g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Tesla did virtual 3D crash modeling on the Model 3.
And look how THAT turned out? Gosh. I can't believe they made the safest vehicle on earth without having a true crash test lol

boom.
Sponsored

Monkchoi

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza 5Dr Wagon
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Country flag
Is it me or was that demonstration rather lame.
looks like they're setting up a make shift ramp for wheel chair access. I hope the ramp is included in final production! Least they could do after the price hike.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
looks like they're setting up a make shift ramp for wheel chair access. I hope the ramp is included in final production! Least they could do after the price hike.
What price hike? You got prices? You holding out?

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
This was fun. I had cut and pasted an old photo of the CT years ago, and by just pasting it lower to the ground it looks wider. So, I took this photo and did the same thing. I cut out the body and re-pasted it at what looks like about 8" lower. AMAZING, it's not skinny anymore! Honestly I didn't do anything at all to make it wider. It's just how things work. That's why short girls usually don't look skinny. o_O

ctathq.jpg

ctathq2.jpg
I guess that explains why I like Lower/wider vehicles and shorter/thicker girls lol. But seriously, a lower Cybertruck looks better to me as long as it's able to be raised when/if needed. My '15 Ram had factory air and it was great. I can't remember the difference between lowest and highest, but it was enough for me to safely get in and out of ag fields in different soil conditions without issue. I assume it would work for most other people as well.

BrianG

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Lawyer
Country flag
Those rims are hideous and overly small. The prototype set up was perfect.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Elon Musk liked this tweet by the way, I wouldn't take those wheels/tires that we see on the beta model as the final version
aren’t these just the aero covers that snap over the actual wheels?

unclear, however, thet they would look as good if not paired with those one-off custom tires

CyberJustice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
aren’t these just the aero covers that snap over the actual wheels?

unclear, however, thet they would look as good if not paired with those one-off custom tires
yeah they're aero covers, I think they would look a lot better than just a small exposed rim. The tires are still 35 inches.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I love the aero covers.
I hope they stay with the CT .
If someone doesn’t like them, they can just take them off. I seen many people do it on the model 3’s .

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
yeah they're aero covers, I think they would look a lot better than just a small exposed rim. The tires are still 35 inches.
those tires are 35s, but they were specially made to puzzle-piece in design with those aero covers

I’m just not sure how those Aeros would look without the sidewalls of those specific one-off tires

I *am* however pretty sure how those specific tires would effect range (prob >25% range reduction compared to a street)

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Doesn't it need to have crash testing done? They really haven't done any real post production testing yet.
I don't believe they can test crash betas...they need to have the actual vehicle off one of the lines in consumer trim level to test. I think they should have their first line up for testing by may. Knock out a couple test mules for crash testing and validation by June.

First Name
Stranger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Ford Super Duty
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
I've heard people are refusing delivery because they are missing chips/functionality that they were promised (heated steering wheel, etc).
A lot of special orders are getting refused because of the job market is making people nervous, trade ins are worth a lot less, and interest rate increases are doing a number on payment amounts. This goes for a lot of vehicles besides EVs.

First Name
Stranger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Ford Super Duty
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
When musk was talking about shrinking it I thought it was a terrible idea. If you want a small truck that can't carry much get a Rivian. Keep the CT real truck size so it will be useful as a truck. My Ford is 22' long and 8' wide and it is my daily driver and half the miles are in town. Just have to pay attention.
Sponsored