Limited-Edition Foundation Series CT is ready to order!

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Received email today "as an early reservation holder" to purchase my CT! Full Options: $99,990

Question: (As best anyone can guess) If I sit on my reservation and do not respond to this "invitation", where does that leave me in the queue?
I'm going to wait for the dual motor, no FSD...basic unit. Hold my breath for another 2 years?
Sponsored

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
optimistically 2 years, since still about 150,000 in front of you waiting for NON FS AWD which not gonna start this year. And about 2 millions reservations holders after you will be ask to accept the invite if you bypass this one 😂

I would wait for NON FS AWD if my RN with in first 50000,which I am not so I jumped in to skip the much earlier reservation holders who made the same decision as you are making.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Old Pro

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
optimistically 2 years, since still about 150,000 in front of you waiting for NON FS AWD which not gonna start this year. And about 2 millions reservations holders after you will be ask to accept the invite if you bypass this one 😂
My reservation is day #2. I'll continue to be patient.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I received my FS invite today around 3:30pm (11am day 2 reservation holder). I really wasn’t expecting an invite until summer.

I plan on waiting for non-FS trim. It could open up next month, 3-months, 6-months, next year, etc. Only Tesla knows.

Last edited:

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
Received email today "as an early reservation holder" to purchase my CT! Full Options: $99,990

Question: (As best anyone can guess) If I sit on my reservation and do not respond to this "invitation", where does that leave me in the queue?
I'm going to wait for the dual motor, no FSD...basic unit. Hold my breath for another 2 years?
Congrats!
As a Limited Edition, many of the vets of this forum such as @cvalue13 feel that Tesla will turn off the FS faucet fairly soon. Possibly after Q1, possibly once they hit a certain run rate in the ramp or hit a certain number of orders. The newer folks on this forum think Tesla will go for the easy money and give everyone who ordered a CT an opportunity to pay more and get a Foundation Series.
So, it is a big guess at this point. I personally feel they will stop with the FS in the next month or two, and then start going through the queue again to let us regular folks order a regular ole CyberTruck.
I think the only ~certainty is that you still have a place in the queue, for whatever that is worth. So whenever they do sell regular non-FS trucks, your place in the order queue should be comparable to where you were in this FS round. But when your turn comes up again is a big guess.🤷🏼‍♂️

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
As a Limited Edition, many of the vets of this forum such as @cvalue13 feel that Tesla will turn off the FS faucet fairly soon. Possibly after Q1, possibly once they hit a certain run rate in the ramp or hit a certain number of orders.
by way of update/clarification:

I think Tesla itself isn’t sure how long they’ll run them, is leaving themselves flexibility to keep extending, and has in fact several times updated/extended its intended run of FS

So, I’d say the better answer is: anyone who go says eg “they’ll sell them all year” is suggesting they know more than even Tesla does; whereas conversely, I wouldn’t say they will end soon with any certainty, so much as that it could be soon so long as Tesla doesn’t keep deciding to incrementally increase the duration in ~monthly tranches

If forced to make an (educated) guess of Tesla’s *current* plan (subject to change): now that we’ve crossed the Q1 barrier without non-FS configs opening, I’d be expecting Q2 at soonest

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
Depends on your reservation #. If you ordered the night of the reveal or the day after, you might take delivery sometime in 2025.
Sponsored