Laser altered surface treatment to create a superhydrophobic stainless steel?

Diveflyfish

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 BMW 335d
Country flag
The concept of laser altered surface treatment to create a superhydrophobic surface is interesting.
Perhaps the latest portable rust removal type lasers could be programmed to create such invisible surface alterations ? All thoughts welcomed. Just trying to find out of the box solutions for not only fingerprints but aiding in extending range by perhaps decreasing drag as well. Thinking out loud, perhaps the clear protective film could be laser modified at a much lower energy level and thus be applied?
Superhydrophobic Laser surface modification:

Now if you could get a device like the below to create the above surface modification …………

Cheers
Sponsored

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
I found the perfect solution to the problem of finger prints on my Cybertruck...

Don't touch the stainless with your fingers. It works!
But Elon took away our door handles!!

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That Superhydrophobic surface is interesting. It absorbs light... and repels water.

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That laser cleaner looks crazy dangerous, but it would be fun to try. And the laser weld looked pretty good. So, then he strapped it to a chainsaw...

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
But Elon took away our door handles!!
If you believe you need doorhandles, the solution is so simple it's ridiculous!

Buy one of the hundreds of trucks with door handles! I can't believe people think it needs handles, it opens easily without touching the exterior, if fingerprints bother you that much, just kick the door closed with a sharp kick from your heel as you turn around to walk away, you're not going to hurt it and you might get some "she really doesn't give a shit" bonus kudos.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
The concept of laser altered surface treatment to create a superhydrophobic surface is interesting.
Perhaps the latest portable rust removal type lasers could be programmed to create such invisible surface alterations ? All thoughts welcomed. Just trying to find out of the box solutions for not only fingerprints but aiding in extending range by perhaps decreasing drag as well. Thinking out loud, perhaps the clear protective film could be laser modified at a much lower energy level and thus be applied?
Superhydrophobic Laser surface modification:

Now if you could get a device like the below to create the above surface modification …………

Cheers
lol!
Reminds me of styropyro's laser weapon. I want one of these on a gantry on my CT roof:

Perfect weapon for a firebug that loves backburning.

OP
OP
Diveflyfish

Diveflyfish

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 BMW 335d
Country flag
Styropyro is a hoot and genius. His work is a sublime merging of physics, chemistry and spot on humor. Perhaps there are more kindred spirits here !
Sponsored