cost will be what it was when you reserved.

You will hold your place in line if you do nothing right now.
I don't presume that FSD will cost what it was when I reserved it...

Not only was it not in my original confirmation email, but I've never heard anyone from Tesla confirm it, ever.

Obviously they didn't hold to original pricing on the truck...

I've read on this forum that people think Tesla will have to honer it or be sued in California. That seems like a multi year process that would MAYBE provide a remedy (or not) to a small subset of people with 2019 reservations for FSD who actually purchase a non-foundation Cybertruck in the future, with no changes to the original order.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
I don't presume that FSD will cost what it was when I reserved it...

Not only was it not in my original confirmation email, but I've never heard anyone from Tesla confirm it, ever.

Obviously they didn't hold to original pricing on the truck...

I've read on this forum that people think Tesla will have to honer it or be sued in California. That seems like a multi year process that would MAYBE provide a remedy (or not) to a small subset of people with 2019 reservations for FSD who actually purchase a non-foundation Cybertruck in the future, with no changes to the original order.
The vehicle prices were "subject to change" as per the order agreement. While FSD is not in the order agreement, we do have this very specific text from the original order page.

We shall see how it goes, but i still assume Tesla will honor the FSD price, whatever that may have been at the time of an order.

Tesla Cybertruck Just got an email to spec my Cybertruck. What does the extra $20K actually get me? 1706112365449

Last edited:

Jimbo Ringo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
I just received an email from Tesla to spec my cybertruck. Reservation # 112855xxx. They want $99,990, base price would be $79,990.

In addition to what I'd get for $79.9K, they add FSD (coming in 2 weeks - ha ha), Powershare home backup, Lifetime Premium Connectivity and some other stuff that I don't really know what it is or If I'd pay for it.

Is FSD $12K, or is it the $5-6K that it was back when I ordered the truck years ago? I do want FSD - I have it on my MY and use it especially on limited access highways.

Does anyone know what Powershare Home Backup would cost if I added it to the base truck?

Premium Connectivity is basically $100/year. So doesn't really offset any of the $20K.

Badges, etching, etc. is really irrelevant to me.

So, given that I'd go for FSD and Home Backup, can anyone tell me how much of the extra $20K is for things I'd buy anyway (see above), and how much is the premium I'm paying to presumably get the truck early?

Also, I really don't want the default tires - I'd much rather have the All Season tires for the additional range and quiet.

And, if I just ignore the email, will I be able to order the truck the way I want it soon, or will be put in the back of the line and be waiting for 2025, 2026. ....

Thanks.
Yes. I think that the assumption of a $7k FSD price makes the FS more of a deal breaker than it actually is. All in, it’s a break even for those people who would have purchased the extras anyway. Although I do question the desire for the “L track bottle opener” at $25, it is also a small portion of the overall $20k
Tesla Cybertruck Just got an email to spec my Cybertruck. What does the extra $20K actually get me? IMG_5846

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
This must be an indication that Tesla is done with FS.

Usually, option for orders is either a Beast or the FS.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
How many days do they give you to order? Does the offer disappear after so many days?
I have an invite from 12/8 on my second CT order from 2019 and still shows can order the Foundation. Going to wait on that one for the Non Foundation. I did order the Foundation on first order 12/22/23. No vin yet, just only the Home Charging/Share questionnaire
Sponsored