Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Last edited:
First Name
Stranger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Ford Super Duty
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Unless they want the 'CT to be a low volume boutique toy, Tesla needs to go get (and really drive) a mid spec Ford and Ram (GM interiors are really subpar right now) and really look at the ergonomics and how well the controls are laid out. Real pickup users want large controls that are easy to use with either gloves or dirty hands. You should not have to wash your hands just to turn on the wipers or AC so you don't scratch a screen. Controls in trucks are laid out like they are for a reason - ease of use that you don't have to think about. And the white on the dash? That is going to reflect on the windshield and drive you nuts. Despite messing up the lines when they made it smaller and the goofy wiper, the exterior is still ok. Interior on the other hand is s deal breaker for me - I don't think anyone on the design team has ever owned and actually used a truck and it shows. Ford and the others will get their acts together and make a good and useful EV pickup so Tesla needs to do the same.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Agreed. Coolest ride ever.

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! 1685017756619

Until you had a head on of course.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2022 Tesla Model S LR
Country flag
No, unlikely.

People have retrofitted the S/X with stalks, but it's a lot of work and isn't supported by Tesla.

I love my stalkless MS. The auto forward and reverse is really good and swiping the screen is not a big deal...I'll never get used to the horn button, though.

It looks like Tesla is moving to remove all stalks with the Highland leaks.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2022 Tesla Model S LR
Country flag
Well it looks like they fixed the horn button issue. Problem solved.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I'm pretty sure it won't have a display behind the steering wheel, and I'm glad it won't. That's the dumbest place to put a display because you have to look through the steering wheel to see it. Which means I would have to adjust the height of the steering to the only position that the wheel doesn't totally block the display (at least when the steering is straight ahead).

I like adjusting the steering wheel to the height that provides the best ergonomics, irrespective of the view of the instruments.
I agree. That is the thing I thought I would hate about the Model 3, but turns out, it's the thing I love the most. I can put the steering wheel where it's COMFORTABLE!!! Hallelujah!!! I'm 6'3", maybe it only affect tall people, but before I always had to put the steering wheel where I could see the High-Beam indicator, or one gauge or another, or sometimes the top of the speedometer. It's a huge hassle to have to dip your head to tell how fast you're going.

I want nothing behind the steering wheel, unless it's a yoke that doesn't block my view. (I'm skeptical of the yoke, but my experience with the binnacle leaves me open to idea)

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Dam right, Elon Musk accommodation of 200-300 lb Americans will double or 3x the buyers!!!
How long before this one disappears? I give it 10 minutes max

cjcomb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Draftsman
Country flag
It's physically impossible to see the front hood considering the hood and the windshield are on the same plane. Since you will always be below that plane, it's a given you won't be able to see the hood from anywher inside the truck.

That doesn't mean the visibility is bad, on the contrary, the forward visibility in the Cybertruck is better than any 1/2 ton pickup on American roads today.
TY. Finally wisdom.