hard to expect people to read over 100,000 posts to catch up lol
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The CT in the photo appears to be production ready. It has side mirrors, windshield wiper, headlights, etc. I think this version looks better than the concept vehicle.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
So you want them to depend on very expensive sensor systems that cost more than the car?

-Crissa
@Crissa, the cost of vehicular LIDAR has steadily dropped; it was down to $250 per unit last year. What do the new 5K cameras cost? I am not a fan of LIDAR over Tesla Vision, I just don't think cost is the deciding factor anymore.

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3 LR75, Cybertruck Dual FSD
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I'd go with the Tesla comment in that article:
"We regularly test our own technologies against other sensors to calibrate our camera, sonar and radar system."
I'd prefer Tesla goes with infra-red sensors, the way Sandy Munro would like to see it on Tesla vehicles.

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3 LR75, Cybertruck Dual FSD
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I did a search last night for cyber truck in the past day. I found the picture posted on two sites and still I did not think it was new although I hadn’t seen it.

What gets my dander up is when an old YouTube video gets reposted that is x number of months old and everyone on the channel treats it like it is new. I guess that is one way to find out a channel has no real followers or followers with no real memory.
That is why it was re-posted because you did not see it!;)

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That pictures like 7 months old, the Cybertruck one.
Not gonna lie, I was a bit surprised how many people thought that was original on Twitter, then Electrek ran with it... then the killowatts guy made a big deal about Electrec not giving credit for the source. I replied this:

Tesla Cybertruck Lidar sensor spotted on Cybertruck prototype 1676917568502

Crazy what a single picture of the CT will do. We are all a bunch of vultures. Cleary the media folks get a lot of clicks on that stuff. I thought I was simply replying to the semi pic with a funny response... 🤷‍♂️

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Not gonna lie, I was a bit surprised how many people thought that was original on Twitter, then Electrek ran with it... then the killowatts guy made a big deal about Electrec not giving credit for the source. I replied this:

1676917568502.png

Crazy what a single picture of the CT will do. We are all a bunch of vultures. Cleary the media folks get a lot of clicks on that stuff. I thought I was simply replying to the semi pic with a funny response... 🤷‍♂️
It's wild how much Cybertruck generates. Some YouTubers really cash in, some avoid being click baity.

I really hope we have details for once and for all on a random Tuesday night real soon.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's wild how much Cybertruck generates. Some YouTubers really cash in, some avoid being click baity.

I really hope we have details for once and for all on a random Tuesday night real soon.
I tend to stick to a few YouTubers who I trust and who have discretion. There is so much junk content on YouTube it isn’t even funny.

Was bummed seeing one of my goto YouTubers republish a giant pile of Hopium chasing a scoop. Made me question everything he’s ever published.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

hold your breath, hold your breath :^)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I tend to stick to a few YouTubers who I trust and who have discretion. There is so much junk content on YouTube it isn’t even funny.

Was bummed seeing one of my goto YouTubers republish a giant pile of Hopium chasing a scoop. Made me question everything he’s ever published.
And which YouTubers do you trust? I guess I would say Munro Live and The Limiting Factor are trustworthy but the former is about teardowns and BEV internals and the latter is about battery chemistry. I liked what ConnectingTheDots did with his engineering analysis of the CT but those come out once in a blue moon. I do watch others but like people say they are out for clicks and generally don't know what they are talking about.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
And which YouTubers do you trust? I guess I would say Munro Live and The Limiting Factor are trustworthy but the former is about teardowns and BEV internals and the latter is about battery chemistry. I liked what ConnectingTheDots did with his engineering analysis of the CT but those come out once in a blue moon. I do watch others but like people say they are out for clicks and generally don't know what they are talking about.
I trust Munro for the stuff he’s good at, but he seems to have opinions about a lot of things I don’t think he’s really qualified on.

I trust The Limiting Factor… when I have 7 hours to suck in more details about a thing than I will ever want to know.

Connecting the Dots tends to release fun videos filled with a lot of hype and conjecture. He seems to have an odd combination of well researched videos without a ton of actual fact checking. He mixes a lot of really interesting relevant stuff with much-hyped but unlikely things like “Diamond Turns”. Hard to take his stuff too seriously.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
This makes me curious if the final wheel has been chosen and will be a secret until we see it or it is one of the ones we have seen.
It's like how my mother likes to send me links to news articles I read 3 weeks ago..... :ROFLMAO:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Couple more. Electrified, CleanerWatt, and Tesla Daily. All reliable, and relatively free of hype.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
@Crissa, the cost of vehicular LIDAR has steadily dropped; it was down to $250 per unit last year. What do the new 5K cameras cost? I am not a fan of LIDAR over Tesla Vision, I just don't think cost is the deciding factor anymore.
And what is the resolution of the $250 unit? And how much processing power do you need to recognize motion and objects using that data?

Versus just using their vision-based voxels?

Your phone cost how much? And has a range and field of view of how far?

I'd prefer Tesla goes with infra-red sensors, the way Sandy Munro would like to see it on Tesla vehicles.
They are, using raw camera sensor data instead of clipped color corrected data for their voxel solid object detection.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Last edited: