Just got an email to spec my Cybertruck. What does the extra $20K actually get me?

IraS

First Name
Ira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MY
Country flag
I just received an email from Tesla to spec my cybertruck. Reservation # 112855xxx. They want $99,990, base price would be $79,990.

In addition to what I'd get for $79.9K, they add FSD (coming in 2 weeks - ha ha), Powershare home backup, Lifetime Premium Connectivity and some other stuff that I don't really know what it is or If I'd pay for it.

Is FSD $12K, or is it the $5-6K that it was back when I ordered the truck years ago? I do want FSD - I have it on my MY and use it especially on limited access highways.

Does anyone know what Powershare Home Backup would cost if I added it to the base truck?

Premium Connectivity is basically $100/year. So doesn't really offset any of the $20K.

Badges, etching, etc. is really irrelevant to me.

So, given that I'd go for FSD and Home Backup, can anyone tell me how much of the extra $20K is for things I'd buy anyway (see above), and how much is the premium I'm paying to presumably get the truck early?

Also, I really don't want the default tires - I'd much rather have the All Season tires for the additional range and quiet.

And, if I just ignore the email, will I be able to order the truck the way I want it soon, or will be put in the back of the line and be waiting for 2025, 2026. ....

Thanks.
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
There are numerous existing threads talking about this, ad nauseum.

No one know the details besides what's listed on the page. There are a few charts going around where people have totaled up everything and it didn't add up to $20k There's questions about FSD price.

If you don't want the Foundation Series vehicle, don't order one and your place in line will be preserved.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I just received an email from Tesla to spec my cybertruck. Reservation # 112855xxx. They want $99,990, base price would be $79,990.

In addition to what I'd get for $79.9K, they add FSD (coming in 2 weeks - ha ha), Powershare home backup, Lifetime Premium Connectivity and some other stuff that I don't really know what it is or If I'd pay for it.

Is FSD $12K, or is it the $5-6K that it was back when I ordered the truck years ago? I do want FSD - I have it on my MY and use it especially on limited access highways.

Does anyone know what Powershare Home Backup would cost if I added it to the base truck?

Premium Connectivity is basically $100/year. So doesn't really offset any of the $20K.

So, given that I'd go for FSD and Home Backup, can anyone tell me how much of the extra $20K is for things I'd buy anyway (see above), and how much is the premium I'm paying to presumably get the truck early?

Also, I really don't want the default tires - I'd much rather have the All Season tires for the additional range and quiet.

And, if I just ignore the email, will I be able to order the truck the way I want it soon, or will be put in the back of the line and be waiting for 2025, 2026. ....

Thanks.
Hey congrats on the invite. It is early entry to get a Foundation Series truck. If these are not additional items that bring value to you and want a AWD without FSD etc just ignore the invite.

You will be invited later this year most likely to place an order for a Non FSD.

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag

Thanks.
I had the same questions as you when I got my email. In the end I decided to hold off until the NON-Foundation Series Trucks roll out.

Here is the thread that I started with number crunching to see if there was value for me in the $20k. A lot of others posted great advice throughout the thread. Check it out. https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/is-the-foundation-series-worth-it.10408/

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
Got my order email as well. Gonna skip. At least wait until after tomorrow's Q&A session to make a decision, if I were you.
How many days do they give you to order? Does the offer disappear after so many days?

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
How many days do they give you to order? Does the offer disappear after so many days?
Not sure exactly. I got my email on 12/8. There is no option to decline it, but I can still log in and place my Foundation Series Order today if I want to.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag

Thanks.
The value offered by the Foundation Series will vary from person to person depending upon what each individual wants and values. I figure the Foundation Series package adds about $10K in value for me but I've ordered a Foundation Dual Motor anyway because I'm not particularly price sensitive and it's worth the additional $10K to me to get it sooner.

I pre-ordered FSD so the inclusion of FSD only saves me the $7,500 pre-order special price (or was it $7,000, I can't remember exactly at the moment). For those who didn't pre-order FSD, and who want their Cybertruck to have FSD, will probably be paying $12K for it, assuming the price doesn't go up soon with recent updates.

I think your best bet is to ignore the email, unless you decide the extra money is worth the faster delivery.

Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag
If the things bundled in the extra 20k are worth it to you then go for it.
For the folks that feel like they've waited long enough, paying for the extras is worth it, for other folks, not so much.
Personally I'm waiting, but many, many others are getting delivery dates and going for it.
Only you can decide :)

Carmino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Cybertruck Foundation AWD
From @pricedm:

Tesla Foundation series includes:

$295 All-Weather interior liners
$115 Glass roof sunshade
$40 Center console tray
$45 Gear locker dividers
$40 Vault D-rings
$25 L-track hooks
$25 L-track bottle opener
$1,000 White decor (current Tesla upcharge from black to white interior)
$600 Powershare home charger
$230 Powershare mobile connector
$1,000 - $2,000 est. Powershare/Powerwall v3 gateway plus installation up to $4,000; installation bonus appers to be for Beast only, not dual motor
$3,000 20 inch Cyberwheels with 35 inch tires (based on Rivian upcharge and cost of one Cyberwheel spare $1,200)
$7,000 FSD if configured on order prior to configuration locked by Tesla. Milestone passed.
$1,000 Lifetime premium connectivity ($100 per year)
-------------------------------------------------------------
$14,415 - $15,500 estimated value

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
I found the email confirmation from 4 years ago. No electronic confirmation of FSD price set at $7,000 was sent out to anyone. In fact they sent exactly the following in 2019:

"Pre-Order Price, Taxes and Official Fees. The pre-order price of the Vehicle will be confirmed in your Vehicle Configura􏰊on and Final Price Sheet. As you may have only configured part of your Vehicle, any pre-order price provided to you in advance of the Final Price Sheet is only being offered to you as an es􏰊mate and is subject to change."

and,

"Pre-Order Process; Cancella􏰉on; Changes. A􏰋er you submit your completed pre-order and the op􏰊tions you selected become available in production, we will invite you to complete the configurati􏰊on of your Vehicle. We will then issue you the Vehicle Configurati􏰊on and Final Price Sheet based on the base price of the model and any options􏰊 included or that you select. Your Pre-Order Payment covers the cost of these ac􏰊vi􏰊es and other processing costs and is not a deposit for the Vehicle. Un􏰉til your Vehicle is delivered to you, you may cancel your pre-order at any 􏰉me, in which case you will receive a full refund of your Pre-Order Payment. Un􏰉til your final configuration is matched to a vehicle, you may make changes to your Vehicle Configuration. If you make changes to the configuration of the Vehicle, you may be subject to poten􏰊tial price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Pre-Order Date. Any changes made by you to your Vehicle Configuration, including changes to the delivery location􏰊 or es􏰊timated delivery date, will be reflected in a subsequent Vehicle Configuration that will form part of this Agreement. When you take delivery of the Vehicle, we will provide a credit to the final pre-order price of your Vehicle equivalent to the amount of the Pre-Order Payment you paid. This Pre-Order Payment and this Agreement are not made or entered into in an􏰊ticipation of or pending any conditional sale contract."
Sponsored

Last edited: