Zombie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck on reserve
Occupation
Zombie
Country flag
It makes no sense to say the area below the windshield is "wasted space". If the windshield had a more standard pickup truck angle, the "wasted space" would be outside the cab. In both cases, nothing can go there because that space is in the driver's line of sight when looking at the road in front of the truck. The reason the Cybertruck windshield encloses that space is to manage airflow at highway speeds. That is a huge advantage in terms of going further with a smaller, lighter, less costly battery, so the space is not wasted. It's a major design advantage of the Cybertruck, not a waste of space.

How do you propose that area be utilized in a less "wasteful" manner without blocking the forward view?
It’s wasted in the sense that it s a space you really don’t want to put things into. It will reflect up on the windshield and/or hurt visibility if you do. Also, it extends the A pillars and hurts outward visibility.

It’s just jarring and somehow very unattractive from the inside. From the outside it looks super cool. And probably has some aero benefit As you note.

I guess that’s the bargain. For cool aesthetics/aero on the outside, I’ll have to accept some jank aesthetics and usability compromises on the inside.

And while that may be the bargain we need to accept, it doesn’t change that I wish they could somehow improve the interior. At the very least they need to redesign that atrocious cheap POS arm/rest console to at least be more in line with the model 3/Y design.

The interior just looks a mess. It’s an unresolved in-cohesive mess. Way less resolved than any other Tesla. I hope that’s just because it’s an early prototype and they substantially improve the interior.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
It’s wasted in the sense that it s a space you really don’t want to put things into. It will reflect up on the windshield and/or hurt visibility if you do. Also, it extends the A pillars and hurts outward visibility.
That still makes no sense. Is the area above the hood of a traditional pickup "wasted space"? Because you really don't want to put things there - they will get wet when it rains or blow away when you drive too fast. And that ICE motor will make items get too hot in summer.

You see, that's more disadvantages for the way a traditional pickup "wastes" that same space.

JD@T3Cyber

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Logistics Manager
Country flag
I just sat in a Co-workers Ford Lightning last week, it was less than 1 week old. The display behind the wheel looked nice, the overall interior of the Lightning was nice, although too many switches. I do wish the Cybertruck would have a binnacle behind the steering wheel as well, it would perhaps minimize the size of that Dashboard! I hope they can keep the prices within reason. It would be nice to have a 400 mile range on a dual motor configuration too. Not all of us need all that torque but I believe most of us would love the extra range.

Smokehouse Brown

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Willis
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
Country flag
laughs don't do that in texas.. it is illegal here for peeps to ride in the bed of a truck... in fact it is ONLY legal in 21 states.
What? Says who? If your over 18 you can ride in the back of a truck in Texas. Just like riding in the back of a motorcycle. Who cares if it's not smart. I see it all the time.

ZombiePhysicist

Banned
Banned
First Name
Zombie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck on reserve
Occupation
Zombie
Country flag
That still makes no sense. Is the area above the hood of a traditional pickup "wasted space"? Because you really don't want to put things there - they will get wet when it rains or blow away when you drive too fast. And that ICE motor will make items get too hot in summer.

You see, that's more disadvantages for the way a traditional pickup "wastes" that same space.
That it makes no sense to you is mostly a problem for you.

It destroys visibility. Creates unusable interior space that I have to waste energy on cooling and heating, a giant greenhouse effect internally. It creates a wasteful giant windshield that is more expensive to fix, wipe, defog. It creates an interior space that’s unusable so things I might normally want to put in the dash area may roll so deep into that area that now I’ll have to get a grabber pole to retrieve. It wastes weight on extra mass and materials for that area. Oh and it’s hideous looking.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Photo is a wide angle lens, so it's distorted and everything looks narrower than it should. Could still have a 6-seat option if they want.
Nah it’s too narrow. Full size trucks have a center console width that’s just about a full seat wide even in 5 seater configuration. The rumors were true they shrunk the overall width and dimensions. Not that it’s all doom and gloom it’s probably going to be R1T sized with a longer bed.

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! 26D64FE2-B852-49EC-B673-1158B0B67FC0

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I'm pretty sure it won't have a display behind the steering wheel, and I'm glad it won't. That's the dumbest place to put a display because you have to look through the steering wheel to see it. Which means I would have to adjust the height of the steering to the only position that the wheel doesn't totally block the display (at least when the steering is straight ahead).

Watch almost anyone get into someone elses car that is a different height and one of the first things they usually do is adjust the steering wheel so they can see the instrument cluster through it. But, as soon as the wheel is turned 90 degrees, it blocks the display anyway. Just dumb.

I like adjusting the steering wheel to the height that provides the best ergonomics, irrespective of the view of the instruments.
Adjustable steering is necessary regardless of the position of the display, for reach and driver preference and comfort. The best place for it is on a HUD on the windshield, maybe that’ll be a tech package option.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Random question... do you think the employee who took this photo got fired for leaking it?

I mean, it seems like they keep CT photos (especially interior shots) under close hold. I would assume that employees sign some sort of NDA to not disclose certain projects until finalized.

If there were no consequences for employees taking these photos, then I could safely assume that we would see more interior shots by now.

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
I am sure there will be basic interior design adjustments. It works for me as long as it doesn’t cross the 100k threshold.

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
U have a pretty low reservation?
Sure, but the initial 6 seats was great!
My reservation is still valid! The main reason (mileage/initial cost) is still ok (considering that the price is the same).

Because the truck is narrower now, it could be shorter as well!! For my needs!!

JimboAnders

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model S, 2023 Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think we will see a 6th seat albeit a small one. Check out the foot rest.
No 6th seat. 2 in front. 3 in back. Many reasons for this. Air bag and display screen issues. Reduced width.
Sponsored