Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I agreed

For $80K+ you kinda of what a quality interior like an Audi. Or at least a Ford Lightning Lariat.
after driving a model 3 since 2018, I enjoy the simplicity and clean design such that I can't picture driving in anything else. Other advantages include easiness of cleaning and reduced production costs - which are critical to affordability and profit for tesla.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2022 Tesla Model S LR
Country flag
after driving a model 3 since 2018, I enjoy the simplicity and clean design such that I can't picture driving in anything else. Other advantages include easiness of cleaning and reduced production costs - which are critical to affordability and profit for tesla.
The MS/X are still clean designs, but are obviously MUCH more refined interiors. I don't know anyone who has switched to an S/X and said, "Man I wish I didn't have this screen".

It's just better UI. They move all the FSD, Speed Limits, lighting, etc to in front of you and keep the main screen for a more detailed map and music keeping it a true infotainment screen instead of being all encompassing. Plus the font is much larger on the S/X as there is more real-estate.

RR2241TX

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I’m so far down the list that none of the goofy clueless design “features” will be left, I hope. That solar greenhouse dash is going to be a problem. Nissan tried it, that’s why Nissan no longer makes full size trucks. I’d need a four foot rake to retrieve anything that failed to fall into the defroster vents. Besides, you’re going to have horrible reflections of dash trash on the windshield. It’s likely a good thing the driver cannot see the glare off the hood.

I’ve been nursing my ICE truck along in anticipation of replacing it with a CT, but it is looking like that was a poor decision. As a practical truck this dog won’t hunt.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
There is one guarantee for the final interior, you will either end up being positive, negative, or indifferent.

I was looking forward to cabin openness. Unsure if I will get my personal feel I was looking to achieve. However, I believe my interest is the minority.

BeastSlayer

Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Ryder
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer of MyLooseChange
Country flag
My guess is a pricey one. Tesla got a lot of push back on the Yoke in the Model S, so I think to streamline production of the CT they could drop the yoke altogether. Just a guess though.
I would have ordered a yoke in the meantime while waiting for my dream of a joystick which will be natural progression. :rolleyes:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
The F150 interior is huge...in no way does it feel cramped in real life. The seats are extremely wide and the center console is wide.
Maybe Ford has improved the interior ergo's since 2010 but I've never had any vehicle with such odd ergonomics as my 2010 F-150 XLT with three abreast seating in front. The biggest issue is the steering wheel only goes up/down, not in/out. That requires me to adjust the seat further forward than I like (so I don't have to stretch to reach the steering) which makes the pedals too close to operate comfortably.

It's cramped under the dash and the steering wheel is too far away. I'm sure the Cybertruck will have far better legroom for the driver.

The other issue is the cab is very high off the ground. I'm 6'-04" and still pretty athletic for my nearly 60 years old, but it's far from ideal. I've climbed into the cabs of a lot bigger/higher trucks that felt more natural. The Cybertruck, with its adjustable ride height, solves this nicely.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
When is the last time you sat in an F150?
If you feel cramped in one then I don’t know how you could ever tolerate flying
At 6'-04", I feel cramped in my F-150 Supercab XLT. And, yes, you're right, I can't stand flying! Last year I took what was called "business class" on Air Canada but was really what I call "First Class". Horrifically expensive relative to a sardine seat but I've decided no more sardine seats for me!

I like sardines, I just don't want to feel like one!

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance S, Plaid X, Cybertruck # less then 100
Occupation
Software
Country flag
First

and wow!

crazy how that middle jumpseat appears so narrow /s

the CT is narrow of interior
There is no longer a jump seat in the middle. It was canceled for safety concerns with the display in the center and no airbag.

Frank Mendez

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3, mkzh, f150
Occupation
sales
Country flag
in that specific respect, you can bet this is “final”

honestly, all this talk about incredible visibility in the CT, I have long thought isn’t clearly squaring with the reality of the design. Maybe it’s better, but materially so?

It’s like people are thinking the driver is sitting over the front wheel so can stare straight down the “nose” of the truck

but in reality, the driver is far back, and the CT still has every bit as much “hood” as an F150 - it’s just that 1/2 the hood is behind the glass as a “dash”

This photo has been size-corrected for the assumption the two vehicles are equally as wide (you’ll have to trust me here, or read a long post of mine elsewhere to prove it up). Note that this means if the CT is WIDER than the F150, the dash is even FURTHER back than compared to an F150

FF0DB14D-9195-42CA-8171-662664C6DA7F.jpeg

from the leaked photo at the top of this thread note that the dash if flat to the point of the bottom of the BAW.

Now look at this photo, which has been size corrected for both vehicles having 36” tires (again, trust me here or read a longer prove-up elsewhere):

5406F0C6-CC00-4F7E-94B2-373F2FFD9877.jpeg

notice anything, as relates to visibility from the driver line of sight?

I’ll sketch it:

44ED2F53-CC09-4027-B222-5124ED6E3EDA.jpeg

Now, can I say for sure the CT doesn’t provide some fractional, single-digit, increase in visibility? No.

But are people talking out of their arse when they claim the visibility in the CT is better than any other truck on the road?

Absolutely

The driver sits so far back from the CT “hood” that terminates inside the cabin, blocking view of anything below the BAW/glass line, that it’s not obviously ANY better than an F150

And that’s a raptor with a hood scoop!!

add in the CT’s extending A pillar and b-pillar that reach effectively halfway out the “hood”, and all-in I’m not betting anything on the relative visibility in the CT

but don’t let that stop the kool-aid-brigade and their spatial awareness impairments

I can hear them coming for me/this post now…

1684987407441.gif
And why does it matter with FSD? FSD is very close to full operation. I agree that the Kool-aid-brigade is making a mountain of a mole hill.

Smokehouse Brown

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Willis
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
Country flag
Tesla screen looks like someone just mounted some 27 inch Imac on the dash with some mounts found at Lowes. My grand kids would rip that off in the first week. Unless they drop the price to the 50's Im not buying it. I would be embarrassed to tell someone I paid 90+ for a plastic interior that probably cost less than $5000 to make. Minus the cost of the Imac. Most likely switching. We'll see.

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 1.18.50 AM

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 1.18.20 AM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model 3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I got you, dawg

F6778F3C-8507-4C83-A1DE-7ABC4CC5E29A.jpeg

bonus: shoe size 10.5
That’s a HUIUUGGGEEE dash…. Imagine all the contractor notes, receipts, pens, hats, gas station drink cups, tools and miscellaneous stuff from his/her pockets that will need up there!

Wife: where’s the electric bill? I gotta pay it…
Me: hold on, lemme check the dash
Sponsored